We had recently spent 3 nights at Centara Grand Hotel Chaweng. We came to a hotel after a week spent at Beach Republic.
Actually we had been looking for a good 5-star hotel with an easy access to Chaweng night life. Centara had been advised by our friend for its territory and location.
Territory was very nice, clean and well maintained. Swimming pool is cozy and spa well worth to visit.
Cocktails in a sea breeze bar were tasty and food was good.
So hotel territory well worth its 5 star ranking.
But all above positive issues were diminished by extremely worn out room with damaged furniture. Room was quite noisy due to the fact that it has a door to an adjoining room. Minibar was very basic and all a lot of balconies are visible from your room and visa versa naturally.
Bathroom is equipped with both shower stall and a tub but if you are overweight than you will never fit into the stall.
Actually the overall room level is not more than 3 star. In Europe much better rooms could be seen in 3 star hotels.
Reception and check in \ out was fast and effective. Personnel was very friendly and helpful. However during the check out receptionist tried to charge us an extra 1000 bath for the services that had not been provided for us. After settling of this issue they had claimed some additional payment for the laundry bag that had been taken by the staff with our clothes to the laundry. Anyway finally they had apologized and all the extra charges excluded from the bill.
So conclusion is that if you need a perfect hotel territory with convenient locations and doesn’t care about room that this is a good option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand