We stayed here for 2 weeks from June 11th in a pool suite. We'd stayed previously in 2006 as a Central prior to Centara conversion. Everything was perfectly relaxing and quiet with no noisey people about and relatively few kids.
As usual beach was pure tropical tranqulity and the option to head back for a cool dip in our own pool made this holiday. Room was great and as decor as expected with very sound proffed walls which israre these days. I think these people that moan are used to these clinical featureless modern places. If you want that stay at the Library, the Centara is as it states in the title 'Grand' not modernistic. Thats why we love this place and will return again.
Can well recommend Jumbo rental agrage about 400 yrds up the street for bike hire rather than some of the dodgy onstreet hirers and best value for quality food is Chillis about 50m past macD's. Check out their thai steak offer, was perfect filet steak couldnt se point in paying double for Aus/NZ steak. Also check out the locoal market just past Brazilian, most nights for cocktails stalls at 50B a pint and 'made in front of you' pad thai.
Only small things to be aware off are the hard beds (pretty standard in thailand i think) mozzys outside room so spray well, anoying flies around the breakfast area and long queue for a fried egg because of all these omellete lovers.
Other than that we would seriously consider going back to this hotel for a third time (tommorow if i could) in the very near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and to Chaweng Road. The resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a spa, complimentary Yoga classes, a large sea-gazing pool with swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts, two kids clubs, and 6 restaurants and bars. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, water sports, snorkelling and island hopping excursions, and diving opportunities arranged by the PADI Dive Centre. You'll enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites (from 40 to 132 square metres) while selected suites also provide concierge services. The resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand