We stayed at the centara Grand for 7 nights during February. The relaxed and friendly atmosphere of this beautiful hotel really ensured that we had a great trip.
The grounds are beautifully maintained and is really an oasis away from the busy street.
The hotel is set at the quieter end of Chaweng, however, is still close enough to plenty of restaurants and shops.
Breakfast buffet was great, especially Jo at the egg station who made the most delicious ommelettes and fried eggs. However, it does get quite busy, so I would suggest two egg chefs or a larger grill to avoid queues.
We only ate once in the hotel for Japanese buffet night and boy was it worth it! The freshest sushi, sashimi and salads and plenty of hot meals.
The only downside to this hotel is the bathroom door. Instead of being a solid door, it is like two shutters, which do not block out light or noise.
Otherwise, we had a fabulous holiday at the Centara and I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Splitty, Fastbooking, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand