“Best wedding ever!!”

Ranked #13 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Wales
“Best wedding ever!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We got married at the Nora Beach in March this year, and it was all we could have imagined and more. I did write a really long review a week or so after we got back and then managed to lose it all somehow before it was uploaded so have only just got round to doing it again!!

There was about 35 of us altogether including our two children, aged 2 and 4. Everything from start to finish was fantastic and so professionally organised. It really does put everything in the UK to shame in terms of service and dedication. Most of the details had been organised over email in the lead up to the wedding but to be honest I could have changed my mind completely in the pre-meeting two days before the event and nothing would have been too much trouble! The flowers that were put together the day or two before were the most beautiful I've ever seen and so expertly created. The food was AMAZING and such good value - we went for a Thai Seafood Buffet but basically it was like a huge international buffet with everything and more that we could have ever dreamed of. The whole atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxed but everything was taken care of and the staff were so friendly, especially towards the children. I felt like a celebrity as we sat in the pool villa and looked out into the ocean while we sipped champagne and had our hair and make up done - fantastic experience!!! I am not religious at all and the vows that they suggested were so beautifully written - I don't think there was a dry eye on the beach!! I had prepared all the music that I wanted played at various points in the service but Lloyd (the wedding planner) asked us to hear the guitarist play first. As soon as he started playing in the rehearsal the day before, he took by breath away and I was overcome with emotion, he had such an amazing voice. Would definitely recommend going with that option!

We had a pre-wedding three course meal for all our guests the night before at the Nora Buri (sister resort just up the beach) - this was one of the best meals I have ever had, everyone's steak was cooked perfectly etc etc and they made us flower garlands - the whole wedding/holiday was filled with little touches like this which just made it so special. The Nora Buri is even better than it looks on the website, if you can afford a night or two here then it would be well worth the treat! Included in the wedding package was a meal just for the two of us at the Nora Buri - we had a table set on the beach with our very own BBQ and chef and waiter the night after the wedding - I have never seen so much food on one table for two people in my whole life!

We had some spa treatments down at the sister resort in Chaweng - the Nora Chaweng - which is a great town hotel. Again we were treated like royalty and Lloyd came down to see us off home, as it was our last day and thank us again personally. I feel really sad writing about it now because I just want to be back there!! Happy hour in the pool bar was definitely a highlight as well!

After having our wedding in Thailand nothing else really compares at all back home and I'm so glad we got married in an amazing country and chose the Nora Beach. It was an unforgettable experience and we will definitely be saving up to go back soon!!

Thank you soooo much Lloyd and team for making our wedding day so perfect (sorry it's taken me so long to get this review done!)

PS. If you're looking for a fantastic wedding photographer than go with Chu at www.donudes.com - have a look at his photos on his website to see what I mean! I have tried to upload some photos but it's taking ages as they are such big files, please contact me if you would like to see some photos!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank K_BoWales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed in a pool villa. The Villa was fine and a great pool. Beach was ok but more of a lagoon. Good breakfasts. The theme buffet nights not so great. We stayed in the villa closest to where breakfast is served (and where the buffets are held) and could too often smell it. One of the pool Villas further away would have been a better experience and would recommend on that basis.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2010

(I have been meaning to write this review for months!)
We had our wedding at Nora Beach Resort in April this year and it was more than perfect in every way! We had over 40 family and friends (including 8 children) ranging in age from 12 months to 80 years old come to stay there with us and it was such an amazing time! From the incredible attention to detail (and I love details!), the excellent food, service, flowers, and just all that you could want in every way.
Lloyd (GM) was so helpful and thoughtful in all that he helped us with. We communicated by email for a few months before hand and although I was a little worried that enough of the 'details' were not arranged beforehand, once we arrived at the resort it was all systems go and he made sure we told him everything we wanted. We really felt like VIPs and it was like living a dream! Whether you are after a very low key casual wedding or a fully blown event nothing is difficult for them! We had staff to help us get ready, the best spread of food, our music all synced perfectly, and even fireworks to top it all off. Dancing on the beach at the reception was so much fun too! We even decided to book the lady boys option for our hair and make up (myself and 2 bridesmaids) and although we didn't know what we would get it was better than you would ever get at home and took half the time!! Lloyd can also book you a nail girl he knows who is great to do acrylics if needed.
Leading up to the wedding was also great and we arranged to have a Girls Day out at Nora Buri Resort where we had a cocktail pool party! The boys played golf at Santiburi and said it was amazing with their own caddys and all! The night before the wedding we also had a Welcome Party for everyone at Nora Buri which was beautiful.
Breakfast is great and a huge variety and gorgeous setting overlooking the beach.
Our guests stayed in a variety of rooms from Superior to Pool villas and all were happy. We also attended another wedding there the year before and we stayed in an Ocean Pool Villa which are just perfect! If you can afford a pool villa I would recommend it, if not just get a Superior room which is spacious enough and had a balcony to enjoy.
The beach at Nora is not one of the big sprawling ones with golden sands, but really everything else about it including the pool make up for that. The ocean is still swim-able and the views are beautiful.
The spa at the resort if lovely and we had a fab treatment there. We also loved going up the road to "My Friend" massage most days for a more affordable treat!
I could go on forever about how fantastic our week at Nora was. All I can say is THANK YOU to all the staff and we cant wait to come and stay again and see our Love Tree!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MojitoMumma
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My wife and I spent our honeymoon here (November 2008 - TA won't let me select earlier than 2009) and loved it.

We stayed in one of their 'Ocean Villa's and it had everything we needed. The villa was spacious and airy, the bath was huge. The bed was perhaps a bit firm, but that's just a personal thing. Sitting on the balcony drinking cold beer and eating take-away from the local food shops was a great way to pass the time, as was watching the beautiful sunrises.

The staff are friendly, efficient and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

We recommended the place to one of my wife's workmates, and they had a great stay here, too.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I traveled to the Nora Beach Resort with my boyfriend & my parents. We met my brother and his bride there. From the beginning of the trip we were treated so well. The cold towels became a fast favorite. We stayed in Superior rooms and my brother got upgraded to a villa as part of his wedding package. Both were great accommodations. I thought that the breakfast was out of this world --soooo good. Lloyd is the GM over the Nora Hotels and he was critical in planning the wedding. He had fantastic ideas and it was a beautiful ceremony & reception held over at the Nora Buri Resort. Everything was catered to our family and we will never forget our trip to Samui and the Nora family. Everything that Lloyd did was so special and unforgettable. It was incredibly humid while we were there but as long as we stayed in the pool we were good to go.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank midance48
bangkok
Reviewed July 19, 2010

i stayed at nora beach and had my wedding ceramony at nora buri, the 5 star sister resort a few hundred meters away. both where beautiful places and i would stay at either one of them again. llyod maraville who is the general manager and wedding planner set everything up and it was perfect. we had no issues or problems when planning the wedding or durring the ceramony itself everything seemed to be perfect. i recomend both hotels and if anyone is interested in getting married in thailand, i highly recomend doing so at nora beach or nora burri.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cbeaudo22
melbourne
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights during June/July of 2010. We absolutely loved the hotel and the staff that worked there.

We had a superior room, which is the most basic room, which consisted of a large room, bed and bathroom. It was rather spacious and it was just what we wanted. For those wanting a little bit more, there are villas available, but we didn't think that was necessary.

The pool was amazing, and overlooked the beach. It was an easy walk from the pool down to the beach, which gave you more options. The pool bar was sensation and there was happy hour from 4-6pm everyday, with cocktails costing approximately 100baht during this time.

The breakfast was really nice, and changed everyday. This was good as because we were there for 6 nights, it meant we got a bit more variety, which we had not got at other hotels in thailand.

Nora Beach is approximately a 5 minute drive from the main street in Chaweng, which means that it was a little bit more quiet which was really nice. It did not take long to either walk down to the main road, or get a tuk tuk or taxi. You could also walk along the beach to the main area if you liked to as well.

The staff were exceptionally nice and made our stay amazing. We loved it here, and will definitely be staying here next time we are at Koh Samui.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple