“lovely resort”

Nora Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This resort is in a great location. We stayed at the Mantra and Fair House Villa & Spa on this trip as well and they were a bit far away from everything.
Food and drinks all very good, lovely pool very clean, make sure you have plenty of Mozzie repellant this was the only problem. We stayed for a Wedding and it was beautiful and the couple were well looked after and very happy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Jenn735,

Sunny Greetings from Koh Samui and Nora Beach Resort&Spa,
Once again thank you for choosing Nora Beach for your latest holiday and we are appreciate your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
Here in Nora we’re always try to do our best to satisfy our guest as much as possible. Therefore I will personally share your feedback with our entire team.

I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I spent 6 night swith a friend at the resort and whilst the resort was pleasant, the service was very disappointing. Reception staff were welcoming on arrival, but not very helpful when it came to making a complaint. We had a number of issues mainly with housekeeping. Every day they would take away our towels and would not replace them all which meant a phonecall and then waiting around for 30 minutes whilst they brought you fresh towels. There is also a do not disturb sign which they appear to either miss completely or just choose to ignore. On three days running they knocked on the door in between 9 and 10 and when we didnt answer on the last day they rang the room until we answered the phone to check if we wanted our rooms cleaning. Managed to put us in an incredibly foul mood and not the best way to start the day. I raised this with reception on the second day and every day thereafter and asked for the manager to contact us, as we were clearly being ignored by housekeeping and reception staff. I was consistently told he wasn't around or was too busy and the only time he would be available was after we checked out (which was not very helpful)! this was incredibly disappointing and resulted in us not being able to enjoy a lie in or have a shower without having to get on the phone to reception to have a moan. we also had issues with Room Service where they messed our order up pretty much every time, but on the last night they messed it up three times and then tried to charge us for all three dishes despite not having ordered it all.

The resort is nice, but there are plenty in Chaweng Beach and I am sure with better service. I am not as much disappointed with just the service, but it was the fact that even when we did complain nothing changed and the management seemed to be "too busy" to address our complaint.

the only other gripe was that the bathroom was never cleaned properly. Again I think a lot of the problems could be fixed by contracting new housekeeping staff!

My advice is to book into somewhere else where you won't have issues with service and will enjoy your stay, rather than come away feeling wholly disappointed!

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank odonomic

Dear Odonomic,

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort&Spa

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent visit.
I hope that you had pleasant return journey.

Your invaluable feedback is very important to ensure that we continually deliver ultimate experience for our guest. At the same time, i was concerned to read that on your occasion we did not met some of your expectations.

I have noted your feedback regarding your overall experience with housekeeping, room service, front desk and especially with your several requests to see the manager.

First of all please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay.

Please rest assured that I have addressed your concern to our Housekeeping manager and necessary action is being put in place.

At the same time i was really concerned to read that you have request to see Manager and you've been told many times that I'm not available or busy. This is certainly not right and I have personally talked to front desk to ensure that this never going to happened again. I've been informed only once and it was on your departure day that there were some issues. I'm here every day, from early in the morning till late night. I do walk many times during the day around the resort and you can see me at the breakfast every day same as during the day. I'm always to willing chat with our guest and ensure that any complain will take immediate action. I'm sorry that on your occasion I failed. Please accept my apologies.

Please feel free to contact me anytime.
om@norabeachresort.com

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Nora Beach Resort&Spa in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just spent 11 fun filled nights at Nora Beach. The staff were great especially Rin and Pa down at the pool bar. We would like to thank you guys for a fantastic time. Oh the buffet breakfast was great. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank RJP25
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear RJP25,

Many greetings from sunny Koh Samui and Nora Beach Resort&Spa,

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
It was our pleasure to having you as a guest and i will personally share your feedback with our staff especially with Rin and Pa.
We hope that you had a great time and looking forward to welcome you again.

Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We just returned from our honeymoon in Thailand. One of our destinations was Koh Samui. We were upgraded to a villa after letting the reception know that we were on our honeymoon, which was very nice. The rooms are a bit small without much closet space. However, the beach and pool area is just a short walk. One thing that was misleading on TripAdvisor by other users was that the center of town is close by. This isn't exactly true. It's at least a 10 minute drive (or about a 25-30 min walk) from the resort. Overall, service was great. I would stay here again.

4  Thank samiam79
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Samiam79,

Many warm greetings from Nora Beach team.
I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

We would like to thank you for choosing Nora Beach Resort&Spa for your honeymoon and thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are always trying to provide best possible services.
I will share your feedback with our team and will looking forward to welcome you for another memorable holiday.

By the way, due to the fact that many people have discussion about distance from our hotel to chaweng, I have decided to take time how long it will take me to get to chaweng. (ARK BAR) It took me exactly 6 minutes 30 seconds using my bike (average speed) to park front of the ARK BAR which is where most of the restaurants are. I believe that it might take little bit longer during the night time when you go by car and streets are busy.
Once again thank you very much and hope to see you again.

Best regards

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I arrived early to Nora Beach Resort not expecting to be able to check-in so early, but we were pleasantly surprised with the very warm welcome and to hear our room was ready. Such a delight after flying all night with no sleep. Reception staff were so friendly and walked us to our room which had views of the ocean and the beautiful pool area. The walk through beautiful gardens was wondeful, even the gardeners greeted you with a big smile and hello. Our first impression of our villa was fantastic, the room was very spacious with a king sized bed decorated with rose petals in a heart shape, the attention to detail was beautiful. The bathroom was large with a huge window looking out to the courtyard with an outdoor shower as well. The large bath was also decorated with beautiful orchids. The view from our balcony was lovely. The pool area and pool bar was terrific, especially when you could swim up to the bar and order your favourite cocktail. The restaurant is located close to the very clean beach. All the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was beautiful with a huge range of western and asian food. We ate most of our evening meals from the restauant as the food was lovely and very reasonably priced and every night there was great entertainment. The Day Spa was fantastic, probably the best massages we've ever had, the ladies in the Day Spa were just beautiful and amazingly strong, it was such a treat. The resort is in a beautiful location which has a free shuttlle into town for shopping or eating. I would not hesitate in staying here again. We were recommended here by friends and are so glad we stayed here, it was such a memorable honeymoon. A huge thank you to all the staff at Nora who made us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Bonny021,

Many greetings from Nora Beach Resort&Spa,

thank you for taking your time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.
We are very happy that you had a wonderfull time here and your feedback will be share with entire team. If there is anything else we can do, please do not hesitate to contact me
om@norabeachresort.com and hope to see you again.

Best regards

Reviewed May 10, 2013

A beautiful Traditional Thai resort - best swimming beach in Koh Samui - breakfast, lunch & dinner on the beach - clean & private Buri's surrounded by lush well maintained grounds, friendly staff - beautiful tropical retreat in a great location - a feeling of escapism

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear AW8998,

Greeting from Nora Beach Resort&Spa
We hope you had a pleasant return back to Sydney,
Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you had a great time and looking forward to welcome you again. I will share your compliment about breakfast with our Kitchen team.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just had 7 nights staying Nora Beach Resort & Spa - don't have one bad thing to say about the Resort. Upgraded from a Superior room to a Villa. It is amazing, staff are amazing, food great, pool fab...Loved it. The massage I had was one of the best I have ever had - just brilliant

Dear Marg1956,

Greeting from Nora Beach Resort&Spa.
We hope you had a pleasant return journey.
Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you had a great time and looking forward to welcome you again. I will share your feedback with entire team.