“Great place to unwind.”

Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place to unwind.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family recently returned from 7 days at Nora. After a week in Phuket we needed time to relax and this fitted the bill perfectly. Staff were so friendly, in fact by the 3rd day they knew us by name and a friendly greeting welcomed us to the restaurant, gym, pool or reception. The hill was a shock the first day but the lush surroundings made the walk back to the room a pleasant one. Position was ideal. Would have no hesitation is staying again, except next time we will stay longer. The highlight was the cooking school I did with my son at the hotel restaurant. Paula the soux chef was awesome and now I can proudly boast of my Thai cooking skills.

4 Thank MichaelB1961
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2013

Greetings from Sunny Koh Samui and from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,
I hopo you had a pleasant return journey.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay.

We are very happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your visit. Espacialy cooking class. I remeber that day. I hope you continue cooking back at home as you said you will be :-)
I will personaly share your experience with our entire team and especialy with Khun Wala our Sous Chef.

Meanwhile, If I can be of any further assistance,k please do not hesitate to contact me.

Nora Beach Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed in one of the Ocean Villas. The room is well furnished and comfortable, the aircon and blinds combined with a comfortable bed meant even when it's hot & humid outside you can sleep well. I could sit on the balcony in the morning, see the beach and listen to the waves.
The pool bar and restuarant are both great, the staff were excellent. Pool loungers do get taken up quickly though.
It's not far to Chaweng and if you walk down the road a little, there's a few little bars/restuarants that are cheap and tasty. I would recommend a taxi into Chaweng though. Theres also a minimart 5 mins down the road.
Would love to go back - wish Koh Samui was closer : - )

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris S
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2013

Greetings from Sunny Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

Please note that I have shared your positive feedback with our entire team and eveyrone are delighted to see that their efforts are greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Nora Beach for another memorable holiday.

Meanwhile, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me

Best regards,

Nora Beach Resort&Spa
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I went to this resort in January 2012 with a group of 6 friends for four nights. We stayed in the most basic villa option while two friends stayed in the beachfront villas with the private pool. Our stay was very enjoyable, and we had few complaints.

Liked:
- rooms were spacious and pleasant, with good air conditioning. friend's beachfront pool villa was huge! and very nice. Bathrooms were nice also.
- good sized main pool, well kept, with swim up bar
- the resort has its own area of beach making for gorgeous views and a nice alternative to the pool. there were a variety of water sports offered too eg. kayaking, jet ski, etc.
- good free wifi
- not overrun by small children
- reasonably priced food and cocktails
- friendly service
- free cocktails one evening
- short ride away from the main nightlife area
- good range of breakfast foods and two people to cook your eggs however you like :)

Disliked:
- requested a twin room for my friend and I and were given a double room instead. Were offered only a rollaway bed for that night and then moved to another room the next day. No partial refund/upgrade/similar
- rooms were cleaned late in the day (3-4pm) and towels were not always changed, or were taken but not replaced.

Pretty small complaints really for what was overall a fantastic stay. Thanks to Nora Beach Resort for a great holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bec H
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay at Nora Beach. I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

Your invaluable feedback is very important to ensure that we continually deliver the high standards.
I'm little bit confused about what do you mean Double room or Twin room, I believe you mean double bad or twin bad.
Therefore I have double checked your booking and I have to say that we did not receive any request from your travel agent for twin bad. For this I'm sorry but I hope it's has been sort it out for your convenient.

Rooms clean late and towels: I have to say you are right and I would like to apologies for any inconvenience caused. During high occupancy our housekeeping manpower wasn't enough therefore on some occasion we have been late with cleaning rooms. Sorry for that. Same with towels, We have ordered more than 250 new beach towels to avoid any future problems.

I do hope that these small issues will not deter you from visiting Nora Beach in the future and we are looking forward to restoring your confidence in 100%.

Meanwhile, If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights in January 2013 as we attended a family wedding. Hotel was absolutely fantastic in many ways. Location was great as it was away from the busy main strip, yet close enough. Rooms were clean, however could do with a little renovation but did not really affect our stay. The air conditioning was a little noisy. The pool is fantastic as it has a swim up bar and adjacent to the beach. Gym is small, however is sufficient for your holiday training. Buffet breakfast included was fantastic and the staff were more than helpful on all occassions. This hotel is fantastic for any stay, from couples to families as they are very child friendly. It is an exceptional wedding venue and the staff should be congratulated for the fantastic effort and service they provided during my sister in laws special day. Thank you to all the staff at Nora Beach for a wonderful experience. We will definetely be returning in the future.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, a room with a beach view would be nice.

Sunny greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you very much for such a nice review. We are happy to read that you had a fantastic stay during your family wedding.
Your positive feedback will be share with the entire team in the hotel so everyone can see that their efforts are greatly appreciated.
Please say hello to everyone from Nora Beach Team.

Liverpool
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked this on the strength of reviews on Tripadvisor and usually do not go wrong. In this instance I found to my dismay (after booking the holiday for my daughters and family) the reviews in my opinion did not meet my/our expectations.
The pictures the hotel are displaying must be from when the hotel was new. The complex is in desperate need of refurbishment and we were told this was due to be started in the next year or two. See the pictures I have attached. Rooms are dark and dismal with overgrown trees and bushes.
The New Year Party was a washout with the weather. Nobody can control what happens with the weather but there was no back up plan considering it rains most New Years here. My family went to bed hungry and very upset.
Service not brilliant, rooms tired and definitely in need of more beds around the pool.
The manager was keen to help and assist in any area guests were unhappy and he moved my family to the Nora Buri, the sister hotel down the road which was a million times better.
Wish I'd have booked there in the first place.

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,
I hope that rest of your holiday was great and you had a pleasant return journey.

Honestly I have to say that your invaluable feedback is very important for us to ensure that we continually deliver high standard of service at Nora Beach, unfortunately on your occasion we failed. That is true and we have to accept it.

I have noted your overall experience during your stay, due to the fact that we spoke to each other on daily basis. I really don't want to use this as a excuse, even we tried to our best every time, sometimes it just happen that everything what possibly can go wrong....it does go wrong. Therefore, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay.

Regarding to our hotel and rooms:
You have all right to express your opinion about rooms, decor, overgrown trees. In this case I will leave this to makes everybody their own opinion if they like it or not.

New Year's Gala dinner: Such a shame. You are right nobody can control weather. Talk about back up plan? Unfortunately we don't have any space, part of restaurant which can be cover against rain. We did our best to satisfy all our guest, even we announced open bar. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy it.

They were three food stations whole time.

I'm happy to read that rest of your family had a great time after we allocate them to Nora Buri.

Once again, please accept our apologies. Please feel free to contact me.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

A very nice hotel with lovely tropical grounds and pool. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very nice and there was a wide variety to choose from. It is set on the beach which makes for a great view at eating time. Complimentary ride into town 3 times a day, otherwise its 50 Baht per person through the hotel. Just a tip, if u want a lounge chair for the day by the pool, put your towels on them before breakfast to 'reserve' them. We quickly realised this is what everyone was doing to avoid missing out on the chairs. Only negative were the rock hard beds! Omg we woke up everyday feeling like we had been beaten instead of having a good nights sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Nora Beach. I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding to one negative comment about our beds.
I would like to inform our entire future guest that our hotel has what we call: Softer Mattress Program and in case guest feels that our beds are hard for them, they can contact reception and will provide with softer mattress immediately. It's a shame that you didn't inform us.
I do hope that this small issue will not deter you from visiting Nora Beach in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Please, If I can be of any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nora is great to spend a few days, away from the noise of Chaweng, but still close enough for shopping & massage etc.

The breakfast choices were good however the other menus on offer (lunch and dinner) weren't as good.

Villa was very large, but with thin walls, so pray that you don't get a loud snorer or early riser next door.

Biggest tip, do what you can to get a room near the pool. The hotel is on a decent slope with the pool and restaurant at the bottom. So it's worth a bit extra not to have to hike to the top everytime you want breakfast or a swim.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Boeta85

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for staying with us. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding to some comments. Please note that i have personally passed your comments in order to ensure that the level of aour services is maintained at all times.

Please feel free to contact me on my email: om@norabeachresort.com