“Far enough out of the hustle & bustle of Chaweng!”

Nora Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Perth, Australia
“Far enough out of the hustle & bustle of Chaweng!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nora is great to spend a few days, away from the noise of Chaweng, but still close enough for shopping & massage etc.

The breakfast choices were good however the other menus on offer (lunch and dinner) weren't as good.

Villa was very large, but with thin walls, so pray that you don't get a loud snorer or early riser next door.

Biggest tip, do what you can to get a room near the pool. The hotel is on a decent slope with the pool and restaurant at the bottom. So it's worth a bit extra not to have to hike to the top everytime you want breakfast or a swim.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Boeta85
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for staying with us. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding to some comments. Please note that i have personally passed your comments in order to ensure that the level of aour services is maintained at all times.

Please feel free to contact me on my email: om@norabeachresort.com

Nora Beach Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We Stayed for 7 days at this resort and loved it. The resort is well maintained, big, and just outside of town. The owner greeted us at breakfast, and is from Slovenia I believe, went to school in the US at some point, and is very nice to talk to. The food was very very good, big portions, and a big price tag! but its worth it. The breakfast is top notch, always different items to eat, unlike most hotels!

Stepped out of breakfast and wham! there is the seaside pool and private beach! The pool isnt immaculate but it was still good to enjoy. No sports on the beach :( All of the beaches on this island suck! so dont expect too much from this beach either. The sand isnt soft on this island at all.

We rented a motorbike from this hotel for 300 baht a day and pay for insurance one time.
With motorbike we drive all around the island and saw everything!

Its very quiet at this hotel, not too much party here. Nice place to relax. The staff was A+.

Room Tip: sorry no tips
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2013

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

I hope that you had a pleasant return journey back to Wisconsin. By the Way say Hello to Wisconsin, cause yes you were right I went to school in US many years ago and it was in Wisconsin as well, so i remember we had something common to talk about. I'm pleased that you think I was the Owner, unfortunately I'm not the owner. I work here as a operation manager, but.....thanks will buy you a beer next time maybe in Milwaukee :-)

Anyway thank you for such a nice feedback following your recent stay.
Couple things to say:
No sports: yes that is correct. Due to the high waves this time of the year we are not able to do anything until beginning of February, when the sea will calm down.
Beach: You do have a point, however it's a time of the year when waves are really big and it's not very comfortable for swimming and also during some storms on the sea the water is not so crystal blue.
I believe Samui has some stunning beach's maybe it would be good to ask someone where to go......

Meanwhile, thank once again and hope to see you again.
Please feel free to contact me if need it.

Sunshine Coast QLD
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We decided on Nora after many days of deliberation and deciding about various different reviews on many websites and also with a budget in mind. I must say am I glad we chose Nora. Pickup was prompt and hassle free, the check in process seamless including a cold towel and a juice. As it was our honeymoon, the staff had beautifully decorated our bedspread with heart shapes from flower, including a fruit basket and a few bottles of water. A very nice touch. To summarise

Rooms . Extremely clean. Well equipped with all amenities, a safe (although ours wasn't fixed to anything) fully stocked minibar, private balcony, spa bath, indoor outdoor shower (hot inside). Beds were quite hard but after night 1 were very comfortable. Overall, no complaints about the rooms - they may appear dated to some but to me they encapsulated THailand beautifully.

Restaurant . Brilliant. I've eaten at many buffet breakfasts in Asia, from 2 star to 5 star resorts everywhere from Japan to Singapore. This was one of the best I've had. The egg station was great, full selection of pastries and a few cereals, sausages, bacon, pancakes, baked beans and thankfully , as I'm addicted to Thai food, theres a selection of Asian dishes too ( red duck curry for breakfast -yum) unfortunately it's now created an addiction as the scrambled eggs with chilli and ham were just brilliant when topped with a sprinkle of chilli fish sauce !!! Heaps of fresh fruit and juices too. Unfortunately we didn't eat there any other times but if the Thai dishes at breakfast are anything to go by it'll definitely be worthwhile. Great service, attentive and kind and a superb outlook to start the day.

Hotel service. We didn't ask for much but when we did it was done with a smile. All staff acknowledged us and smiled when we passed them in the garden and even the golf carts around the pathways waited for us to notice them rather than yell at us to move. Housekeeping was great, we left phones and wallets and iPads on the bed accidentally one day and it was just moved to the table. What appeared to be the manager (sorry we didn't really introduce ourselves) hosted a cocktail greeting on the Wednesday night(I think) which was a chance for guests to socialise and meet each other, as well as a manager there who seemed receptive to guest communication and appeared happy and helpful. The cocktails were nice and the canapés lovely, also put on free of charge by the hotel - a welcome surprise !

Location. This is what we really liked. Its close yet far enough away from Chaweng to feel like you're out of the hussle that the main shopping and entertainment district provides. It's probably about a 20min walk to the main drag, up and down a few small hills, maybe a little longer along the beach with the odd diversion around a resort or two. Hotel has a few free shuttles in during the day, taxis will want 200b or tuk tuks 100b. It's amazing how relieving a greeting is from the security/driveway staff is after spending all day in town, then walking through the foyer to the pool!

Facillities. The pool is fabulous. Nothing else to say. Great swim up bar with some tasty cocktails, great music and what appeared to be a nice snack menu. My wife used the Spa for a 2.5hr body rub/massage and said she wishes she had it done earlier, loved the professionalism and decor, smell and ambience.

Overall. A great resort, fantastic value for money, best location in that area and we will definitely recommend it to anyone else who is going over to Samui.

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden villa, room 7308. The hotel is situated on a hillside- this room was near the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Myrigiswild

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

First off all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your excellent feedback on Tripadvisor. It's was very nice to read that you had such a great time with us. I will personally share your feedback with entire team. There is not much say here.....we always try to deliver ultimate experience for our guest and I'm happy to read that on this occasion our team did well. It was my pleasure having a chat with you during our cocktail night and we are hope to welcome you again soon for another memorable holiday.

Meanwhile, If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Nora beach for 5 nights and were sad to leave. It's such a great resort. Staff are very friendly and welcoming, the food is lovely, the gardens are amazing.
We stayed in a Superior room which I thought was bigger than what I was expecting and was very clean. We were on the top level which had great views and enabled us to do lots of exercising walking up the steps :-)
Short tuk tuk to the Main Street which was fine.
I'll be back hopefully January next year, we loved it.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Amytrav

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent visit.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Nora Beach. Your positive feedback has been shared with the entire team.

We do hope welcome you again in January next year and looking forward.

Meanwhile we wish you all the best.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

UK
Reviewed January 22, 2013

For anyone that is looking to stay at the Nora Beach Resort i would highly recommend, staff treat you with the most respect and really look after you, resort is not so in the main busy chaweng strip which was perfect for me and my boyfriend, we had a pool villa to start which was incredible and then a tropical suite which was very spacious and very comfy, even the standard rooms were comfortable, clean and well maintained.
The beach is quiet and well managed with not so many people, unlike the main chaweng beach.
I really enjoyed my time at the nora beach hotel and will definatley be returning next year!!

Thanks to Nora Beach Resort for a great holiday!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking your time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to read that you had amazing time with us and looking forward to welcome you back. If you planning to return next year let us know or if I can be any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at the Nora beach Resort over the New year for 11 nights and had a great time. I agree with other reviews on this site that the staff are very friendly and always happy.
The operations manager Matt was always available and very helpful and friendly, he even offered a free bar on new years eve because of the rain!
This is a reasonably small resort but with all the things you would expect from a large resort. The facilities are top class and the pool is always clean and inviting. The staff around the pool couldn't do enough for you and even apologised to us towards the end of the stay for being so busy and not getting to us quick enough, their idea of taking too long certainly wasn't the same as ours and we never noticed any delays.
We stayed in a Superior room which was very nicely decorated and perfect for our stay. Not sure what the villas are like but this room type was more than adequate.
The resort is a 5 minute cab ride away from the main shopping and eating area but you can also walk in 20 minutes. It is good to be slightly out of the hustle and bustle as it is s lot quieter on the beach where the hotel is situated.
We will be back and had one of the most enjoyable and relaxing holidays we have had for a long time - Thank you Nora.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jafe1

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are glad to read that you had a great stay and hope to see you soo.
I happy that you enjoyed New Year's party...... even it was little bit wet :-)

Wish you all the best and once again thanks.

Mauritius
Reviewed January 19, 2013

For whatever reason we had to stay two more days on Koh Samui which of course is not a bad thing to do. We found the Nora Beach Hotel and was able to book the hotel immediately on line via bookings.com. We booked two rooms and the one room was upgraded to a private villa with our own swimming pool and very large villa.
The hotel is situated right on the beach in the quiet northern end of Chaweng beach. The swimming pool area was great. Perhaps there could have been some more sunbeds available.We had a late breakfast the 1st morning and it was very busy and we had to wait a while for a free table. The food was fine and fresh fruits etc.
The room service was prompt and efficient. The WI Fi worked fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I have passed your comment about breakfast to ou F&B manager and also would like to inform that we have ordered more sunbeds so they should be here by end of this month.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Please If I can be of any further assistance, do not hesiate to contact me.

Yours Sincerely

Nora Beach Resort & Spa

Meanwhile, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Sincerely