“Fantastic Spot !!”

Nora Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We decided on Nora after many days of deliberation and deciding about various different reviews on many websites and also with a budget in mind. I must say am I glad we chose Nora. Pickup was prompt and hassle free, the check in process seamless including a cold towel and a juice. As it was our honeymoon, the staff had beautifully decorated our bedspread with heart shapes from flower, including a fruit basket and a few bottles of water. A very nice touch. To summarise

Rooms . Extremely clean. Well equipped with all amenities, a safe (although ours wasn't fixed to anything) fully stocked minibar, private balcony, spa bath, indoor outdoor shower (hot inside). Beds were quite hard but after night 1 were very comfortable. Overall, no complaints about the rooms - they may appear dated to some but to me they encapsulated THailand beautifully.

Restaurant . Brilliant. I've eaten at many buffet breakfasts in Asia, from 2 star to 5 star resorts everywhere from Japan to Singapore. This was one of the best I've had. The egg station was great, full selection of pastries and a few cereals, sausages, bacon, pancakes, baked beans and thankfully , as I'm addicted to Thai food, theres a selection of Asian dishes too ( red duck curry for breakfast -yum) unfortunately it's now created an addiction as the scrambled eggs with chilli and ham were just brilliant when topped with a sprinkle of chilli fish sauce !!! Heaps of fresh fruit and juices too. Unfortunately we didn't eat there any other times but if the Thai dishes at breakfast are anything to go by it'll definitely be worthwhile. Great service, attentive and kind and a superb outlook to start the day.

Hotel service. We didn't ask for much but when we did it was done with a smile. All staff acknowledged us and smiled when we passed them in the garden and even the golf carts around the pathways waited for us to notice them rather than yell at us to move. Housekeeping was great, we left phones and wallets and iPads on the bed accidentally one day and it was just moved to the table. What appeared to be the manager (sorry we didn't really introduce ourselves) hosted a cocktail greeting on the Wednesday night(I think) which was a chance for guests to socialise and meet each other, as well as a manager there who seemed receptive to guest communication and appeared happy and helpful. The cocktails were nice and the canapés lovely, also put on free of charge by the hotel - a welcome surprise !

Location. This is what we really liked. Its close yet far enough away from Chaweng to feel like you're out of the hussle that the main shopping and entertainment district provides. It's probably about a 20min walk to the main drag, up and down a few small hills, maybe a little longer along the beach with the odd diversion around a resort or two. Hotel has a few free shuttles in during the day, taxis will want 200b or tuk tuks 100b. It's amazing how relieving a greeting is from the security/driveway staff is after spending all day in town, then walking through the foyer to the pool!

Facillities. The pool is fabulous. Nothing else to say. Great swim up bar with some tasty cocktails, great music and what appeared to be a nice snack menu. My wife used the Spa for a 2.5hr body rub/massage and said she wishes she had it done earlier, loved the professionalism and decor, smell and ambience.

Overall. A great resort, fantastic value for money, best location in that area and we will definitely recommend it to anyone else who is going over to Samui.

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden villa, room 7308. The hotel is situated on a hillside- this room was near the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Myrigiswild
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

First off all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your excellent feedback on Tripadvisor. It's was very nice to read that you had such a great time with us. I will personally share your feedback with entire team. There is not much say here.....we always try to deliver ultimate experience for our guest and I'm happy to read that on this occasion our team did well. It was my pleasure having a chat with you during our cocktail night and we are hope to welcome you again soon for another memorable holiday.

Meanwhile, If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Nora beach for 5 nights and were sad to leave. It's such a great resort. Staff are very friendly and welcoming, the food is lovely, the gardens are amazing.
We stayed in a Superior room which I thought was bigger than what I was expecting and was very clean. We were on the top level which had great views and enabled us to do lots of exercising walking up the steps :-)
Short tuk tuk to the Main Street which was fine.
I'll be back hopefully January next year, we loved it.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Amytrav

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent visit.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Nora Beach. Your positive feedback has been shared with the entire team.

We do hope welcome you again in January next year and looking forward.

Meanwhile we wish you all the best.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

For anyone that is looking to stay at the Nora Beach Resort i would highly recommend, staff treat you with the most respect and really look after you, resort is not so in the main busy chaweng strip which was perfect for me and my boyfriend, we had a pool villa to start which was incredible and then a tropical suite which was very spacious and very comfy, even the standard rooms were comfortable, clean and well maintained.
The beach is quiet and well managed with not so many people, unlike the main chaweng beach.
I really enjoyed my time at the nora beach hotel and will definatley be returning next year!!

Thanks to Nora Beach Resort for a great holiday!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking your time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to read that you had amazing time with us and looking forward to welcome you back. If you planning to return next year let us know or if I can be any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed at the Nora beach Resort over the New year for 11 nights and had a great time. I agree with other reviews on this site that the staff are very friendly and always happy.
The operations manager Matt was always available and very helpful and friendly, he even offered a free bar on new years eve because of the rain!
This is a reasonably small resort but with all the things you would expect from a large resort. The facilities are top class and the pool is always clean and inviting. The staff around the pool couldn't do enough for you and even apologised to us towards the end of the stay for being so busy and not getting to us quick enough, their idea of taking too long certainly wasn't the same as ours and we never noticed any delays.
We stayed in a Superior room which was very nicely decorated and perfect for our stay. Not sure what the villas are like but this room type was more than adequate.
The resort is a 5 minute cab ride away from the main shopping and eating area but you can also walk in 20 minutes. It is good to be slightly out of the hustle and bustle as it is s lot quieter on the beach where the hotel is situated.
We will be back and had one of the most enjoyable and relaxing holidays we have had for a long time - Thank you Nora.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jafe1
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are glad to read that you had a great stay and hope to see you soo.
I happy that you enjoyed New Year's party...... even it was little bit wet :-)

Wish you all the best and once again thanks.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

For whatever reason we had to stay two more days on Koh Samui which of course is not a bad thing to do. We found the Nora Beach Hotel and was able to book the hotel immediately on line via bookings.com. We booked two rooms and the one room was upgraded to a private villa with our own swimming pool and very large villa.
The hotel is situated right on the beach in the quiet northern end of Chaweng beach. The swimming pool area was great. Perhaps there could have been some more sunbeds available.We had a late breakfast the 1st morning and it was very busy and we had to wait a while for a free table. The food was fine and fresh fruits etc.
The room service was prompt and efficient. The WI Fi worked fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I have passed your comment about breakfast to ou F&B manager and also would like to inform that we have ordered more sunbeds so they should be here by end of this month.

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Please If I can be of any further assistance, do not hesiate to contact me.

Nora Beach Resort & Spa

Meanwhile, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We are staying at the Nora beah resort and have only 2 days left here but don't want to leave!!! Where do I start...... The staff are absolutely GREAT!!!!, the food is delish, the service is top class, the room is just perfect even the lady that cleans our room is so thorough!! We had our wedding here and it was so amazing, call me biast but our family and I agree it was the best wedding ever! Michelle & her team made the whole day simply perfect, from having a personal assistant, the most beautiful flowers, amazing decorations and thank you to Den for stunning hair and make up, thanks to donudes for fabulous photos and thanks to kumar from unique tailor for very well made outfits!! when we retreated to our room we found the jacuzzi filled with beautiful flowers & rose petals!! we felt like we were dreaming! When my mum wasnt well Anne was there taking care of her and escorted her to her room offering help in any way, then Anne came back and looked after our 7 month old for the rest of the night so my husband and i could dance the night away! Mook makes us laugh and smile everyday when she gives our baby smiles and tickles :) the staff fuss over our kids as if they were their own and our kids love it so much! All the staff smile and say hello when they walk past and are so friendly. The detail and care the staff give is second to none. We HIGHLY recommend staying or wedding at the Nora Beach Resort koh samui and we will deffinately come back to stay here, hopefully soon!! :) it's been the best holiday ever!

• Stayed: January 2013
6  Thank Ezalovestravels

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor.
I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit and your wedding day at Nora Baech Resort & Spa. Your positive feedback has been shared with the entire team in the hotel and everyone is delighted to see that their efforts are greatly appreciated.
Everyone here at Nora Beach would like to wish you all the best on your life journey.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again for another memorable stay. Maybe next year for your 1st anniversary???

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at this resort for 8 days with my teenage granddaughter. My daughter was married there on January 7th. The rooms and meals were excellent. The garden, the pool , the whole setting was beautiful, quiet and calming. The staff were wonderful in the restaurant and also the concierge people were fantastic workers. Unfortunately, having a tummy bug and not adjusting the the humidity, I collapsed during the wedding party. The attention given to me for my recovery was oustanding. I would like to commend in particular a staff member called "Anne" (nickname) for her first aid skills and gentle nursing attention. She deserves some sort of recognition and reward from the management for her work that night. And two others I can remember from the restaurant staff were "Mook" and "Manik". They also deserve some recognition for their attention to customer service. They were all great friendly service people.
The people made my stay!!!!

Room Tip: The superior room was the basic one in the main building and it was spacious, had balcony was cool a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lyn C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor.
I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit and your daugther wedding at Nora Baech Resort & Spa. Your positive feedback has been shared with the entire team in the hotel and everyone is delighted to see that their efforts are greatly appreciated, especialy you mentioned our lovely waitress ANN. Don't worry we will definitely look after her. I hope you doing fine.
Say our regards to everyone.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again for another memorable holiday.