Stayed wih my wife for 5 nights over the Christmas break.
The resorts is generally well maintained although the Norra Villa we stayed in is looking a bit tired but it reasonably large with a deck overlooking the pond and large bathroom (with large bath).
Points to Note:
1. We arranged a pick up from the airport to the hotel, (which is literally a 3-4 drive), The cost was THB 500 for 2 people. On the way back it was THB300.
2. Pool is large with swim up bar that gets quite busy during peak season, alhough there always appeared to be enough deck chairs for everyone. The beach is really small.
3. Breakfast was included in our rate and the selection of hold and cold was OK, not fantastic, but it suited us fine. There are guys making eggs anyway you like but it can get quite busy around 9am+.
4. The hotel arranges free transportation to the Cheweng beach during the daytime (including returns from a pick up point). In the evenings (from 6pm) they charge THB50 per person. If you are a couple this is reasonable. If you have a group of 4 or more then you may as well hail a Tuk Tuk that come past every minute or two. The going rate by the Tuk Tuk Mafia is TBD200 to and from Chewang beach to the resort. It is no more than a 5 min ride, you could walk it but the road does get hilly at times.
5. We rented a car (Suzuki 4WD, it was pretty gutless but suited us fine) for one day. The place is about 40 m to the right across from the resort to the left when you come out. We were charged THB700 for the day (they keep your passport as security). Another guy at the resort got a rate of THB per day for 4 days so do negotiate if you rent for more than one day. There is ample parking near the entrance of the resort.
6. There appears to be a lot of comments re the small tv in the room which is tiny and not lcd/plasma. From looking into the std rooms they have larger LCDs but not the Vilas where the tV is part of a wooden unit so I suspect they will not be upgrading the villas.
7. The dinner food menu looked pretty average and quite expensive. We only ordered lunches by the pool and had dinner in Chewang Beach and other nicer restaurants.
We have stayed in Koh Samui twice now in the past year (last time we were at the Meridien, which is much nicer resort, but also much more expensive, especially at Xmas time). If you can get a reasonable rate I do recommend this place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nora Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nora Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Nora Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Nora Beach Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand