“Amazing!”

Nora Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Spent months looking over pictures and reviews of this hotel and when we arrived it didn't disappoint! We booked around 9 months in advance so we got an excellent price for an Ocean Villa - it was worth every penny!

The room, pool, restaurant, staff, everything about this resort was first class and we cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2012
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor. I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

Once again thank you for your positive feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us and we're hope to see you again very soon. Wish you all the best in 2013.

Best regards,

Nora Beach Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at this wonderful resort from November 16th until November 24th. We researched Trip Advisor and finally chose Nora Beach Resort and Spa. The things we were looking for; Not too close to the main shopping hub but not too far away either, a resort which was not too large, something which had direct access to the beach, must be clean and with friendly staff. Nora Beach Resort and Spa did not disappoint in any of these areas, in fact, we could not fault one thing about the place. One of the most pleasant aspects about this resort is the staff. By the end of the first day, they all know your name and warmly welcome you each time you arrive at the restaurant. Speaking of the restaurant, the food was magnificent and could not be faulted for either breakfast or dinner. The manager Mat, was also most friendly and approachable. We stayed in an Ocean Villa which was simply amazing. When we return to Koh Samui in the future, we will be staying at this resort. Thank you to all of our "special friends" at Nora Beach Resort and Spa for making our stay such a memorable one, we will see you again one day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen W

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay at Nora Beach Resort & Spa. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit. Your positive feedback has been shared with entire team in the hotel and everyrone is delighted to see that their efforts are greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another memorable holiday.

Nora Beach Resort&Spa

Reviewed December 21, 2012

The buffet breakfast was excellent, with a variety of different hot dishes every day. Rooms and whole resort was very clean. The staff were 10/10! Very friendly, polite, helpful and always smiling. A very peaceful and relaxing resort.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank silverleaf_pl
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your visit at Nora Beach Resort & Spa. Your positive feedback will be share with the entire team in the hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay here for our honemoon and my birthday. Pluses: Nora villa really nice, view of gardens is amazing, outdoor shower and window above indoor shower so you can see the sky. Reception staff very nice, helped my husband plan a surprise for my birthday. Great pool and great view of the beach. Best breakfast in our stay in Thailand - restaurent staff hard working and warm.

Location is perfect- wish I stayed before. Minutes to middle chewable but worlds away. Best of both worlds.

Areas for improvement : had to bag the pool staff to organise towels for us, they refused to believe we had none in the room, weren't the usual warm Thai service , didn't seem too happy with their job, due to storms (I hope) beach was dirty. Toilet had a disgusting stain on the seat as a result of long use. The cost of replacement surely does not outweigh the value - not sure how you can have the toilet in this condition at this price . Otherwise all aspects of room were great.

I would definatly come back .

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Ilana_melbourne

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay at Nora Beach. I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ulitmate experience which Nora Beach is renowned for. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding to some problems with towels, pool service, beach and most important thing cleaning standards in bathroom.
Please note that i have personally passed your comments to our Head of Department managers, in order to ensure that the high level of our services is maintained at all times.

Dirty Beach: please noted that we clean our beach area two times a day, unfortunatelly during november and december the sea conditions are different, which bringing lot of rubbish from outside sea. We do our best to keep the beach as clean as possible.

Toilet stain: I have to say i was suprised when you mentioned this thing. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. This is certainly not the level of standards we are know for. I have already passed your comment to our housekeeping manager and we do expect immediate improvment.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the oppurtunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us in the future and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Have nothing but praise for the staff including you Mat. The resort was perfect for us for a 6 night escape. Not sure if it was the time of the year but very few screaming kids. The villas are spacious with a large under cover balcony....Ideal to past the time on those rainy days. Only tip I can give management is to circulate a flyer with what the night time activities are. The only place we saw any mention was at the entry to the breakfast area and if you skip breakfast you just would not know what is on. And by the way the breakfast is great.

Room Tip: The grounds are down hill from reception. If you cant do the walk get a room closer to reception.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil B

Dear Neil,

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. I really enjoyed chating with you every day and hope you had a great time. I will check with our housekeeping department about those flyers, couse every room, villa should have one.

We are looking forward to wlcoming you back for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The general consensus of the resort is correct. It's a beautiful, tropical hideaway, with enough distance from the bustle of Chaweng, yet close enough to walk. The rooms and facilities are lovely, but the staff really cement the experience. They are so attentive and always smiling.

There have been one or two negative points brought up in these reviews, which I feel the hotel were too gracious on in response. Yes, the TV's are the old style CRT, but they're not necessarily 'old'. If the size and age of the TV in your room is what you're basing your experience on, Koh Samui probably isn't the destination for you. Secondly, while the villas are exceptionally nice, anyone who thinks the Superior rooms are just a standard hotel room is surely kidding themselves. They are big, comfortable and combine a mix of modern features with traditional stylings.

I booked through STA Travel, and had access to the My Time benefits, but I didn't get a room upgrade. When my parents went 6 months later, they did. It just comes down to availability. I'll be returning in the new year with friends, and Nora Beach Resort will be my first choice. :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank FreeRangePotato
Jeff S, General Manager at Nora Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

To: FreeRangePotato
Thank you!, appreciate on your time to put your review even experiences from 6 months ago!
Nothing to say, only to let you know that we still have a lot of thing to improve both products and services. It's impossible to make everyone satisfy, but we will try to maximize it.
New LCD TV has replaced in all of our Superior room. More training for our staff for the next 12 months.
Please email me when you finalize your trip to Koh Samui / gm@norabeachresort.com
Look forward to your next visit to Nora Beach!
Kind regards,
Jeff Sakakorn

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We absolutely loved staying at Nora Beach Resort. We lucked out a little as it rained more than we would have expected but it just confirmed we will be going back to stay at Nora as soon as possible . We stayed in a Beachfront Pool Villa and it was just gorgeous!!! We loved the in room dining (Nasi Goreng was my fav, Nora Club sandwich my partners) and we loved the breakfasts (fresh bread & poached eggs, my fav, freshly made omelettes, my partners). We also enjoyed going to the gym in the morning before breakfast. Nothing was a problem at Nora :-) and the staff were lovely. The operation manager was so helpful getting our WiFi running when we had problems. The Day Spa treatments were so relaxing (I had 2). We enjoyed being taken from our room to the lobby in a buggy, it was fun. I would recommend this resort to anyone wanting to get away from all the activity of Chaweng Beach, it was quite easy to not leave the resort and even the Villa. I can't wait to come back, just thinking about it makes me smile :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7014 and we walked just a few mins along the beach to get to the restaurant. We li...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Nora Beach Resort & Spa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Nora Beach. I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

Let me apologies for Wi-Fe problems that you had during your stay.
Part of that, I hope everything was great and you've enjoyed your holiday with us.

It was our pleasure getting to know you and hope to see you very soon.