“decent”

Chaweng Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #98 of 103 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed November 27, 2006

We found this hotel by walking the beach after being disappointed with some bungalows up further north and the polution on the beaches there. We stayed here in November of 2005 it should be noted We liked the location lots of grocery and convient stores near by, bars shopping etc and the room was very clean and secure. The staff could not do enough for us and were very friendly. The breakfast and restaurant were fine, the hamburgers a great deal and tasty, the Thai food was ok but there are so many restaurants to choose from that we went someone different every night. The only things we did not like was the croaking frogs in the pond but someone took care of that on day 3 and the rooster that walks the grounds as it gets a bit loud in the am. We would stay here again in a heartbeat as it was close enough to all the action yet peaceful at night. We stayed in the deluxe garden bungalow or room on bottom floor. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 7 .

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank thebundys

Reviewed October 13, 2006

I really loved my stay here. Breakfast is nice, excellent location, rooms were clean and bed comfy. The only negative thing I can say about this place is the sea which isnt good for swimmingat all , the pool isn't very big either. But if you wanna go for a swim you could walk along the beach for a couple of minutes only. I would definately stay here again thanks to the nice atmosphere, great massages ( thank you Song !) and superb location.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2006

I stayed at Chaweng Villa Beach Resort at the end of a 2 week holiday in Thailand and unfortunately it was the worst hotel of the trip. It wasn't because it was awful, but more because the rest of the hotels were so good. Which makes me think that the Chaweng Beach area of Koh Samui probably has some much nicer places than this one.

The location was good, right in the heart of Chaweng Beach and near all the bars, restaurants and markets. It was also right on a lovely beach. The hotel has a pool right on the beach which is nice but the pool is rather small and had high levels of chlorine. Also there weren't many sunbeds around the pool and these were largely taken despite the hotel not being busy.

The room was ok. The walls were covered in stains which made me think cleaning could have been better. Also the shower was poor and falling off the wall.

Staff were friendly and helpful. The room didn't have a safe but there is one at reception available.

Room came with breakfast buffet which was reasonable

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2006

The split-level bungalow was awfull. It looked like a garden shed with an upstairs added. The final straw was when I noticed that I could see daylight through the walls, there were holes in the thin wooden panelling. This and the fact that the windows didn’t close properly probably accounted for the room being full of mosquitoes. We went to reception and asked if there was any better accommodation available, fortunately we got a pleasant deluxe room at an extra 500 bht per night. However this room was far from perfect as the bathroom ceiling was all black mould. We ate once at the Sea side restaurant, which was the worst meal of our 3 week trip and one of the most expensive. I also overheard other people complaining about the food. The location was very central for the nightlife. The beach area was not good the beach south of here is much better. Overall not recommended, we stayed in much better accommodation in other places on Samui at lower prices.

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank luke9
Reviewed February 25, 2006

Just got back 2 days ago from this hotel, I stayed here for 10 nights, I had my own bungalow, and have to agree with the guy from aberdeen that as sson as I entered this dark room I could smell the foist and damp immediately, the bed was huge but was simply 2 matresses side by side. The bathroom was dissapointing and grubby, the shower was hopelessly weak and after taking a shower the floor outside the sshowr is soaking wet as the curtain stops about 6 inches from the floor. Now i cant comment on the other tyoes of rooms here but my bungalow was was average at best. The first two days it rained heavily non stop and because of the design of the roof over my varander/porch type thing this got soaked so i couldnt sit outside and view the nice gardens. I didnt have breakfast at all here and never spent any time at the beach bar (try sandies down the beach), the staff at the reception seemed a bit miserable also, but overall i enjoyed my stay here but i do think they need to revamp the interiors of these bungalows. The location of the hotel is sxecond to non and it's restaurant at the front near the road is superb.

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank Markthemover
Reviewed January 27, 2006

After reading several reviews on this hotel we decided to book it for 3 nights.
In hindsight I would of rather stayed at another hotel with better facilties on the same stretch of Chaweng beach. The pool is tiny and cold, theres not enough beach chairs, no wait staff for drink orders. Just a shabby 2-3 star property.
The one positive is the staff and grounds area.

Jason

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank aussieward
Reviewed January 17, 2006

Myself and fiancé stayed at the Hotel for 15 nights.

We staying in one of the Deluxe Bungalows. No way was this deluxe. I don't even think it was standard.

As soon as I walked into the room you could smell the damp and mould. The bathroom was not much better. It was practically falling apart.

We did not make it for Breakfast the first 3 morning as we boozing until the earlier hours (I will come back to this later) but we did on the 4th.

It was awful. We were feeling a bit ruff and could not handle anything to heavy so I headed straight for the bread to make some toast.

I got the shock of my life. There was massive ants crawling all over the bread. After seeing that me first thoughts were to head back to table and just stick to the Coffee.
That was just as bad. There were crawling up the legs of the table and all over the table cloth. That was it. We just left and had some breakfast on one of the lovely restaurants on the beach.

I know you can't expect the same level as Health and Hygiene as you do in the UK but there is no excuse for Ants crawling all over the Breakfast Food.

My last moan about the Hotel was on the our last day. Our flight did not leave until 1830.I called reception the night before obviously willing to pay more for a late check-out.
They said this would be fine and the cost would be an additional THB600.
We were both relaxed after this as we could enjoy our last night without having to be out of the room by 12.00noon.
Anyway on the last day Reception called the room at 1150 and said it was now not possible as they just had a late booking.

We so mad. As your imagine we're both dying after not getting back to our room until 4.00am and still had to pack.

After a about an hour we finally checked out. As we still had a 5 hour wait until our flight we hung by the pool. What really infuriated us was the entire time we sat by the pool felling really ill (I know it was self inflicted) our room was still empty.

I would defiantly not go back to this Hotel again. We paid THB1700 per night( this was a Travel Agent Rate) As I am a Travel Agent and I would not recommend this Hotel to any of my clients or anybody I know. There is much nicer accommodation further down the beach for the same price.

Other than the accommodation being rubbish we did have the a Holiday of a Lifetime.

The nightlife was excellent. If you like your Dance Music the best Bar on the beach has to be the Ark Bar. They have a Beach Party and BBQ every Wednesday with a Local DJ playing. Another good Venue is the Green Mango this is open until 3.00am.

If you want after hour drinks there is only 2 places we know of. First is the Crash Bar. They are open until 2.00am but if you're there about 1.30am they will usually have a lock in until 5.00/6.00am. The other Bar is Hendrix's. This bar plays all Rock / Indie Music and is open until about 6.00am.

If you are planning to go to Koh Samui make sure it is when the Full Moon Party is on. That was on 3rd last night. The best drink to have is a bucket of Samsung and Red Bull. It will keep you awake all night.

Stayed: November 2005