Chaweng Villa Beach Resort
$115
  • Beachfront
$402
LuxuryCollection
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$115
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$67
  • Pool
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$123
$88
Agoda.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$196
$153
  • Pool
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$299
$70
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$102
$85
Priceline
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$122
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$144
$132
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 26, 2012

If you want a good place to start your journey, I think that this hotel is right for you. The sea is not the best, and the room is not very confortable, but away... you can go where you want in few minutes. Maybe the rooms are expensive for the standard quality of this hotel. The costumers are very gentle, and professional.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrea D
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a wooden bungalow witch was suppose to be with a/c and looked very clean and tidy. When we checked in we entered a dirty unmantained bungalow infested by moskitos, the a/c was like A big noisy fan which put out hot air into the room,and the bed was on the floor. We asked the reception if they can fix the a/c or switch us to another bungalow in which the a/c realy works,the answer we got was very thai "all same same" we had to upgrade our room and pay more for a garden bungalow and got to a room with a strong smell of sewage, so we moved to another room which was good but then we saw the shower isn't working, switched to another which was bearable only because they sprayed it with air fresher before we went in. We were stuck there for two nights because they didn't agree to cancel the other night without pay, the water at the beach are green because of a Tiedbraker The pool Has lots of broken tiels, the breakfast area was filled with flies and cats were walking under the tables of the buffe . When we checked out my girlfriend fell into the Wooden floor and almost broke her leg ( and she isnt even fat). There are plantey of better and chipper places ..

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Garden room/ bungalow was rundown, not maintained, dirty, mouldy and not properly cleaned.
Staff didn't care when we complained and the other rooms they took us to were no better (we saw 2 others - another garden bungalow & the Deluxe which was more expensive which was the worst of the 3!).

We had to ask for the staff to clean the toilet which was looked like it hadn't had a decent cleaning for ages! Then we saw the shower which was grimy, mouldy and dirty with soap scum & hair all clumped in the drainage.

We felt so uncomfortable and unhappy here that we didn't even want to stay one night & quickly checked out and went to Montien House next door (which was lovely!!!) and were so relieved after we left.

The restaurant/ dining area for the breakfast wasn't clean & the breakfast was unappealing & i didnt eat anything there but instead went to a cafe on the main road after the one night we stayed there.

My fiance had previously stayed there the year we met in samui (2009) and back then the resort seemed cleaner and better kept, although he stayed in a room in the main building then so i don't know if these are in any better condition this time around. Given the lack of cleaning/ care throughout the rooms we saw i can't imagine they would be in any better condition. I really felt like I needed to go and buy cleaning products and clean the whole room myself to consider staying there but even then i wouldn't. He was just as put off as I was and vowed never to stay again even though he'd stayed there 2 times previously

The only good thing here is the pool but that is not enough to make me ever want to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Rented a large bungalow room for 50USD. It was by the pool and with a tiny beach view. Quiet and also so close to all the action in Chaweng. I stayed 3 nights, loved it. Clean and well maintained but the resort needs some upkeep and modernizing. They have other sections, cheaper and old and newer and more expensive. They have something for everyone, included great parking. Very friendly staff. Breakfast was 200 bath, expensive for Thai standards so I did not try and the night restaurant was pricey. Fresh catch seafood but expensive and my jumbo prawns were overcooked or plain dry, hard to tell.

Room Tip: Try the lower number bungalows, they are close to the pool and the beach and the quietest. The good beach is 500 m or less from this hotel, but no biggie. The bad beach makes it quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hier een copy paste van de mail die ik naar de manager van het hotel stuurde. Trek zelf uw conclusies en overweeg of u het riskeert. Over de staat van het hotel kan u elders teruglezen, bij het zwembad waren alle tegels los en hebben verschillende mensen zich bezeerd. Ook de schimmel in het zwembad en de badkamer wou ik jullie niet onthouden...

To the manager of Chaweng Villa Beach,

We stayed a few days at your hotel in Samui until the 26th of July 2012.
I want to make you aware of theft of our belongings out of my suitcase. My iphone, ipod and Samsung Galaxy phone have been stolen by your housekeeping staff. Also 3000 bath of money was stolen out of the bungalow of our neighbours. I did not notice my belongings were missing upon arrival at Samui airport for our flight back to BKK. It could not have happened on the airport as i carry those items always in my handluggage. Our neighbours noticed some money missing during their stay but they did not get any help from people behind the reception and were almost laughed at and simply told that housekeeping does this quite often. I don't know if you think this is normal but this is not the way how to treat your guests.
I have now lost a lot of money (all together more than 30000) because your staff can't keep their hands out of peoples belongings.
You need to take the required actions to get your hotel cleaned. I on my end will also take required actions. I have filed an offical complaint with the police against the hotel and the theft which appears to be daily business in Chaweng Villa Beach. Rest asure that my review will warn people who reads comments about the hotel and will hopefully reconsider their stay.

I truly hope that you will screen your staff moving forward, i will never stay at your hotel again and together with me probably a lot more people who will read my review as I believe the truth needs to be told.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple