“instant relaxation”

Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
melbourne
“instant relaxation”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have stayed at Banana FanSea Resort three times before and have always enjoyed our stay. The staff are unbelievably helpful and friendly. They DO NOT stop smiling. We have always found the rooms clean and bright and extremely comfortable, the restaurant is amazing and if you can't find something delicious at breakfast I would be surpised. We have taken eight of our friends there over the past three years, and all of them have returned or are looking to return asap. We have travelled in Europe, USA and Indonesia as well as Australia, BUT Banana FanSea is my most favourite place for a holiday. The beach is exactly the same as a postcard, beautiful warm water and clean white sand.

Room Tip: All rooms but the ones near reception at the front are excellent.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lee555Melbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Having not been on a holiday for three years, this trip was was very much earned and looked forward to.
My girlfriend had been to Banana Fan Sea six years ago and said it was great then, and we looked at TripAdvisor and saw that it still had great reviews so booked for 7 nights.
We were not disappointed one little bit. We had the best room in the house, the beach-front villa and it was awesome!!!! Quiet, clean, secluded, air conditioned :) and a 30 step trip to the beach or pool, just absolutely fantastic.
The staff were really amazing!!! Nothing was a problem they were always offering to help, or advice on things, they couldn't do enough and were a credit to the Hotel!! Every single one of them.
The restaurant was great, buffet breakfast set us up for the day. I highly recommend the made for you on the spot omelette, brilliant!!!!
The location is fantastic, in the middle of the main shopping street and far enough wawy from the nightclubs that you aren't kept awake all night but close enough to walk to and stagger back home.
The massages under the pool area in the "cave" were great, and cheap, so had to be done every day!!!!!
I will be coming back next year!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bede H
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst on my own in order to relax in a beautiful location and resort. I was not let down. The rooms are georgeous, pool amazing and bar very nice as well. It is located about 200 a 300m south of the really lively night life area, which means you can have the best of both worlds. Having stayed in the thick of the partying area later in the week, I can also assure that the beach here is much nicer for swimming with very few rocks in the water, great sun beds and consistent service from the bar.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark L
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We spent 9 nights at Banana Fan in June/July 2012, our second (and not last!) visit to this resort. The staff are both friendly and efficient, willing to assist when ever called upon. Our rooms ( 2 x 2 adults) were ready on arrival, we had requested specific rooms, which were made available to us. While the beds are hard, we were offered 'pillow-tops' for more comfort, only the pillows are a bit large! Breakfast was good, nothing like watching the ocean with a morning cup of coffee! We eat at the resort a few night, and only have one issue, that was with the guy playing music (not sure that you could call it music though!). We were well looked after by Yot and his team, and highly recommend this resort. Next time we will saty for 2 weeks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank GeoffC5
Perth
Reviewed September 19, 2012

After checking reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided on the Banana Fan Sea Resort for our very first trip to Koh Samui. We stayed for 14 nights, and could have stayed longer, we enjoyed it so much.
The charming General Manager, Supit Choo was at the airport to meet us with 2 staff, and an air conditioned mini bus.
All the staff greeted us on arrivalat the hotel with a cold towel & cold drink, and a very warm welcome. Our checkin was speedy & efficient, and despite our early arrival, our room was ready immediately. We were very grateful for this, as we had been travelling all night.
Our bed was decorated beautifully with flowers, and aslo a welcome basket of fruit.
The rooms are a little dated, but spotlessly clean with lovely fresh white towels. It is one of the few hotels I have stayed at that service your room twice a day.
We were quite close to the fabulous Baitong restaurant, but noise was never an issue. We slept soundly every night, with the air con at a very comfortable temperature.
The Baitong restaurant is fabulous, where a sumptious breakfast is served every moring. You would be a very difficult person to satisfy, if you could find fault in the food.
We have rarely eaten at hotels at which we stay, but this was an exception! The staff, food & cocktails were fantastic, and we spent many a pleasant hour just soaking up the ambience & view from the Baitong Restaurant.
The hotel is handy to all facilities, and Pop the tour organizer at reception was always ready to help with advice & bookings.
ALL the staff at Banana Fan Sea take great pride in their work, and their guests are their first priority at all times.
It was also great to see that the sun lounges weren't "reserved" every morning, as I find this a very selfish act, present at many hotels.
We would love to return to Koh Samui, and would definitley choose Banana Fan Sea again.
Congratulations to all the staff on a job well done! You made our holiday so relaxing and carefree.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Banana Fan Sea Resort for 10 days in early September 2012. I had read some great reviews already so felt very comfortable coming to this resort. Let me first say the thing that really stands out is the service amongst other highlights. The staff went out of their way to make my friend and I feel very at home. Even the head of reservations Mr Choo-In was extremely accommodating when I had to leave the hotel early. He went out of his way to call Expedia and ensure that I was refunded for the days that I was not able to stay. I dont know any other hotel that would do this for a customer who has already pre paid! Thanks again!

The facilities of the hotel are very well kept including a great pool, plenty of deck chairs, well maintained rooms, beautiful tropical gardens and the restaurant is to die for! We ate here for breakfast most days which was great but their lunch and dinner menu takes the cake.

The location of the hotel is about a 10 minute walk into town but for someone who wants a little peace and quiet this was perfect. In addition it is located on the best beach in Chaweng which is quite isolated and very clean. The water is sublime!

The only small issues I would say if I had to would be the internet which is quite slow and the mattresses which are a little hard for my liking. However, during the slow period, I was allowed into the managers office to use his computer which was really nice of him.

Other than that, would definitely come back and certainly recommend to my friend looking to come to Samui,

If you want great value for money, peace and quiet and great service you cannot look past Banana Fan Sea!

Thank you very much for your hospitality Banana Fan Sea!

Marc

Room Tip: Get a room closer the beach as the ones that face the road are a little noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Banana Fan Sea resort is one of those places that makes you relax the minute you arrive. We arrived really early (7am) and they did their best to accommodate us and our children. we immediately were given a temporary room and they had our rooms ready by about 10:45am! We had rooms 206 & 207. Looking out onto the pool then onto the ocean. Lovely spot. Our friends had room 326 which is also a cracker of a room. This villa style hotel is not the newest of resorts, but is maintained perfectly.The gardens are lovely and ensure privacy between villas. It is in such a great spot that you can walk to the action and come back to the quiet. Perfect! Each day it had a nice cool breeze which was very good considering the heat! Its not too big so you can always find a spot at breakfast and there was always heaps of food. Speaking of food, it was the best I ate on the island. We had a romantic dinner on the beach one night, which I loved, the in-house entertainer, Edgar did his best to create the mood, he's a bit of a character. The only thing I would do differently is have dinner a little earlier than 7:30pm so we could get more of the beautiful sunset! Overall, the staff were very helpful, from the reception to the tour booking desk and housekeeping, all wanting to make sure we were happy. The wait staff are on the beach to take your drink orders - fantastic, and the massage station is set up a few steps away. I will say however, that wasn't the best massage I have ever had, wouldn't go back there again - because there is so much choice on the island, but everything else was so great, and I thank you, Supit, the GM of the Resort for creating an atmosphere that made me feel so comfortable and relaxed and had me checking to see if we could extend our stay. We will be back! They have a Facebook page you can check out!

Room Tip: Book rooms 206, 207 or 326 - they have the best view and breeze! Dinner on the beach - book for app...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family