“Fabulous ”
Review of Long Table Restaurant - MOVED

Long Table Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Anong restaurant (choengmon) it open from 1994 we have thai food, sea food, europian food,
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Really lovely tasty food! Had fried pork in sweet and sour and chilli sauce and it was fantastic! And staff are lovely too! Like most places in Thailand! Loved it!

There are newer reviews for Long Table Restaurant

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I are often guided by reviews, especially trip advisor ones. Therefore I was quite disappointed with last nights meal at The Long Table. The waiters didn't seem particularly happy to see us and the absence of a smile was quite noticeable. The food was reasonable but pretty bland. I had chicken satay to start and even the peanut sauce was very mild, the chicken tasted sort of watery as though it had been boiled before frying. My wife's crab cakes again lacked flavour. Our main courses were okay but the pork TENDERLOIN with rice that I'd ordered was so tough and chewy if had to ask for it to be changed. The owner came over and apologised and it was changed immediately (chicken instead) which was better. The roast duck my wife chose was a lot nicer but her morning-glory was very stringy and undercooked. On the whole the meal lacked refinement and we felt that it was though an apprentice had cooked it whilst the chef was away.

At the front of the restaurant they display the catch of the day which is weighed before cooking, is quite expensive and is either barbecued or deep fried. (An absolutely guaranteed way to spoil it). So it looks impressive but reads better than it lives.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went to the Long Table outlet in Choeng Mon- many times in fact. A good selection of international and local dishes, always well prepared and presented. The service is good and the staff aim to please.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We went to the long table as ever one said it was great.great if you won't to be up all night with very bad pains in your stomach .would never go back.

3  Thank Susan T
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The food was excellent, good value and relatively local, as opposed to the oft-western varieties that are now served up in Samui. It is worth the effort to find, just ask the locals (it took asking a head chef at one of the premier Italian restaurants) to know where it is, but we were happy he directed us!