This is my second time staying at Chaweng Cove Resort and unfortunately it will be my last.
The wifi has been a continuous issue since arriving, it will only stay connected for a couple of minutes at a time if that, you have to keep turning wifi off, on, off, on, resetting, putting user name and password in constantly, I've been trying to make important calls using Skype which relies on wifi and the calls disconnect after a minute or two, very very frustrating, even while I'm typing this review the wifi has again disconnected (the router is in the room so it's not a single problem).
I'm staying in a garden bungalow which is actually quite small, last time I stayed in the balcony deluxe room which was cheaper because it's further away from the beach and in a tower block but that cheaper room was much better honestly (the entire tower block is being renovated which means noisy, this was not mentioned on website).
The room has very dim lighting, so for me shaving is difficult, women putting make up on would also find it difficult, the room is average quality nothing special but not at all bad.
Breakfirst is very basic, average quality, average choices, nothing that tastes amazing, no special creations or inspired flavoursome dishes, just basic food and juices.
Staff are very friendly and polite, no problems there, no security issues, located right on the beach, fairly nice clean swimming pool and area, plenty of sun lounges, 7/11 and restaurants and shops directly outside, a bit expensive for Thailand standards though and I am checking out a week earlier on account of the issues included in this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic resort built in contemporary Thai architecture set directly on the beach front location of the vibrant Chaweng Beach, 10 minutes drive away distance from the airport within short walking distance to the nearby vibrant commercial area offering 101 cozily decorated guestrooms and classic charming bungalows for enjoyable tropical beach holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chaweng Cove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Cove Resotel Hotel Chaweng
- Cove Resotel Hotel Chaweng
- Cove Resotel Chaweng
- Chaweng Cove Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand