As a traveller with many years of experience in Thailand and a return visitor to Koh Samui I was very dissapointed with the front line staff at this hotel. We had booked on line several weeks before after deciding to stay at the quiet end of the beach and this was the first visit to the Chaweng Cove hotel.
There was some confusion with what the booking agency had paid the hotel and was probably a genuine mistake but poor communication to all parties. That happens, but the attitude of the reception staff was very unprofessional and uncaring. it seemed that they were in competition with each other to see who could be the rudest. Had money not changed hands we would have moved elsewhere.
I first visited Thailand in 1971 and have enjoined countless hoildays and business trips since, but this was the worst example of Reception staff I have experienced.
A member of the pool bar staff also let the side down when he asked if he could keep the change from the bill!
The housekeeping staff were however a credit and the other members could perhaps learn from them.
The hotel itself is OK. The basic rooms at the front overlook the service road and can be a bit noisey at night but they are clean and of a good standard. The bathrooms especially stood out with great showers.
The pool and beach rooms looked very good and the three pools and sun areas good for relaxing. The beach area is a bit small but it was not busy at the time of our visit.
Nothing special in the food department but just outside there are several very good value eating places.
Chaweng Cove management: please remind your staff that one reason why so many people return to Thailand is because of the friendliness of the people there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic resort built in contemporary Thai architecture set directly on the beach front location of the vibrant Chaweng Beach, 10 minutes drive away distance from the airport within short walking distance to the nearby vibrant commercial area offering 101 cozily decorated guestrooms and classic charming bungalows for enjoyable tropical beach holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chaweng Cove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Cove Resotel Hotel Chaweng
- Cove Resotel Hotel Chaweng
- Cove Resotel Chaweng
- Chaweng Cove Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand