“Excellent and energetic day on the mountains of Samui”
Review of Samui Trekking

Samui Trekking
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Chaweng
More attraction details
Owner description: hiking and trekking in Koh Samui
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend, mother and I were keen to spend some time on Samui's mountains, both to get away from the busy parts of the island and to get ourselves some exercise! We found out about Samui trekking right here on Trip Advisor and were keen to try this based on the good reviews.

All we can say is that this trek far exceeded our expectations. The walk was beautiful and strenuous enough to get our heart rates up and wake up our muscles. We got to see a very different side of the island, a peaceful side with fruit trees galore, beautiful views and almost no people.

The best part of the trek was our guide, Laurance, who went to extreme lengths to make the walk as interesting as possible. Bringing along an endless supply of delicious fruit samples, telling us plenty about all the different plants around us, taking photos and videos of us and generally just making us feel comfortable with her warm and friendly nature, Laurance made this an unforgettable experience.

We'd highly recommend these treks as a great way to see the island and get some exercise!

4  Thank Talikinns

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

מומלץ בחום לישראלים מביניכם שמחפשים יום בטבע ומפלט מההמולה במרכזי התיירים בסאמוי.
I went with a friend on a day trip with Laurence. We did the Mountain Orchard trek. The trek itself was somewhat demanding, but definitely not too strenuous for young people. The views were fine, we saw a large variety of flora, of which Laurence seemed quite knowledgeable, saw locals working in the orchards. Laurence was very nice and we ended up having a very nice day.
A unique way of experiencing Samui, which usually involves shopping, clubbing and relaxing on beaches.
Highly recommended for nature lovers.
Thank you!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We did a short trekking with my wife and Samui Trekking. And the overall feeling is friendiyness and discovery. I am not found of walking and i just go and see but i was really happy of that walk. The guide is very friendly, guides you through difficult to find places showing you some amazing natural herbal life.
I hope we could do it again next time we go to Samui.
Keep going like that.
Regards

1  Thank WillTrip07
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I are into our walking and as we saw a lot of tours around, this one looked as though we could see the real parts of Koh Samui and not the tourist traps.
Our Guide, Laurence, was absolutely fantastic. On her website, she shows a number of different treks with suitability levels and variety so that you can chose the right walk for you.
We did 2 treks with the knowledgeable Laurence and her Thai friend Ghita (sorry if I have spelt your name wrong!)
on the beach walk and the Orchard walk.
Both of these walks were fantastic as the scenery was beautiful and we were shown the different plants and fruits of the area and how you could use them in medicine and in every day recipes!
Laurence always carried around a bag of Thai fruits in her backpack which was great for the extra energy and we were always catered for drinks at the end of the walk.

So basically, if you'd like to see the real Samui then join Laurence for a walk and you will not be disappointed!

2  Thank Sophie M