Tripadvisor
Chaweng
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews minute walk great restaurant downstairs spacious clean rooms budget hotel wifi connection decent place to stay nice stay two bottles of water enjoyed my stay chaweng beach bed room big room staying nights four nights i highly recommend this hotel koh samui quiet at night
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2020

I have traveled extensively and I can honestly say I have never experienced better value for money than I just have at Lotus Friendly Hotel, Koh Samui. The hotel is located literally right across the street from the quieter end of the amazing Chaweng beach - and it is only a ten minute walk right to the center of all the action and shopping etc. . There is a 7/11 next door - and a great restaurant downstairs! Amazing convenience. The room, even if at double the price would represent great value. They are big and spacious with great storage space and a big fridge. Huge comfortable bed. Great air-con. You can have your room cleaned every day included in the price. The staff/management/owners are all top quality - so helpful and keen to assist you to make the most of your time there. Internet: Truly WORLD CLASS - I was getting 70 mbps down and 60 mbps up! Lightning fast! Overall: Honestly - 10/10! I have never said that before...

Room tip: Superior Single Room
Date of stay: January 2020
LotusFriendlyHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Lotus Friendly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Steve;
Greetings from Lotus Friendly Hotel - Koh Samui;

We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel.

You are always welcome & hope to see you again on your next visit to Koh Samui.

Till then take care of yourself :)

Reviewed December 9, 2019 via mobile

I had the pleasure of booking this hotel when I stayed at Chaweng Beach on Ko Samui. It was more or less by luck I ended upoking two nights at this comfortable place. Truth is I ended up extending my stay based on location, wifi speed, cleanliness of rooms and the very friendly/serviceminded people working there

I was checked in by a really nice guy called Kuhn(dont know if I write name correctly.) He was informative and he has, in my opinion, got a real sense of how to give good service.

Entering the room i got, A301, it was obviously spotless clean. Long time since my UV-light didnt spot anything on bathroom. Well done! My thanks the cleaning personell that kept the high cleaning standard with room getting cleaned every day.

I often regard challenges that surface under a stay says alot if the staff. I unluckily forgot some food on top of my refrigerator. The ants found it, and during night they was having a small feast. The moment I asked for assistance to get rid of them I got the problem solved. The cleaners had all ready sprayed and cleaned when I was back at room.
Fast response, no pointing fingers and solution oriented is keywords here. Again, very well done.
Super god innsats gutta.

As mentioned I extended my stay. Two main reasons are an amazing speed on wifi and the serviceminded personel. Also had the pleasure tuo meet more of the hotel workers.

I read a review one staying here that gave Just one circle om each temsrr Without any evidence they accuse the staff for stealing. I have let money lay open and easy. They Lie there still..

Klem

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
LotusFriendlyHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Lotus Friendly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2019

Reviewed December 1, 2019

This was my second time staying at this hotel, the staff are very polite and helpful, gave me good tips and helped me to book my flight to BKK. The hotel is in a very good location! There is a 7/11 at the entrance. The beach is just a 1-minute walk. The fastest WiFi I've ever come across to. 5-g Madness in all areas. I highly recommend this hotel l to everyone. Thanks and see you next time :)

Trip type: Traveled solo
LotusFriendlyHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Lotus Friendly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2019

Reviewed November 30, 2019

We stayed there for 3 night, we leave the hostel yesterday and we realized the people there stole money from us 500 aud (10.000 thb). So dissapointing and unprofessional coming from an hostel that is supposed to care about the costumers. Once I called the hotel to tell them what had happened (without expecting the money back) the manager just yelled at me saying it was all my fault. I trusted the place that I was staying and the least that I expect from an hotel after this, is the manager to understand the situation and be aware of the kind of people that is working in there. As he told me 'EVERYONE IN THAILAND ROB MONEY' I'm starting to believe it.

Date of stay: November 2019
LotusFriendlyHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Lotus Friendly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2019

Greetings from Lotus Friendly Hotel - Koh Samui;

First of all, we do not accept any of your and your boyfriend's accusations!!!

We tried to be polite on the phone and tried to explain to you that you can check all the reviews to see that nothing gets stolen here and as proof of that we can send you the pics of the forgotten goods in the room which we are still holding on. But you kept saying that your money was stolen in this hotel like a broken record and not listening to any word we say to you!!! You kept saying that you are so sure of it as if you saw that happened!!!

We never said that it was your fault so please don't lie here!!! We said how could you be so sure of it and why didn't you say anything on your check-out?!!!

We also never said that "everyone in Thailand rob money"!!! Your English is not so good and maybe you misunderstood but what we said is "Were you careful on the bus ride?". Hence we hear that people get robbed on bus rides in Thailand!!

You checked-out from the hotel yesterday and took a bus ride to some other part of Thailand and you notice 1 day after that your money is missing and you blame us for this?! How can you be so sure that this incident happened in this hotel?!! Shame on you !!

We've asked you on the phone that why didn't you say something about your missing money on your check-out; and you said that you just realized it!! 1 day after in some other part of the country!!!

Somehow you are so sure that this incident happened here, in this hotel but not anywhere else( On the bus or else )!! Shame on you !!!!

We have around 2000 reviews on many websites which you can easily check! You would see that in none of them there is something about stolen money or goods!! And it will never be!!

In our reception, we have a box of forgotten goods of the guests and we are still keeping them till they will be picked up!!

Whenever our staff finds something in the room they bring it right away to the reception!!

You are a terrible person who could easily blame the good reputation of the people for your own mistakes and for the things you are not sure of !!!!

Again Shame on you !!!!

If you would ever back to Koh Samui please let us know so that our lawyers can sue you for blaming us for something we did not do!!!!!

Lotus Friendly Hotel Management

Reviewed November 28, 2019

Very Very good hotel..we spend 10 days in this hotel and its was awesome..the owner is
a friendly person,he help us what ever we need,cleaning room every day..if we came back someday it will be there..

Trip type: Traveled with friends
LotusFriendlyHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Lotus Friendly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2019