“Best in Thailand , food and value, wine and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Larder

The Larder
Ranked #14 of 182 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: No fuss. No fancy terms. No pretension. The Larder takes things back to basics, serving up rustic casual dining and cocktails with a twist. Offering up modern British and International cuisine with a mix of comfort food and classics that have been revived, remixed and reinvigorated by merging modern cooking methods and techniques alongside cocktails that have been deconstructed into new liquid magic.
“Best in Thailand , food and value, wine and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

So I'm a foodie and enjoy food. Experience , wine and overall value. I have been in Chewang 6 days and been here 3 times. The food is tasty, delicious and quality.....something you recognise in Thailand. We also had a dinner Tree tops which was amazing as a one off experience,but expensive but I would highly recommend The Larder. For kiwis it's like Depot but maybe just better value.
The staff and fantastic, good wine list and decided to have our last meal here as a good send off.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Better than The Library”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We decided during our time in Thailand we would stick to only local food, however on arrival in Samui the draw of top end places to eat was too much and so we decided to make a trip to The Larder. From the point of booking the table the service was faultless. The chef emailed me straight back confirming my derivation and was waiting in the restaurant to welcome guests in arrival. A very good start, a great space and a lovely cool oasis from the heat outside, although you could sit outside if you wanted.
The guys there practise their motto, it really wasn't at all pretentious, staff were friendly and very helpful. We started with a beer and a gorgeous Margarita- and they did it right, a proper glass with just the right amount of salt, the best one I've had in years! Then the menu came and it was hard to make a decision as what to have as there were so many beautiful choices! I began with the Taco Belle, which was Tuna tartare and it was delightful, as was the presentation. My partner had the Salmon Gravlax which I tried too and it was fab. For main course I had scallops and prawns- I savoured every mouthful they were absolutely tremendous, and again the presentation was a piece of art. My partner had the Wagyu beef which again surpassed all expectations. Throughout the meal the atmosphere was great and our drinks were topped up as required. I even had room for dessert- not due to small portions but just because I couldn't resist the chocolate soufflé- it didn't disappoint- simply divine. We also had a Bloody Mary which has got to be seen to be believed- even the people on the next table couldn't stop looking at it!
This guy has really got it right , I would describe ourselves as real food lovers who cook a lot at home and who are spoiled by some lovely places to eat in our surrounding area so it takes something special to get us as excited as this did.
Prior to visiting we were torn whether to go here or he nearby restaurant, The Library. We went to The Library later on the week and wee disappointed - they could learn a lot from The Larder.

Perfect!

St Ives, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!! Highly recommended!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Everything we had tonight was fantastically cooked and delicious! We had 3 courses plus cocktails, including one of the nicest steaks ive ever had! I hope to visit again before we leave koh samui!

If i wasn't on my honeymoon, i would probably kidnap the chef and force him to marry me! :-D seriously though, prices are good value for money as quality is high.

Good luck to the team at the larder - it is obvious a lot of time and effort has gone into every aspect of the restaraunt and its menus. Now they just need to move a bit closer to Cornwall please?!

Hong Kong, China
“Really Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

By way of a change from excellent local food had the good fortune to secure a reservation at this popular, locally renowned restaurant, with seats inside (seats outside are roadside and could be hot).

Whilst going over the menu - which is well written and very witty - we had cocktails which were excellent. We then started with the goats cheese and lamb ribs both of which were incredibly tasty. If I go again - and I hope to - I would contemplate eating them both again, alone!

After much changing of minds we both opted for the steak accompanied with duck fat fries, and, WOW it was excellent!

It is clear the best ingredients possible are used and each dish meticulously prepared and served.

No much more to say other than really good!

1 Thank Adepto
Los Angeles, California
“Best spot on the island. Period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

One of the gambles of being a food lover is I like to let the chef take over. Sometimes it pays off, many times it's hit or miss. But the Larder? It was hit after hit after hit. The meal itself was 5 stars from beginning to end. The service 5 stars. The wines they served with the different courses, yup 5 stars. But then the 2 owners came out and we spent a couple hours knocking back some killer scotch with them. I mean, what more can you ask for in a meal? Bravo, fellas. And thank you for a lifelong memory.