“Fantastic food with really nice atmosphere!”
Review of The Larder

The Larder
Ranked #20 of 204 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No fuss. No fancy terms. No pretension. The Larder takes things back to basics, serving up rustic casual dining and cocktails with a twist. Offering up a mix of comfort food and classics that have been revived, remixed and reinvigorated alongside cocktails that have been deconstructed into new liquid magic.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We enjoyed a three course meal last night at 'The Larder'. We arrived quite early and were the only customers for a good half hour. The cocktails we ordered were some the of the best we have experiences on the island. I ordered a Mint Julep and it was provided in a glass jar with a sprig of mint sticking out of the top. The crab dumplings were divine. Whilst i thoroughly enjoyed the Big Bass (Bamboo covered fish with massman curry spice on top). my wife said the Bandito vego option (beans in a hot plate with nachos, was ok. However, the desert was lovely. I would recommend the soufflé. Both deserts came out with edible chocolate name cards that were delicious. They have a great variety of drinks and cheeses available. If more time permitted, I would be back there in a heartbeat. They also had really nice cruisy jazz music as background music. Well worth the $.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were staying across the road so it was refreshing to fine a nice clean restaurant just outside the resort.
The service was a little snarly (we felt) snarly enough to mention anyway but I would return even if she was the same. (may have been me)
A patron at a nearby table was a chain smoker which is not the restaurants fault in Thailand (in Australia this is not allowed so I'm not use to it)
The menu was comprehensive so everyones tastes were taken care of.
Wine list is also reasonable.
Overall the food was good to very good and the value very good.
Worth going to if your close by.
Enjoy!
GS

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Though not cheap, we still rate this as the best meal we had in Samui. The food was beautifully prepared and tasted fabulous. I can't fault the service or staff and fully recommend anybody that wants a relaxing evening in a lovely restaurant to visit The Larder. I had the pate to start, which was nicely rich and tasty, followed by prawn and scallops, the shellfish were seared to perfection and tasted very fresh. My partner had the soup, followed by pork, both of which she thoroughly enjoyed. We wish the restaurant every success and look forward to another visit soon. Tony & Na

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Best food in Thailand so far. Great looking place, good happy smiling service, not a singlefault. We had the bean burrito main as an entree, wagyu beef for main followed by Apple crumble for desert. All dishes were faultless. 6 drinks 3 mains 2 deserts for $125AUD very good value for moneywort the quality of the food. Girlfriend already wants to go back tomorrow night. I would recommended to anyone.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Recommended by hotel manager . Especially TOLD TO TRY the house special DUCK CONFIT.
when the dish places I front of me it was a over cook shrivelled leg of duck. Look from the top it is inch by two the smallest or most over cook duck leg I ever encountered.
Entree-Duck liver pate was good
Dessert -chocolate soufflé I think the chocolate had been over Cook a little hence a little on the dry side.
Over all the Duck confit is most disappointing as it was recommended and the restaurant regards as a house special.
Alex Tseng