“Amazing food & service”

The Larder
Ranked #20 of 206 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No fuss. No fancy terms. No pretension. The Larder takes things back to basics, serving up rustic casual dining and cocktails with a twist. Offering up a mix of comfort food and classics that have been revived, remixed and reinvigorated alongside cocktails that have been deconstructed into new liquid magic.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I went there for dinner in September 2013, I had the lamb dish and my wife had the sea bass. The food there is amazing service is fast and cheering. Elegant decorations for both the restaurant itself and the dishes

Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I had booked The Larder before leaving home and stated it was a birthday celebration dinner for my husband. No great atmosphere service was ok but expecting a little better for all the hype. First disappointment no tacos left as offered on the specials board so opted to go straight to mains which were very nice, we then ordered sweets, I felt my chocolate soufflé was a little under cooked and not much of a soufflé, my husband ordered his favourite apple crumble but said the crumble was overly sweet and not really baked on top very well. Somewhat disappointed having read lots of the reviews, underwhelmed.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is our second visit to Koh Samui, and on our return we organised our first restaurant booking here.
We enjoyed it so much our last visit, we were almost scared it wouldn't be as good and we would be disappointed.
And it was as good as the last time - I can recommend if you don't go anywhere else for dinner in Koh Samui - make sure you go here.
The quality of produce they use is fantastic, and execution is excellent.
We went there 5 or 6 times over our 2 week stay and each time our meals were delicious.
The cocktails are obviously a hit with everyone and we happily made our way through the list.
I must say, am amazed when I read bad reviews. Is it cheap - no; is it in a scenic location no; are there a gazillion staff constantly asking you every 5 seconds if you liked something - no.
But what you do get is quality modern European food that would shine in any major city, a very smart restaurant fit-out, and professionals running the floor and the kitchen who know their stuff.
We will be back.
The service driven by Damien is professional and

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Larder offers an above average dining experience with beautifully creative food in a beautifully designed, modern space.
We started with the tuna tartare tacos and the salmon gravelox. The tacos were so good that my partner ordered a second serve and is now on a quest to make them himself. Then we shared a delightful main: the scallop risotto. The three scallops were huge and succulent and the lemon and dill risotto was incredibly flavoursome and decadent.
The staff at The Larder were warm and attentive. This is a must visit restaurant in Cheweng.

1  Thank Thaitimes
Reviewed September 26, 2013

High quality chef restaurant. The menu is not large but you will find there delicious food. Pleasantly surprised.
I must say the service is pleasant and efficient. All done with a smile. Do not think twice just run to eat there.
The price is not cheap but incredibly worth.