“Gormet Delight”

The Larder
Ranked #14 of 189 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No fuss. No fancy terms. No pretension. The Larder takes things back to basics, serving up rustic casual dining and cocktails with a twist. Offering up modern British and International cuisine with a mix of comfort food and classics that have been revived, remixed and reinvigorated by merging modern cooking methods and techniques alongside cocktails that have been deconstructed into new liquid magic.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

No one at our upscale hotel on the Chaweng Beach had heard of The Larder just 6 months old but Trip Advisor reviews inticed us there. Certainly one of the best in the world of my 64 country travels. A dozen tables inside, not open to the ocean like most of the best restaurants around here, across the road from the famous vasty overrated Trip Tops; the air conditioning is a god send in 90 plus degree heat.

Ambiance in the restaurant was pleasing - open but quiet (dispite soft but awful - to my taste - music) room with modern decore. with the bar and bartender elevated at the inside end of the room by thekitchen. With competent but unobstrustive service (contrasting with Tree Tops "show" servers). The one May critical one star critical Trip Advisor review was completely off base - nothing he said was true. House wine was excellent and modestly priced. The food was suberb. Each of our 4 said it was the best of our 10 nights in Ko Sumui. Pork shank, lobster, goot cheese appitizer, fruit cobler desert. All; of it melts in your mouth. Suberb! Suberb! Cost for 4 with 2 drinks and 3 courses was $US $330. We had been paying an average of $300 at other high scale restaurants.

There are newer reviews for The Larder

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I Visited The Larder for a friends birthday and I was amazed. i love great food and It is definately the best meal I have had in many years and would recommend it to any of my clients visiting Koh Samui. The staff were great, and always smiling. I really don't know what more I can say but Thanks for a great time and I will be back for sure...

Reviewed June 14, 2013

A big thanks to owners Martin and Damian and there staff for a great meal. Martin was very attentive to our needs as we have 4 young kids and cooked the kids orders as carefully as he would adults. The food all round was amazing and we will certainly be back again on our next visit!
Make sure you make a reservation to avoid missing this place!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I visited the larder to try their signature larder burger. It was delicious! So I returned another day to get it again and it was a let down. It was like a different dish. Half a potion of parsnips compared to the first visit, totally different chips, and a different mayonnaise. Also the bun was really toasted on the second visit, where it was not the first. No real consistency. What I will say it has beautiful interior and the staff are very friendly

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just happened to stop by The Larder as i was staying nearby at Nora samui, and what a find this was. to start with i had the Shellout ( king scalllops with celeriac and rubarb) and it was amazing the scallops and the rubarb went perfectly together. for my main i had The wagyu beef steak and this was equlally delicious. melt in your mouth beef with a lovely light salad of rocket, micro celery, stilton cheese and quince complimented the beef ( which was cooked to a perfect medium rare) amazingly. and for dessert i decided on The Chocolate Souffle ( or the fluffer as it was named), which was sublime, alot of restaurants i have visited can never get this one right but the larder has it spot on! the souffle had risen perfectly and was served with a salted caramel ice cream which went really well.
The cocktails on the menu were also very nice, i tried two of them, one was called passionista which was rum vodka and passion fruit with fresh mint if i remeber correctly and the second was the old fashioned swine, a bacon infuseb bourbon based cocktail.

Overall The larder has got it down to the T. Nowhere else like this place! Even compared to the likes of Marcus wareing's restaurant at the Berkeley.

5 stars is really not enough for this place :)