“Contemporary and chic food- you won't be disappointed!”
Review of The Larder

The Larder
Ranked #15 of 189 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No fuss. No fancy terms. No pretension. The Larder takes things back to basics, serving up rustic casual dining and cocktails with a twist. Offering up modern British and International cuisine with a mix of comfort food and classics that have been revived, remixed and reinvigorated by merging modern cooking methods and techniques alongside cocktails that have been deconstructed into new liquid magic.
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This place was indeed a pleasant surprise. It does not have the spectacular views but was beautifully air conditioned inside and an escape from the Samui heat.

We relaxed quickly with our drinks ordered and delivered promptly.

The service was exceptional the Manager could not do enough to please and the staff were polite and charming.
We started with the Duck, (which was on the main)as an entree and shared between 2 it was exceptional.

We ordered the lobster and risotto as main dishes and again we were not disappointed. The lobster was absolutely the best we have had in Samui so far. Finally a restaraunt in Sumui that gets how to cook and compliment Lobster. The Risotto was also sublime (on special board) with the scallops cooked to perfection.

We decided to try the desert and had the fluffer no need to explain any further,only experience will do this justice.

All in all we had a great evening very relaxing with great food and service. We recommend you book and ask to sit inside as the air conditioning was a welcome relief to the Samui heat and added to the ambience.

For what we ordered we felt as though this Restaraunt was excellent value for money based on the quality and fine dining experience, we had equivallent to 3 courses including main Lobster and 6 alcoholic drinks in total for around $150 AUD (4400 THB).

We hope you enjoy it as much as we did. T&S

1  Thank Tails71
There are newer reviews for The Larder

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had a beautiful meal here, though it was hard to find. There are no street numbers and the taxi driver wasn't aware of this restaurant as it was relatively new. It is across from Tree Tops. The meal was superb as was the service and the ambience. It is a very modern restaurant with lots of timber and glass. A must if you want fine dining at it's best. The owners were very friendly and making themselves known which is a nice gesture. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank pinkturquoise
Reviewed April 29, 2013

As the restaurant was reasonably new the taxi had trouble finding it. The meal was incredible and didn't t have to wait long at all.

1  Thank Loca1811
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Given the fantastic reviews my wife and I were really looking forward to a special night out here but unfortunately we left feeling it was an opportunity wasted. The restaurant is intimate and modern with great air-conditioning and the staff helpful and attentive. While we studied the menu I ordered a Singha and my wife ordered the Tom Yum Siam cocktail which could only be described as exceptional and one of the best cocktails either of us had tried! The evening was getting off to a great start.

We ordered Dick Fuzz, a duck breast and liver pate, as a starter to share and my wife ordered the seared king scallops served on Puy lentils, celeriac and Rhubarb as her main. I decided on the Wagyu beef rump but unfortunately it was off the menu, so after a bit more deliberation I decided to order one of the specials, Chilli Con Carne served with sour cream and bitter chocolate.

The Duck Fuzz was very good, creamy with with a Foie Gras de Canard flavour. My wife's seared king scallops were cooked perfectly, but the accompanying Puy lentil, celeriac and rhubarb seemed a little bit out of balance with the dish. There is only one word to describe the Chilli con Carne, awful! Basically it was a sloppy, very salty dish, made with what appeared to be poor quality mince and had no redeeming features. As for the accompanying sour cream I could see no evidence of it or the bitter chocolate.

To be fair, when we complained one of the owners came out to apologise, offered to replace the dish with one of the other mains or remove it from the account. Unfortunately he then went on to stress that it was one of their most popular dishes, which I took to imply that in his view I was just being difficult having ordered a dish that subsequently I found I didn't like. I love Chilli con Carne it was just that this one was very poorly executed, I decided not to order a replacement dish, paid our bill and we left disappointed.

1  Thank Chris1950822
Reviewed April 26, 2013

we had a late lunch here and both the service and food was excellent . the waiter was sure of the menu and was confident to make recommendations .

we met one of the owners , he made us some great cocktails , the tom yum martini was the best drink , a must try !!

certainly a must try when on the island