“Very good meal”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and I had a very good meal at beef paradise. Service was good. Food was good. Good atmosphere and exceptionally good value for money.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have just returned from Beef Paradise and still feel shaken after the, quite frankly, threatening experience I have just had.

We chose the restaurant based on the excellent looking meat, fish and seafood on the BBQ outside. We ordered salmon and spit roast pork. The meal arrived punctually after 20 minutes, however this was not spit roast pork as I was given the impression of by the display of a large pig, on a spit roast, over a BBQ outside the restaurant. The pork dish consisted of 2 slices of thin pork which had been BBQ'ed. This can no way be considered spit roast pork! I was prepared to accept this as it may have been miscommunication due to the language barrier. The pork was undercooked. This was sent back for further cooking. It returned still undercooked. The salmon dish was undercooked, at which point I requested the manager who apologised and returned sometime later having cooked the salmon for longer, but still had patches of raw fish.

After requesting the bill as quickly as possible, it arrived with a 10% service charge plus 3% card use charge (not advertised, they display a sign at entry stating Visa is accepted). After requesting the service charge be removed (but would pay for everything ordered, plus the 3% card charge) as we had not enjoyed the meal, nor the service, this was refused by the manageress who went to get her 'boss'. This man arrived, slammed down the bill on the table and said we could pay the bill in full (including service charge) or that he would discuss it in his office in a very threatening manner. It was clear he was not open to feedback. Naturally this offer was refused. By this time the situation had gathered some attention of the other diners, he then slammed his fist down on the worktop of the bar and shouted this was not acceptable in Thailand. At this point I was frightened, I paid the full bill as quickly as possible and left as fast as we could with the whole restaurant staring.

5  Thank Leanne C
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Came here with my new wife as place had lots of customers, got a good seat upstairs near the road with view however first thing we noticed was how hot it was. All the heat from the BBQ below was coming straight up, fans didn't help. Oh well no matter, it won't stop me enjoying food. Well... the food was nice, I'll give them some credit, however it took over an hour from ordering for any to arrive. when it did it was quite small and i was left hungry.i guess the wait would be OK if they had some nice music or something but all there was was the sound of the Muay Thai boxing trucks going past. Overall a bit of a let down and poor second worst dining experience so far.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had a little walk after I've had dinner at Zico and discovered that they have this suckling ( spit ) pig & I went back so excited to try it last week but I was served an old meat and not the same one that I've saw! I have called the waitress to tell here that I couldn't eat that since it was burned and the skin was so hard!!!! I have told her that it wasn't supposed like that because I know spit pig so well! The waitress said she was sorry and that was it! The lady manager seemed to be a headless chicken & she didn't even come to ask our table if everything was alright! I was aware that the waitress had already told her my issue and just did not care since I'm just another tourist victim for them and all they care is the money! My bf have ordered kebab and the same story, it was hard as tire! The salad has no dressing and this restaurant was a nightmare, the worst ever! My night was totally ruined! Ive decided to take away the food for the dogs, at least they would enjoy it. When I have asked for the bill I was surprised that you have to pay 10% service charge which they should put it on the menu so costumers are aware! Rip off! I don't mind giving tips if I was satisfied over all. I just didn't say anything since I was already pissed off, I just wanted to leave! I'm not coming back to this horrible restaurant again! Such a shame!

2  Thank Botch27
Cicine M, Manager at Beef Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant, For the dressing, I am sorry, the kitchen might have forgotten, it happens but you just had to ask and problem solved in 1 min. I am quite surprise, being the headless chicken, I was not aware that you had such an issue with your meat, otherwise I would have come to see your table.. Whenever there is a problem, a question, I go talk to the customers and I make sure everything is ok, coming to my waitress, she didn't report to me your problem, or the way you mentioned it, it might be a language issue, since we are in Thailand, I am sure you are aware. Anyway, I am sorry you had a bad time and that we ruin your holidays, it was surely not our intention.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

There is a pig on the spit as you walk in. I had the ribs and they were cooled to perfection. My partner had the pork strips which were also tastey.

Service is good and restaurant was busy - which is always a good sign.

1  Thank Schmidhauser