“Charming, fun and genuine”

On Street Bar samui
Ranked #1 of 8 Nightlife in Chaweng
More attraction details
Owner description: On street bar Inspirational street bar with daily changing art and decoration. Perfect to meet people, have a drink and chill out after a long lazy day at the beach or to start your night out!!! We open 7:00 pm - midnight
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 303 helpful votes
“Charming, fun and genuine”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We walked past this bar on our first evening in Chaweng and thought it looked interesting enough to give it a go. The owner More made us feel like old friends. He does a limited range of cocktails and does them very well. He is charming and friendly and this unique bar is an expression of his personality.

We returned three times during our short stay. I hope the owners of the new hotel that sits behind his bar continue to allow him to operate there after they've opened because their guests will love it. Probably the nicest, coolest bar in Chaweng.

2 Thank Richard G

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seoul, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“what a nice bar! such a nice friend in Samui!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

It was really nice to meet on street bar in koh samui!!
I spent time in this bar just like visit friends in island.
feel free, drink on street, I can be friend all of guest in the bar.
thanks mow and bow. miss you guys!

I strongly recommand this bar to my friend who will visit koh samui and I will visit again!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank GeePark
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bringing back old school Thailand”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Walking through Samui you can't help but notice how Westen it has become. That is not the case with this crazy cool bar. I am so happy I saw 'On Street Bar' with enough time to go twice. It is a brilliant little bar with such a laid back atmosphere I didn't think I would find on my trip. Staff are friendly and we absolutely loved it. I went with my partner, brother and mother once and just my partner the second time. Both nights ended up being equally unforgettable thanks to OSB. Just perfect. Thank you guys!

Visited November 2012
4 Thank MalButters
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“a little gem”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Loved this place. Stumbled across it when looking for another bar, and so glad I did. It's peaceful, different and way more friendly than anywhere else in Chaweng. The drinks are cheaper too and come served with a bag of peanuts and a genuine smile. If you cant completely ween yourself off of the bigger more expensive bars in Chaweng north entirely then make sure you start your night here.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank tombugs
Perth
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Bar, Great Cocktails & Great People”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We finally found On Street bar near the end of our honeymoon. We loved it so much that we went there our final 3 nights. We love the art, the chilled atmosphere, the odd and artistic furniture, the awesome cocktails but most of all the people we met, especially the owners, More & Jhim. Such friendly, warm hearted, fun and happy people that truly became our friends. They want every one of their guests to relax, be happy and feel at home, which is exactly how it is.
They make the best cocktails we have ever had and they are so cheap. The entertainment was awesome as well including a young and talented beatboxer.
My wife and I had a cartoon of us drawn by More and it was the best souvenir we could've asked for.
Can't wait to come back! I will definitely recommend this to anyone going to Koh Samui.

Thanks More and Jhim!