Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Muang Samui Spa Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$235
$209
  • Breakfast included
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$145
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$121
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$104
$63
Trip.com
  • Pool
The Library(Chaweng)
$335
$296
Agoda.com
Baan Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$77
$66
  • Pool
Sareeraya Villas & Suites(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$263
$218
Agoda.com
Samui Resotel Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$96
$65
Agoda.com
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$238
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$99
$97
OZOHotels.com
All reviewsgrand pool suiteprivate poolpersonal butlerfresh oystersbanyan treethai restaurantbutler servicekoh samuioutdoor bathtubconcierge teamspg platinumfour seasonsocean viewopen bathroomturn down serviceour honeymoonfront office manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is my first TripAdvisor post because I have never felt compelled previously to write anything. 2 days ago I checked into the Vana Belle resort. After checking in to the hotel and settling into my room, I went down to the beach for 45 minutes. I left my money clip with 11,000 bhat on my bed along with my phone and passport (I didn't think to put these things in the safe because this such a high star resort and I would only be out of the room for an hour). My friend also left his money clip out. After a quick shower, I grabbed my money clip and wallet and headed into town for dinner. At dinner I noticed that my money clip now only had 6,000 bhat. I had 5,000 bhat missing. I was shocked. My friend checked his money. He had 3,500 bhat missing. We both knew the only time we weren't in possession of our money was when we went down to the beach for those 45 minutes.

Distraught, we set up a meeting with the hotel the next morning to explain what happened to us. They assured us that they would investigate the incident and would be able to tell if anyone used a key card to enter the room. After their investigation, it revealed that their employee keyed into my room and stayed for 7 minutes. Turn down service had already happened - so, I have no idea why this person came in. Nor, why they stayed for 7 minutes other than to take money from both of us. The hotel didn't have an answer other than they asked the employee who obviously denied taking any money. Vana Belle refused to compensate me in anyway. I canceled the rest of my stay there and moved properties. I also wasted a day of my vacation filing a police report at the Thai police station. I would never recommend staying here to anyone. I am shocked this happened to me and even more saddened by the hotel's response.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
13  Thank latraveler123831
GMVanaBelle, General Manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear latraveler123831

Thank you for your review and for recently staying with us at Vana Belle, a Luxury Collection Resort.

We are extremely shocked and disappointed by your comments, in that since our opening we have never experienced nor have we had any report of such an instance taking place prior. The safety and security of our guests we take very seriously.

Following the police investigation, they have not found any evidence toward wrongdoing or suspicion against any member of our team. We do regret that you have left with a bad impression of our resort and we have been in contact with you offline to correct this impression.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Pluses:
Clean, beautiful sandy beach with bathtub warm, shallow zero entry waterline, set on scenic cove overlooked by hills
Unobtrusive security keeps peddlers off the beach
Large beachside infinity pool surrounded by comfy chairs and umbrellas, with solicitous service
To die for views from main restaurant, lobby, and many rooms
Breakfast buffet lavish and high quality even by Asian standards (best in world), with fresh exotic tropical fruits (and jams), fresh oysters, proseco, made to order dishes including wagyu beef (yes, for breakfast!), outstanding pastries and donuts
Brand new rooms, most with private infinity plunge pool
Incredibly solicitous service, from curbside confront desk to concierge. Example: I walked by the concierge and saw they were busy, so kept going without identifying myself. Ten minutes later she called my room and asked if I needed anything! And when my daughter was locked out of the room and went to the front desk to ask for a key, she didn't have to identify herself-- they immediately knew which room she was in.
Top tier 24 hour large fitness facility and spa.
Located well, between Chaweng and Lamai but with a very clean and open beach.

Minuses:

Staff doesn't speak English very well, with exceptions such as Asim and Wan at the front desk, though all try hard to please
Bathroom open to sleeping area in the deluxe and standard rooms, so the frosted window toilet and shower stalls open directly to the rest of the room. If you are in mixed company you cannot emerge from the shower without being draped.
First floor rooms and Tropical Villas may have more mosquito issues (particularly of concern given current outbreak of dengue fever) due to lush vegetation throughout the beautiful grounds.

Room Tip: First floor and tropical villas may have mosquito issues due to lush vegetation, though I don't know that from firsthand observation If a Starwood Gold member, you might be able to be upgraded to an ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Woci
GMVanaBelle, General Manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Woci

We appreciate your excellent comments about our location and setting, which is truly superb, one of the best beach fronts on Koh Samui. We are also pleased to learn that our signature Concierge service exceeded your expectations. We do take note of the other comments, the vast majority of our team members speak english, not fluently, however to a very good standard. We have ongoing english classes for all team members to improve which I am sure they will do.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed at the Vana Belle early July 2013 for 4 nights. Our room was an Ocean view plunge pool room with a huge bathroom... even the bathtub had a view of the ocean. Amazing.

This place is beautiful from any angle.. the landscaping, pool(s) design, room decor, and gorgeous ocean views. Just being in the resort calms you down.

From our experience, Vana Belle's strength is their seamless concierge service. Jonathan was top notch, delivering most of our requests in a timely manner. The bell service/lobby guys were also top notch... friendly, helpful, yet not intrusive... always with a smile on their faces.

Breakfast with their a la cart order-menu is a great idea. We loved the interesting mix of fresh juices such as cucumber-guava juice, and carrot-lime juice.

We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Spend the money for a better view, higher floor, bigger room. Not cheap but definitely worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank half-life2

Dear half-life2

Thank you for your recent stay at Vana Belle, a Luxury Collection Resort and for posting this review.

We appreciate very much your excellent comments about our resort. We are pleased you liked and enjoyed our Ocean View Pool Suites and their spectacular views. We also take note of your positive experience with our Concierge service and our Breakfast.

We do hope to see you back with us at some time in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

the hotel is luxurious, the staff is well trained and extremely warm, rooms are beautiful, breakfast buffet is killer- they serve champagne and oysters! the beach is right there-and its kept clean and maintained well. they have a pool right by the beach - you can spend many hours there. it is definitely one of the best hotels to stay in on the island. you can be assured of having a great comfortable and hospitable time. the spa is very nice too- a bit expensive but pretty good. the only average experience we had was the dinner we ordered in the room one night- it was pretty avg- but the restaurant serves great food.

Room Tip: the villas have the best view. if you take a room, take the 2nd floor then you overlook the villas. there is no lift though.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMVanaBelle, General Manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Vrooom

Your comments are greatly appreciated. We believe we are one of the best resorts on the island and our team have worked incredibly hard since opening to achieve that, therefore, we are so pleased you have recognised this. Your feedback will be shared with the entire team.

We do hope to see you back with us in the future for another memorable experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My daughter and I spent a long weekend at Vana Belle during a business trip to Thailand. We came to work, relax, and enjoy the time when we weren't working on our various research projects. The location is perfect. Right on a perfect piece of sand, the pool is great, the service is excellent. No complaints at all. Just raves. I recommend this place very much. Our room came with free breakfast and a 2000 THB credit at one of the Vana Belle restaurants. This meant we stayed on site most of our time here. We enjoyed, very much the food at Kiree and at the Italian restaurant by the pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
GMVanaBelle, General Manager at Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear loriel

Thank you for your review and for recently being our guests at Vana Belle, a Luxury Collection Resort.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your exceptional comments and we agree that we have one of the best locations on the island. We do hope you will both come back and visit us again sometime in the not too distant future.