All reviewsair conmassage serviceincluded breakfaststayed here for a weekmain areayour doorstepevery morningbeach frontnice poolpadlockbaht
Reviewed May 12, 2008

We stayed in a nice bungalo with an ocean view. Friendly atmosphere, good and helpful service. Good resteaurant, and the best beach location on the island. The resort is located in a handy location for visiting night life and day time island excursions.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Returning with my friend to Seascape Beach Resort in Koh Samui proved to be the perfect tropical holiday and made for a superb getaway. A perfect beach, just steps away from your room, awards long beach strolls in either direction with great swimmng and wave-playing in the ocean. It was my friend's third year return (from California). This time for 3 months, staying at Seascape Beach Resort the entire time!

Tucked away at the southern end of Chaweng, one walks right out of Seascape to about the best beach on the island! The location is quiet with tropical landscaping filled with the scent of local Frangipani trees. Having visited before we were delighted to find major renovvation recently completed that included an attractive Thai-decor new dining area - still overlooking the sea and pool area - and other improvements.

Bungalows are spacious and light, all air-con - all you need for a perfect holdiay - quiet and cool. And the hotel rooms are even more spacious with a huge bathtub to enjoy. Rates are kept at a very reasonable level and Seascape Beach Resort offers great value for room/bungalow cost.

At Seascape you don't have the noise or traffic of busy mid-Chaweng. The resort is laid-back and comfortable and, as its run by a couple of on-site American owners, everything is kept very clean & hygenic and the menu includes plenty of western foods and special treats as well as an excellent Thai menu. Talking with other guests we learned many, like us, were 'repeat guests'. There's plenty of small shops and restaurants in the area to stroll to - and easy to catch the local shuttle to continue to the major shopping areas.

You can dine in the restaurant area, enjoy fast pool or beach side service and in the evenings, a fantastic 'on the beach' seafood BBQ. This is really special! Set up with special lighting and menu, an incredible whole BBQ lobster dinner may be enjoyed at about $7-10! And several times/week a stage is erected at the beach or pool for beautiful Thai dance and/or live entertainment. The ambience is really special and we discovered the warm and gracious Thai staff had mostly been there since the beginning. Seascape Beach Resort rates 'excellent' in all areas and especially for cost-conscious families and couples/ friends! We'll be back soon!

Linda Cartlidge & Gary Snider

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2008

my husband and I and our 2 young children had just returned from living in China for 5 months. So we really needed a holiday.
My children were aged 31/2 and 7 months old. I knew the resort would be a little tired......however it reallly needs a big overhaul!! A little german girl cut her toe on broken tiles in the pool. She required 7 stitches. They really needed to drain the pool and re-tile. It's slap dash.
I thought the rooms were ok for what you pay for. They set up a joining room and set a cot up for our baby. If you want a little bit more pay extra $50 bucks and stay at baan Samui. It's a great resort.
The restaurant is really good for lunches and breakfast. You can have a nice dinner on the beach....it's very good.....And you really can't beat the view from the restaurant and the access to the beach. I wouldn't stay here again ..but it was ok...we didnt complain too much....just watch out for their surcharge when paying by Visa at the end of your stay. Outrageous!!

Stayed: December 2006
Reviewed August 30, 2007

We were a party of 6 booked into 2 hotel rooms for 10 days. The hotel accommodation appeared superior to the beach bungalows in size & appearance although further from the beach & over looking the car park.
The Hotel rooms are basic but very spacious & cleaned every day along with a change of towels & bedding. Bottled water is supplied daily & the air-con system is adequate. The rooms don't provide a hairdryer or tea making facilities & keys to the rooms are a little 'hit & miss' until you get the hang of them. Safety deposit boxes are free of charge & located @ reception.
The pool is on the small side & requires some TLC (we had to wait for the pool to be clean on some mornings/afternoon!) but the beautiful beach & crystal blue sea compensates for it. The beach is great for swimming & Thai food, massages, souvenirs & water sports can be accessed all day long once a price has been negotiated!
The location of the complex is ideal for families & children in a quiet part of the resort with plenty of amenities & easy reach to the busy centre of Cheweng.
Breakfast is from 7am -10am & requires some variation, after the first few days it becomes a little boring.
Staff were helpful & supportive in arranging the transport of our personal belongings we had left in nearby Koh Phangan.
Overall we enjoyed our stay @ Seascape basic affordable accommodation in a good location.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed August 18, 2007

We stayed in the beach bungalow (not the sea view one) upon the recommendation of our travel agent. What we were promised and what we experienced were two completely different things. The bungalow itself was poorly maintained with even the bellboy having problems with the keys in the door on the first night. The mattress on the bed was ancient and in dire need of replacement. I spent the first night with springs poking in my back. The next morning after almost no sleep, I contacted reception staff and when I could distract them long enough from the ever present TV behind the reception desk to ask them for some assistance, the assistance was not worth having. The option I was eventually offered was that the maid could put a blanket on the mattress to stop the springs from poking through.

Staff at the beach and restaraunt were more interested in watching the local Muay Ty boxing on the TV to really assist anyone and beach staff constantly chain smoked within the vicinity of obvious non smoking guests.
They never did anything about fixing the bed despite being contacted by the local travel agent. I was booked for 9 nights and checked out the next afternoon when I booked another hotel.
The parting shot was that they charged me 2 nights extra because I checked out early.

Give this place a miss. There is far better and cheaper accom on Koh Samui. Even backpackers would find the bungalows at this place a bit of a challenge. I am happy for anyone thinking of staying here or even the hotel to contact me.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple