“Great steak and atmosphere”
Review of Cafe Uno Chaweng

Cafe Uno Chaweng
Ranked #85 of 182 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Singapore, Singapore
“Great steak and atmosphere”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Not sure why the many negative reviews! My boyfriend loved the steak and wanted to return for another try the next day.

Our friends and I bought local food from the walking street and brought it over to Cafe Uno. We did order drinks but they were fine with us eating outside food, which was a bonus to us, or is it the Thai culture, we're not sure.

Great place to just sit and relax and watch the world go by especially when the other end (walking street) is so full of life.

• Visited February 2014

• Hebrew first
“Very salty”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I order one pizza, very salty for us.
I tell to the waiter. I want to change another one, but refuse.

“Small portions and made me poorly!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend ate here, the service was good and friendly, however, with the prices being higher than most restaurants we expected more.

Our portion sizes were smaller than a child's portion and the spicy sausage pasta with pepper sauce that I had made me sick (bad tummy). We know it had to be this restaurant and both me and my girlfriend shared lunch at another restaurant and she was fine.

Avoid!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service, very good food”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We just arrived in Koh Samui after a long journey from Bangkok. We were looking for a place with wifi to find accommodation and have breakfast, so we found this place. The lovely lady that was helping us was very friendly and our breakfast was pretty good. Since we were very tired, we decided to stay a bit longer and have lunch there. I had a spaghetti and it was probably the best pasta dish I've had in Southeast Asia. The owner of the place served us our lunch himself and offered us a dessert since we ended up spending more than a regular client (I was actually already writing this review when we've been told about the free dessert!). It was definitely a good experience, I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited November 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Rubbish food!!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Me and me boyfriend went here for dinner last night and were really disappointed! We ordered our drinks about 5 minutes after sitting down and the waitress asked if we were ready to order our food and I asked her if I could just have a couple more minutes to decide. 20 minutes later, after trying to get their attention (they were busy eating and chatting amongst themselves at the bar), they finally came to take our order. We ordered our food and then 5 minutes later, another waitress came to confirm what we ordered! Our food came, my boyfriend ordered a pizza which was ok but very salty and I ordered ravioli which consisted of 6 pieces of pasta in the most bland sauce I have ever eaten! When we have finished our food the waitress came and offered us a promotion saying that as we spent over a certain amount that we could have a drink, dessert etc that cost 100bht or less each. As me boyfriend still had a beer and I had just finished a glass of rose which cost 130bht, we asked if I could have a glass of rose and my boyfriend wouldn't have anything... They said no to this which I think is pathetic as if we would have both ordered a Chang it would have been 180bht rather that 130bht for just one glass of wine. I have honestly never left a restaurant feeling more hungry!! Avoid!

• Visited November 2013