1,053 results
All reviews the cottages manager james beach boys thai style cottages cocktail party on the beach fresh fruit a la carte breakfast little touches chaweng beach beach staff every morning boutique hotel tropical garden turn down service the general manager our honeymoon each evening
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2019

Nice cottage,polite staff and excellent service, close to Chawen beach my baby enjoy to play sands . the beverage is delicious and views of restaurant is beautiful very nice overall experiences in Poppies Samui.

Room tip: Sometimes we found ants in bar area.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Getaway29632131723
James M, General Manager at Poppies Samui, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Thank you for sharing your kind lines reading Poppies.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely amazing from start to finish. We had a cottage right beside the pool and beach which was beautiful and very convenient! The gardens are impeccable, the staff are so friendly, the made to order breakfast with fresh fruit and freshly squeezed juice is outstanding, the food is very nice and happy hour cocktails are delicious! Our bed was too hard for us but the staff amended this straight away by adding a pillow topper. The rooms are immaculate and fresh fruit was delivered every morning and a cake every evening. Overall - one of the best hotels we have stayed at (and we have travelled extensively). Will 100% stay again.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank tells_it_as_it_is

Thank you for your wonderful review of Poppies.

It means a lot from someone who travel often.

Reviewed February 25, 2019

Lovely little hotel tucked away from the noise and bustle of the main tourist drag.
Super customer service in this quiet oasis. The reception staff are very welcoming and generally the staff are exceptional and many seemed to have worked there for a while.
One notable feature are the lush tropical garden and stream which meanders through the resort and makes you feel secluded from the hubbub on the doorstep. Great for families where the parents want to get away from it all and the teenagers want access to the bars and clubs which are a few minutes walk down the road or along the beach.

Room tip: All rooms super but some may prefer those near the restaurant and pool
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank tabby007

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us!f

I am glad you enjoyed the Poppies gardens.

Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

By the time I reached Poppies I was halfway into my trip to Thailand. I loved my time in Chiang Mai and Phuket, but I never really felt comfortable or at home until I arrived at Poppies. The staff is so warm and welcoming and were the best part of my stay... with a very close second being the amazing food at this restaurant and the adorable cottage we stayed in! Poppies feels like an oasis! It might be smaller in size but that just means they have the ability to make each guest feel pampered. I took advantage of their spa while I was there and my services were amazing and at a very affordable price. At night they would come to turn down the bed and leave a piece of cake (each night was a new flavor) wrapped in some kind of leaf on our table in the cottage. We had a basket of exotic fruit that was always replenished, they came to light a mosquito repellant candle every night once the sun went down... it’s just these small things we noticed that made the stay so special. If I ever find myself back in Thailand I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

2  Thank amandat183

Thank you for your review of Poppies.

am very happy that you felt at home and appreciated the small things!

Reviewed February 22, 2019

Believe all the reviews. This place is a little oasis of calm and luxury in the midst of this lively town. Step out of your cottage onto the beautiful beach and feel truly relaxed. The staff are wonderful, the breakfasts amazing and the little touches throughout the day simply perfect. They made my mother’s birthday truly memorable. We weren’t fans of Chaweng itself ( too lively) but Poppies made it all ok. You could forget you were in a bustling town on our little stretch of beach and you couldn’t hear a peep from the street in our cottage. Lovely resort and James the manager, June and the rest of the staff really couldn’t do enough for us. If you’re heading to Chaweng you must stay at Poppies.

Room tip: All the rooms are perfect
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank GoPlaces20536576327

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Poppies and that your mother had a memorable birthday with us.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,'