This hotel is in a fantastic location!! It's located right on the strip but still a few doors down from the noise and flight path of the nearby airport. We had originally booked a junior deluxe villa but upon check-in was informed that they were upgrading us. They moved us into a hotel room, not a villa, explaining the villa i had booked was much smaller and older. I was still not satisfied as we were now paying a small fortune for a hotel room. The room was fine, but we were off in a corner facing a bamboo wall. I promptly complained and we upgraded to one of their beautiful new villas for the rest of our 6 day stay, but at an additional cost. The rooms facing the garden seemed really quaint but some of the guests had said they were a bit out dated. The original villa we booked was indeed, quite small and older. However, the new villas are absolutely stunning. Very private and located very close to the pool, beach and restaurant.
The ground of this hotel are absolutely stunning. Beautiful lush gardens and a wooden pathway really make you feel like you're in paradise.
The breakfast was lovely.
The few complaints i had was the size of the two pools. Both were quite small and unless you're up at the crack of dawn getting a beach lounger is impossible. I wouldn't have a problem with this but the beach located right in front of the hotel is quite small, in the sense that the tide doesn't go far out and there is no room to just throw down a towel.
Unless you're staying in the new villas, i would say this hotel is overpriced for what you get.
On a side note, if you're travelling to ko samui from phuket or elsewhere on the otherside, you will be dissappointed with the beaches here. chaweng is the nicest beach, but it is still quite dirty and the water is not as clear and gorgeous as the adaman side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand