We had originally booked a room at the 5* Melati Hotel where we were told upon arrival that they had overbooked the hotel because of the snow storm in Europe but would offer us an equal room at their 4* 'sister hotel' Chaweng Regent. Apparently it is their logic that guests who arrive a couple of days late have a right to stay longer even if it means to send other guests who arrive on time to a different hotel.
We were offered 5000 Baht compensation, the first night in the Royal Suite and the other nights in the Spa Villa Suite.
But what a shock when we first entered the Royal Suite! There was some much dust in the room that it must not have been cleaned properly for over a month and we also found a huge caterpillar crawling in the bathtub! Besides that, the shabby room made the impression to be at least 20 years old! Totally unacceptable, especially for a room with the highest rate.
Luckily, the next day we moved to the newly renovated Spa Villa Suite, which was a completely different experience, very clean, modern and comfortable with an outdoor jacuzzi.
Unfortunately, we didn't like the location of the hotel too much, since it's located at crowded Chawenga beach and we had preferred a more quiet place (like the Melati). But if you are looking to party on Ko Samui, then Chawenga is of course the place to be.
The resort itself is quite big and it has two pools which are not too large but ok. At night there is not too much noise, except some occasional fireworks and the base from some nearby disco which couldn't really be heard in our room but this might be different in others. The beach was not very clean and the water not too clear but this might have been because of the rain storm before we arrived. Breakfast wasn't at all what I expected from a 4* hotel, but the Red Snapper restaurant had some excellent food. Room service is only available until 10.30 pm, also not appropriate for a 4* hotel. However, the staff was very friendly and incredibly helpful.
All in all, I wouldn't really recommend the Chaweng Regent, since there definitely must be better places to stay on Ko Samui for the same price, but if you still feel the urge to go to this hotel, make sure to book no other room than the Spa Villa Suite (my ratings would have been much worse if we had only stayed in the Royal Suite).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand