I stayed at this hotel in 2006 and was looking forward to a return visit. I booked direct through the hotel's own website, and the entire cost of my stay was charged in advance.
On arrival I was told there was no room for me at the hotel and I would have to stay at their 'sister' resort for part of my trip. I declined...and 10 minutes later was shown to the room I had booked and paid for!!
Not a good start, and this doesn't seem to be an isolated incident...beware!
I have to say my memory had served me well, and this is still a nice looking hotel in a good location.
But here are the niggles..
1. Overbooking. I booked direct with the hotel, and paid a higher rate than some other websites were offering, precisely to avoid this sort of nonsense.
2. Sunbeds. Come on...it's not rocket science. Buy some more sunbeds!!! Some mornings all the sunbeds wre 'reserved' by towels by 8-30am. If there are enough sunbeds to go round people will not feel the need to get up in the middle of the night to reserve theirs, and will take the risk of removing their towel if they leave the resort. I was on a much needed holiday but didn't dare have a lie-in in case I missed the one chance of the day before breakfast to nab a sunbed. Very poor.
3. Air conditioning. Whan you removed the key fob from by the door of the bungalow this turns all the electricity including the air conditioning off until your return, by which time the room is hotter than Hades, and takes hours to cool down. I would expect this in a guesthouse but in a £100+ a night hotel this is just plain pennypinching.
4. Checkout. I booked a transfer to the airport va the hotel and this was ready and waiting for me when I checked out. I settled up and went to get in the minibus, but was told in no uncertain terms I could not leave the premises until my room had been checked for damage. Now I have stayed in many hotels and I am sure it's not the first time my room has been checked before I go, but it's the first time it has been done in this manner...really unsubtle and frankly an insult.
So there it is...maybe I was lucky the first time I stayed, or unlucky the second. Who knows...I do know there is unlikely to be a third!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand