We stayed at the Chaweng Regent for 6 days as part of a 'Secret Escapes' package.
The hotel is beautifully laid out with direct access to the beach, and also the main area of Chaweng.
The rooms are clean and bright, with plenty of space. There was a walk in shower as well as a bath, and plenty of cupboard space.
The only let down was the number of electrical sockets...there were only 4 (including the shaver socket in the bathroom). This sounds plenty, but with the amount of electrical items we had, it was a constant juggling act to recharge them (iPhone, kindle, netbook, 4 cameras), also, the room key operates the electrical supply to the rooms, so you can only charge things up when you're in the room, as soon as you leave the room, and remove the key, the electricity goes off.
The hotel has 2 pool areas, one having a swim up bar. We declined to use it, as we observed some holidaymakers sitting at the bar for hours, without getting out to use the loo...... they either have bladders the size of beach balls, or they were using the pool as a loo! Yuck!
Breakfast was a mixture of English, Thai and Continental, with something for everyone... cereals, cooked breakfast, fruit, pastries, toast etc..... very nice.
We had one dinner in the attached 'Red Snapper' restaurant. The steak was cooked to perfection, but so it should be for the price charged.... the rest of the time we sampled some of the many Thai restaurants; these provided 2 of us with enough food to feed a small army, at the same price (or less) that one steak meal!
As someone else mentioned, the hotel was full, and we were offered a move to a 'sister' hotel about 15 mins away, but it was only for the last day of our holiday, so we declined..... we were going to be travelling enough the following day!
The outside space at the hotel is a maze of small decked areas, all eventually leading to the reception or pool, here were quiet areas with soft furnishings under wooden pagodas, for when the sun became too much, and all the sunbeds around the pool had sunshades. Most also had a call button, to alert the staff that you required a drink or food!
All the staff were very friendly, especially if you said 'Sawadee ka' to them.
We had a lady from housekeeping call every late afternoon, just to spray the rooms with mosquito spray. In all the time we were in the rooms, we never got bitten by anything.
The housekeeping staff kept all the rooms and public areas spotlessly clean, and they all smiled, all the time, even when it was stifling hot!
The main road out the front of the hotel is really busy, especially at night, when there seem to be a constant line of touting taxis beeping incessantly, but once over the hotel threshold, past reception, you could barely hear the noise of the street, and we slept well and undisturbed.
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip, and would recommend this hotel to anyone who loves the beach and pool scene, but also wants to see plenty of shops and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand