Stunning resort with beautiful gardens in the perfect location - right in the thick of the action in Chaweng, close to restaurants and shopping, as well as being right on the beach, but still very quiet inside the resort. We stayed for 10 nights, staying in a Premier room upstairs with a balcony for 7 nights, and upgrading to a Spa Villa for the last 3 nights. I would say if you are tossing up between these two room types, there is no contest, go for the Spa Villa. The Premiere room we stayed in was a little bit dated and dark, although looks like the bathroom has been renovated in the last few years. There is no solid door to the bathroom/toilet - just a slatted door, and you can't get to the wardrobe or safe whilst someone is using the toilet unless you are really friendly with them as it's in the same area behind the slatted door. This might bother some. The cushions on the chairs on the balcony are vinyl - makes sense so they are weather proof, however no good for sitting out there in the heat - you are stuck to them in a matter of minutes, so we just didn't end up sitting out there. No block out curtains so we had trouble sleeping in. The Spa Villa was much better - block out curtains, bathroom/toilet with proper solid locking door, and seemed like a lot more space overall. Spa villas are also much closer to the pool and the beach, handy if that's where you plan to spend most of your day. Breakfast was great, wide variety and helpful staff, only thing I would say is that it's probably unwise to have large open bowls of yoghurt in such a hot environment (even though it's undercover, there were a lot of flies around) would prefer individual containers. Customer service at the front counter was a bit hit and miss, depending on who you spoke to and how strong their English was. Had no problem with the sun loungers that others mentioned, however can see this might be problem in the high season when it's busier. Overall a great hotel and we will be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand