Chaweng Regent Beach Resort
$115
  • Beachfront
$402
LuxuryCollection
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$115
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$67
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$196
$153
Agoda.com
  • Pool
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$299
$70
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$105
$95
OZOHotels.com
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$102
$85
Priceline
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$122
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$144
$132
1,961 results
All reviewspremier roomspa villared snappergarden poolchom talaykoh samuiroyal suiteswim up bargreen birdpools are greatthe main streetour honeymoonbars and restaurantsfree upgradebuffet breakfasthappy houryour doorstep
Reviewed August 13, 2013

CONS:
I was not even going to post a review because there is no way I would ever stay here again. However, after reading the latest reviews, I find it absolutely unacceptable that the resort still has not solved the overbooking problems, the front desk has not received any sort of remedial training, fixed the WI-FIconnectitivy which is not free, etc.

I stayed here back in March 2013 and like other guests, I received the crappiest room - stunk like bathroom sewage - the first night due to overbooking and an upgrade the remaining nights. We met guests that experienced the same overbooking problem, but, they did not get an upgrade.

Even though I read the same overbooking reviews from previous guests, I was still stupid enough to take a chance. I even booked a spa villa directly through the resort thinking that I would avoid any overbooking issues. Just to be sure, a week before my arrival, PANUMAS [--] - the resort`s sales agent - honored my request to check and reconfirm what I paid for full in advance. LIES.

The General Manager -Daniel [--]- should be replaced. For the prices that you pay to stay at this resort, the service is completely unacceptable nor has the problems been fixed.

The resort is now posting Trip Advisor's Certificate of Excellend for 2013 on facebook. What a joke! Mr. [--] and the resorts need to be spending their time on fixing the issues.

If you like to gamble, go ahead and pay in full for a room at this resort.

PROS:
1. Resort Location on Chaweng Street.
2. The larger Pool.
3. Resort grounds are beautiful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank tkyonomad
Denis M, Manager at Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time reviewing your recent stay with us and we appreciate you sharing your extremely valuable comments with us and others!

It was indeed a great pleasure to have your company and we shall be looking forward to welcome you soon back the The Melati!!

Denis Martin
GGM

Reviewed August 12, 2013

From the time we arrived at the hotel - room allocated two hours ahead of normal check-in!! - until we left to go to Koh Phangan I couldn't recommend this hotel more highly. The room was lovely and clean and very romantic. Beautifully planted and tended tropical gardens. Staff were very friendly. Breakfasts were plentiful and tasty. Didn't spend much time at the restaurant, however, as found a really authentic Thai restaurant not far from the hotel that we frequented every day which was much better value - The Green Bird. Check it out for the deep fried whole fish!! Have read complaints about wifi, and, yes, it does seem a little strange not to be able to have free access unless you are in the communal pool/restaurant area but didn't worry me as I don't get withdrawals if I can't use it 24/7. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leanne c
Chaweng_Regent_Samui, Public Relations Manager at Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear leanne c,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, we are delighted to hear your stay at Chaweng Regent Beach Resort was a success. The Team will be happy to know you enjoyed the gardens and friendly service you received during your stay.

We are truly grateful for your praises and would like to thank you on behalf of the Team for your nice review. We hope to welcome you again very soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I see some lovely things and not so nice things about this holiday resort.
We have booked by internet with them and are going in November, its making me a bit nervous reading all the negative things written, now wondering if we should cancel and book elsewhere. We have booked a villa! It would be very dissappointing getting to your destination to find that what you have booked is not available.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa W
Chaweng_Regent_Samui, Public Relations Manager at Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Lisa W,

Everyone at Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is so incredibly sorry to hear you are considering another resort for your upcoming holiday. I would very much like the chance to speak with you to help put your mind at ease. While there may be little we can do to mitigate negative comments, the Team and I do however take responsibility for not having delivered the expected standard of service to the reviewers below. We have apologized profusely in the past, as we apologize now.

Nevertheless, as you can see from the majority of our comments, we are cherished among countless travelers. Some of whom have been visiting since we opened over 20 years ago. We understand that everybody is different and this forum is an essential aid for travelers. However, we humbly ask that our future guests form their own opinion based on personal experience and informed decisions. “Sight before hearsay” goes the proverb.

If you could be so kind to contact me to help answer any questions you may have, it would help us to further improve our services for tomorrow. Also, look forward to welcoming you, so you can experience the comfort and service Chaweng Regent is known for.

I hope you will kindly contact me at pr@melatiresort.com, with any additional feedback you can offer.

Nadine Rouget
Public Relations Manager
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort
Melati Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Spent a long weekend here recently to get away from daily life in Bangkok. Overall not a bad place. It seems like they were having problems with their reservation system that weekend and there was a problem booking me in my original room so I spent the first night in an alternate room before moving to the correct room. The staff provided me with a coupon for a free meal at one of the restaurants as compensation. I found the staff very attentive and made moving between my rooms very painless.

The resort overall is dated. The bathrooms in both rooms I stayed do need a renovation but were otherwise functional. Despite the dated appearance and older finishings my rooms were very clean and otherwise well kept.

The main restaurant is so-so. Breakfast buffet is included with most rooms so not much to complain about there. Though, do avoid going to breakfast between 8:30-10 as that seems to be the peak time and you might need to wait for a table; in that regard the staff don't seem well prepared to handle the traffic. The prices are a bit high so depending on what you are looking for it maybe better to go out (don't use any hotel fridge/mini-bar in Samui there are lots of 7-11's around where you can get your munchies and drinks for much cheaper).

The biggest strength of this place is the location. It's right on a decent stretch of beach as well as loads of bars, restaurants, shops and other nightlife. The resort has it's own car/bike rental kiosk which I highly recommend using because if you are staying at the resort you don't have to hand over your passport. They don't have a lot of vehicles though, so get right on renting one if you are interested. Getting a motorbike/scooter is the way to go on Samui. A day's rental is cheaper than a single taxi ride and provides a host other benefits (easier parking, etc).

Value is good, but if they would renovate the rooms and improve the food quality in the restaurant they would have a facility that rivals any of the big name brand resorts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Martin D,

It is always a pleasure to read positive feedback from our guests, thank you very much for taking the time to share. The Team will be so happy to see their work praised in your review, as we do strive to provide the best possible experience to all our guests.

Your comments about renovations are duly noted and you will be happy to know that touch ups and maintenance are a regularly scheduled throughout the year to keep our resort looking fresh after over 20 years of service.

We would be thrilled and quite privileged to welcome you on your next visit to Samui.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Eight of us stayed here for 7 days of family holiday, all adults with adult children. Location was perfect for us with excellent staff. Rooms very clean , staff always very helpful...even when our key wouldn't work late late one night! Sumptuous breakfasts, good restaurants and bars at the resort and on the beach and very central to shopping, food, bars.....perfect. Great to join in with resort facilities, gym, yoga,beach volley ball ( even some of the staff joined in) .....and lots of massages available a very short stroll along the beach. With 24 yo's ....perfect with the famed Ark Bar just a very short walk along the beach or road. Would highly recommend. The reception staff mucked up bookings...we were booked to have adjoining rooms but logistics let them down.... we were patient, polite ( a must in Thailand!) and a night later it was all sorted. Cannot complain, top service. Airconditioning and bathrooms excellent. A credit to the staff who late at night scurried around trying to clean the grounds for the next wave and making sure we all had a great time. Watch out for the giant snails....amazing. Would stay again!

Room Tip: The bungalow bathrooms are smallish so if this is a concern go for the deluxe rooms. We enjoyed the pool side block of rooms but if you prefer a quieter garden balcony setting go for the garden rooms furthest away from the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Catstel32
Chaweng_Regent_Samui, Public Relations Manager at Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Catstel32,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Chaweng Regent Beach Resort.
The Team joins me thanking for your kind comments; we were thrilled to read that you enjoyed our gardens and accommodation as well as varied dining options.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future and meanwhile, please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.