Earlier this year we stayed at the wonderful Chaweng Regent Beach Resort for 12 nights. What a fantastic resort!!
Having both worked in the travel industry for over 15 years, my husband and I are quite picky when it comes to accommodation. Before booking this property, we spent a large amount of time talking to people and looking online (particularly tripadvisor.com), checking other people's reviews.
The most important factors for us in choosing a resort were: 4 - 4.5 star, beachfront, great pool with easy access for a child (travelling with a 2.5 year old we wanted somewhere with a child friendly pool), location - we didn't want to be smack bang in the centre of town, however accessibility to restaurants within 10-15 minute walk was ideal. Basically we wanted a beautiful property that had a luxurious touch, yet affordable and child friendly. Not such an easy find! We didn't want to go to a perfect 5 star resort where we'd be afraid of our toddler running around making noise and disturbing honeymooners. We wanted somewhere we could fully relax in a beautiful resort - all 3 of us.
The Chaweng Regent Beach Resort ticked all the boxes and exceeded our expectations. It is a very beautiful property, very large and peaceful, vastly spread out with stunning landscaped tropical grounds, two beautiful swimming pools (both with adjoining children's pools), lovely beach area, wonderful spa and beautiful rooms. The clientele were a mixture of families and couples (old and young) from all over the world. It was a nice mix - not just families, not just couples. The swimming pools were very large so everyone has their own space and kids can be kids.
We stayed in a ground floor Premier room which was beautiful and perfect for the three of us. We especially loved the private enclosed terrace overlooking the beautiful gardens (terrace on ground floor, balcony on second floor), safe for kids and a lovely area to retreat on an evening with a good book when our daughter went to bed.
The breakfast was sensational! Huge buffet (changed daily) featuring western and Asian food. The egg station was superb. I'd have to say the best omelets I've ever had (they make it look so easy!).
The staff were absolutely brilliant, attentive without being overcrowding. They were extremely friendly, especially with our daughter (the Thais love children, and the staff at this resort were no exception). The staff have the perfect mix of being professional yet wonderfully friendly which makes you feel very relaxed and at home. I personally prefer this type of service rather than the overly formal professional service you sometimes find in 5 star resorts.
The location is perfect, there is no doubting that Chaweng is busy, but the resort is located at the northern end of Chaweng where it is quieter and more relaxed. Restaurants and shopping are located right opposite the resort on the main road, and many more restaurants and nightlife a 10 minute walk away. There are many excellent restaurants located on the beach, so you can easily forget the busy main road even exists and stick to the beach both day and night if you wanted to! The beach area is lovely, white soft sand (perfect for kids and adults alike) and the water was very clear and warm. The beach in front of the hotel is extremely safe for children as it is very sheltered from a rocky outcrop further out to sea. We preferred to walk a little further down the beach (outside the rocky outcrop) so our daughter could play in the shallow waves.
In terms of restaurants, asides from the fantastic resort restaurant, the "Samui Seafood" near the resort was absolutely sensational (our favourite), Khao San and The Crab also excellent. For a super budget meal you can't go past the Green Bird, opposite the hotel, where three of us ate for under AUD$10. Don't expect service or decor, but the food is fantastic.
In summary, the Chaweng Regent Beach Resport is an absolutely fantastic resort and we will most definitely be returning there in future - in fact, we wouldn't stay anywhere else!!
We can't recommend this place enough, thank you Chaweng Regent for a fantastic stay, we miss you and look forward to seeing you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your own paradise, enveloped in breezy elegance and shaded by majestic coconut trees. Enjoy a taste of tropical living, bask among blooming native flowers and sweeping ocean views and delight in an idyllic holiday of relaxation and pampering. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort, where impeccable service and luxury accommodation await, offering a refuge to promote health and wellness with palate-pleasing experiences.This is the place to relax. There is nothing to disturb the blissful tranquility of Samui. This is a place to explore. There is much to see and do, but only at a pace you set yourself. Chaweng Regent Beach Resort is a stunning beach front resort, situated on the famous Chaweng beach on Koh Samui. Conveniently located only a short walk away from the vibrant excitement of Chaweng with its many entertainment spots, restaurants and shopping centers, our resort offers the very best location to suit all tastes. Whether you want to get away from it all and relax in our tranquil surroundings or shop till you drop, Chaweng Regent Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Chaweng Regent Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Regent Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Regent Koh Samui
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand