We have been going to samui for many years, we usually stay at the baan samui, but it has got quite noisy in the rooms because of the bars playing music till late. So we decided to move approx 100 mtrs down the beach to the chaba, we knew the hotel as our friends used to stay there. We arrived & were checked in very quickly & luggage was taken straight to our for us. We had booked a room in the ocean wing, we were in room 312 on the 3rd floor. There was a lift in the ocean wing ,so there was no need to climb the stairs if you didn't want to. The room was very nice & clean, with a balcony, i could just see the sea if i looked right, but the balconies don't face on to the sea. The only thing was, that the bathrooms were quite small, but all the same they were clean, & did the job. There was no bath, but a big open shower which we preferred anyway.
Down 2 flights of stairs & we were straight into breakfast, Good selection of things to have, & you over looked the pool which was nice.
Pool area was lovely, plenty of sunbeds around the pool & on the beach, ( hotel was quite quiet when we were there), You are only a few steps from the pool on to the best part of chewang beach, & there was a breeze blowing as we lay around the pool. Massage was available at the pool, i had a great foot massage for 250 baht. We ate at the pool bar for lunch a couple of times,Food, service & staff very nice.
Lovely sized pool, sloping from a shallow to a deep end, & a good sized childrens pool with 3 water fountains. There was a swim up bar in the pool, but nobody really used it.
We bought a mosquito room spray that seemed to do the trick, as we were hardly bitten.
There is a great supermarket just a few meters up the road where you can stock up on everything you need.
To sum the chaba samui up, i think you get what you pay for, if you are looking for something plush then you will have to dig deeper into your pocket & stay somewhere else, but if you want clean & comfortable, then you will enjoy your stay here.
We didn't go over to the lake wing at all so i can't comment on that.
I booked 8 nights here but only stayed 7, so i could keep my room on till the last minute as i had a late pick up, it's well worth doing, that way you can enjoy your last day.
Hope this honest review helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 93 Rooms, located in the heart of Chaweng, set beside a sandy white beach. Accommodation is split between two wings; the Lake Wing is across the road from the beach with the Ocean Wing located by the beach. Rooms have air conditioning, TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Ocean Wing rooms have a private balcony. Swimming pools, kids' playground, exercise room, sauna, pool bar and restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chaba Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaba Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Hotel Chaba Samui
- Chaba Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand