“Great Hotel.”
Review of Chaba Samui Resort

Chaba Samui Resort
Ranked #30 of 103 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here just recently at the start of February for 4 nights. It was a lovely hotel with friendly staff who were helpful. We stayed on the 4th floor (top level) so view was great. We were on the ocean wing side so we were basically a hop, skip and jump from the beach. (Get down to the beach early if you want to get a chair on the beach, very busy most of the time). Has a gym (pretty small) but the pool area was nice with the bar next to it and a massage area. Breakfast was nice each morning and eggs cooked as requested. Room was good, a bit old, but nothing to complain about as it was kept clean and tidy. We got woken up a few nights from the loud fireworks down the other end of the beach, but that is not the hotels fault. The location was wonderful, as I said earlier, right on the beach and you can just walk out onto the street and you have restaurants and markets right near you. Overall a good hotel with a lovely location. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Choose at least level 2 or higher on the Ocean Wing Side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jess_k_17
There are newer reviews for Chaba Samui Resort

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Extremely not happy! Customer service was very poor. Hotel was average. Wifi didn't work. After staying at amazing places in Phuket I was very disappointed with this place. Had to ask for our rooms to be cleaned.
Only good thing about it was the location, perfect spot on the beach, with a short walk to all the bars and clubs and shopping areas. Would not recommend

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Ernestchop
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I travelled to Koh Samui with a friend in June 2012. Wehad a 10 night stop at the Chaba Samui after 2 nights in bangkok. when we booked we were originally going to stay at the chaba cabana which is the 4* sister hotel to this one but it was fully booked and also further out so we didnt mind too much that we were going to be on the beach. so here goes the good points and the bad:

good points:

- literally on the beach so its really convenient in terms of location
- right on the strip - so if you're looking to go to bars/ clubs/ restaurants theres loads within 5 mins walk
- Tony was very polite - he came and spoke to everyone whilst on the beach - happy go lucky kind of guy

now for the bad points:

- firstly - there we saw a lizard in our room!! the staff came to take it out when we called them but by the time they came and the door open the lizard jumped away
- when coming back late at night the lights in the hallway were turned off and we had to do a quick manoevre to enter the room as along the whole wall outside the room there were so many lizards! was quite scary!
- we had food included and when we went down to eat our evening meal they gave us seats in reception - there were loads of flies around and we were the only ones there so it was quite awkward
- the rooms need a major update and so do the bathrooms

This hotel was more like a 2* and I would definitely not stay here again!!

Would not recommend this place at all!

Room Tip: IF you have to stay here get a sea view room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2014

It seems as though I'm in the minority when I say that I didn't enjoy Chaba. Be that as it may, my experience involved dealing with surly, lazy staff and unkempt accommodation that was generously 2.5-star. For example, I'm not sure it's too much to expect the room to be made up daily, and yet...
The restaurant is pleasant enough, but most everything else is slightly off. The hot water didn't work perfectly, the pool was closed for a week longer than advertised;. The gym roof is littered with mould and looks minutes from bursting with pooled water.
I would recommend many of the other above-average places on Samui and stay away of Chaba - it is certainly not worth the price. Small rooms and unhappy staff are not what I've come to expect from Chaweng.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at Chaba Samui. Both times Tony the guest manager has been there and he does his utmost best to help you out and do everything he can to make your stay a good one! The rooms are a bit outdated and the bathroom is a bit under the weather. But it was all clean, the housekeeping is good. You don't go on holidays to stay in your room! The location of the hotel is perfect and we booked out tours and mopeds through Tony and were not disappointed...

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex111189
Reviewed January 11, 2014

this is my second time staying at the chaba this time thy gave me a ocean room but there were still noise at night i thought on my first visit it was due to the reggie bar but it was the resturant bar next to the hotel but as on my last visit i loved the hotel staff all great benz on reception knew me from my last visit so did a few others like rose the ladyboy and tony the manager i had a room on the ground floor over looking the garden not realy private when curtian open because of all guest useing the pool or going for breakfast .but as my last review the time share scum with thier scratch cards were still operating on the strip .apart from that the hotel had a great family friendly feeling

Room Tip: higher up more privesy
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank valleyboyMaesteg
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We are off to koh samui in February on our honeymoon and my wife's birthday combined! I did,nt do my homework to well until I had actually booked and paid for the trip and hotel! Chaba Samui Resort. The minor issue was that I thought all the rooms had a sea view with balcony? WRONG I had booked a deluxe lake wing room! PANIC has I wanted everything to be perfect for when we get there! Sitting on the balcony at night listening to the ocean lapping onto the shore How ROMANTIC! Anyways I decided to contact Chaba Group and see if there was anything they could do for me? A lady named Cora emailed me with what I can only say was the best possible news? That not only will they move our room from the lake wing to the Ocean Wing, But they will upgrade us for free.(hope they don't put us on the ground floor). If from what we have seen from photos and the service we have already received from the company. We believe our honeymoon will be fantastic? Here's looking to February. full review of hotel on our return.

Room Tip: Never be shy to own up to your own mistakes? You can always try to but the wrong to a RIGHT
Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple