This was a last minute booking (from elsewhere in Thailand). We be recommended to stay in a different resort nearby hotel but, as that was full, I simply looked for one nearby, and that was the Chaba. We booked a room in the lake wing (the Ocean wing - and, as the name suggests, the ocean - is across the other side of quite a busy road. The hotel is a very brief drive, perhaps 15 minutes, from the airport.
On first arrival we were very effusively welcomed. The guest relations manager even made a balloon dog for our small son, which made his day! And, this positive, attentive attitude continued throughout our stay. We never had to ask for our room key, they recognized us and remembered our room number and simply gave us the key as we approached the reception desk. This is one of the friendliest hotels hotels you could wish for.
The room was a reasonable size with two mattresses together to form a double bed. Although a a bit faded, the room was clean and in good repair. The room had a lake view, but it was not a particular attractive lake and we found the busy road with it vendors far more interesting to watch! The room was cleaned daily and bottles of fresh drinking water supplied. The bathroom was small but adequate and everything worked well. fully functional .
We ate only one meal in the hotel, a lunch, and it was interesting to watch the food being brought across the busy road that bisects the two wings of the hotel! The food itself was very average and we didn't eat in the hotel again. They do specialty nights where there is often a buffet menu that allows you to sample a specific style of food. This sounded quite attractive and we did book that on one occasion, but when we turned up, after delaying our usual dining time because of the start time (no mean feat with a young child), we were told that as it was outdoors and rain was expected, the event was cancelled! That did quite explain why we were still offered seats outside and the standard menu . . . we declined and went to a nearby eatery.
The resort as a whole doesn't really seem to get going till late morning, so if you are early birds (like our son makes us), be prepared as there is very little open outside of the hotel. So, be warned, breakfast options are very limited if you don't have it included in your tariff. By afternoon it starts to get busy and by the evening it is very, very busy. The beach is excellent and there is a good swimming pool. So if you like beach / swimming pool holidays this is certainly a good place for you. There are also a number of other bars and restaurants open in the afternoon and evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 93 Rooms, located in the heart of Chaweng, set beside a sandy white beach. Accommodation is split between two wings; the Lake Wing is across the road from the beach with the Ocean Wing located by the beach. Rooms have air conditioning, TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Ocean Wing rooms have a private balcony. Swimming pools, kids' playground, exercise room, sauna, pool bar and restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chaba Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaba Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Hotel Chaba Samui
- Chaba Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand