Chaba Samui Resort
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$135
$115
Amari.com
$115
  • Beachfront
$397
LuxuryCollection
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$128
Agoda.com
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$66
  • Pool
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$197
$154
  • Pool
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$176
$111
Agoda.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$122
OZOHotels.com
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$300
$70
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$142
All reviewsocean wingduke pubchaweng beachbeach sidebeach barair conpool areasister hotelbeach towelsegg stationcentral locationnice poolgreat resortthe main roadbeautiful beachbars and restaurantsmassage
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Pros - very had a very good deal for one night at this hotel. The room was big and clean and the pool area is big and the beach is clean and nice.

Cons - The hotel itself is a bit outdated. The staff did not speak English very well.

Bottom line - we booked a room for about 55 $US without breakfast. I advice you to book with breakfast because Chaweng beach wakes up late.

Room Tip: Ocean wing only.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tal Z
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I booked via Agoda and opted for the Ocean wing vs. the Lake Wing because the Ocean wing was only $6 more. I was surprised to find out on my arrival that my booking was made for the Lake Wing and the room given to me was the top floor, furthest from the Ocean, and next a busy road and busy bars. Needless to say I wasn't happy. I politely asked the hotel if they could move me to the Ocean Wing if I paid the difference as offered on Agoda, of course they needed to ask the Manager who didn't even bother to leave their office and instead sent the desk staff back to me to say it's not possible. Of course it's possible, it's up to you to go out of your way for the customer...Hospitality is not in the vocabulary of most hotels in Thailand I've found. They expect flexibility from their guests but scoff when you ask for them to be flexible. The room I have is next to a very noisy person, either that or the walls are too thin to keep out the noise. Anyways I've been woken up twice early in the morning because of that.

I had previously stayed at the Chaba Cabana on a different part of Chaweng which I liked better because of the hotel premises...staff wasn't much more helpful when it came to anything outside the norm tho.

Room Tip: Book the Ocean Wing via Agoda and make sure you get close to the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jjwrightnow
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days and had a good experience. The staff were especially service minded and friendly and the rooms were in good order. The food at the beach bar/restaurant was very good indeed and had good value.

The hotel also features a lot of geckos, which I guess you could call either a bad or a good thing. For me, I like the little critters and they eat the more annoying pests and it made for a few good photographs!

The rooms are decent; they're not especially roomy and the bathrooms are cramped and outdated, but the beds were nice, the aircon worked superbly and I slept well.

Overall a 4/5 !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bastiaanvdv
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stay at the Chaba in Jan/Feb 2012, will be going back. The pool was wonderful with a view of the sea while swimming in it. Food excellent, staff very helpful smileing and friendly. Our room although not really up to date was very clean and a good night sleep in a good bed. We stay Ocean side and i just cant wait to go back again.
The evenings, the main strip comes alive with the shops etc and you can dine in the evening outside the front of the Chabba and soak up the atmosphere. Thank you to all the wonderful Staff.

Room Tip: Go Ocean side
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jacky C
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Does this hotel have a hairdryer in the rooms? Where are the best places to book for excursions and is it still safe to travel with a scooter around the island? Is. Reakfast always included in the price? What are the best places to go for suppers and lunches and how far are the other islands from there?

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family