From start to finish -
We went to this hotel 2 days before checking in, to see what it was like. They showed us a room which was in a sort of council block building. We looked at the room and it wasn't too bad, everywhere else was sold out so we booked for three nights paying 3000 baht a night.
When checking in we had a different room underneath, here's what happened.
- the walls were covered in dirt, Mosquitos everywhere, bathroom filthy and dated, toilet grubbey, outside on balcony pipe work visible in the grounds unfinished work being carried out, paint all over balcony and floor, basically a disgusting room. We complained and they showed us another room next door. EXACTLY the same. Then again for the third time and the same again.
So I got fed up with speaking to the trainees and got the manager out, a lady with Glass's claiming she has been in hotel management for over 17 years.
I showed her the rooms myself and asked how she could possibly put people in these room to which she didn't have an answer. We walked back to there eption with her and then the arguments started.
I started off by saying you cannot provide the quality you stated on your website or verbally before booking. I aske for a refund so we could go somewhere else to which she replied "no one gets refunds, I wouldn't even give you 100 baht back" !!!!
I told her she is a poor excuse of a manager and if she can put families and couples in this room then she has no conscience. Her answer to me?
- "we are advertised as a 4 star hotel, but we are a 2 star that's why you only paid 3000 baht a night. "
Basically rooms are filth, staff are the worst I have ever come across in my life.
Please if you are considering staying here don't! I'm trying to help people here don't do it, the good reviews on here must come for people that have never travelled before or if they have only to butlins!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chaweng Blue Lagoon Hotel is a 4-star hotel nestled in a tropical garden between palm trees, lush bushes and flowers, and the beach.At our resort, we offer Superior Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and Deluxe Suites in our five 2-storey buildings. If you would like to spend your holiday in a more private way you can also book one of our Deluxe Villas right next to the beach or pool.Although being one of the smaller resorts on Chaweng Beach we have excellent staff who know how to make you feel comfortable from the very first minute to the very last. This is certainly one of the many reasons why we enjoy a long list of repeating guests throughout the year enjoying our family-style atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Blue Lagoon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Koh Samui
- Blue Lagoon Hotel Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand