“Beautiful Spot”

Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently went to Koh Samui.
Was amazing whether and the Impiana provided amazing access to the wonderful beach on its door step.
Service was wonderful - yet we were accused of stealing a robe (which was taken in the washing). Searching our bags was a little embarrassing. But they obviously cam eup empty handed. Never the less, all was sorted and I would recommend the hotel to friends. They were only doing the job they were asked of.
Travel to and from the city was easy and serviced by the hotel.
Bar staff were helpful and poilte.
My evenings were spent swimming in the warm bath of an ocean a short step from my cold air conditioned room.
Beds a little hard but all was exceptable for the price paid.
Thank you Impiana.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Impiana S, Manager at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hi OutnAbout2013,

Hello from sunny Koh Samui! Thank you for sharing your review about your stay last year.

However, I am quite puzzled with your comment concerning the robe. We made a thorough review of all the records and we didn’t found any incident report or even closer to what had happened last year.

Kindly be informed that if our guest enjoys something enough to want to take it home with them, they are welcome to do so, but at a charge. We give our guests the option to purchase the items that they are fond of. Searching missing items on guest bags was something we have never done before and over the years. Thus, we are a little bit confused by your comment,

Nevertheless, thank you for your recommendation. We would be glad to welcome you back sometime in the near future, here at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, Koh Samui!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days in March after visiting their sister hotel in Patong Beach. The price for this 4 star hotel met my budget and I was very happy to pay that rate, while the hotels next door were much more. The staff was very helpful and friendly , they offered to drive in the house case nightly to town as well as the airport. Beach dinners with music, adequate breakfast buffet. My room had a inoperable AC, I went down to ask for a change of room which they obliged and by the time I returned to the room the AC was being repaired.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Impiana S, Manager at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear ojaivalleyfan,

It has been a joy and privilege to know that you had a 'great romantic getaway' on your stay and thank you for the stunning photo you took at our resort.

I appreciate you, taking the time to extend your gracious comments and I have already shared it to the entire team as a recognition for their attentive service and hard work.

It would be a sincere pleasure, to welcome you back in the future to deliver another memorable holiday experience, here at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, Koh Samui.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

After my last trip to Samui where I inadvertantly landed up at a resort with no beach access, we chose this one for its beach. It is situated at the quieter end of Chaweng beach (Chaweng Noi), and had a lovely clean sandy beach with a grove of palm trees for shade. The seawater is clear and shallow for quite a distance. Their beach bar and restaurant was great and although slightly pricey, it had two Happy Hours each day. Breakfast - served at the beach restaurant with a view of the sea - was excellent and the restaurant stays open all day serving a good selection of Western and Thai food.
The swimming pools (small kiddies pool and separate adult pool) are clean but rather uninspiring. Also, we noticed that families with small children had difficulties as the pools are separate so not really conducive to good family time. (If you want a great pool, walk along the beach to New Star resort, three resorts along and use their spectacular pools!)
Bedrooms were modern and very clean with all the amenities although the bathrooms were a bit small, however we not really worth commenting considering how little time one spends there. most rooms have a balcony or verandah with a view of the sea - some better than others. Staff were as friendly and helpful as they could be with very limited English. We did however notice the staff having English lessons one morning so it's good to see that the resort recognises this weakness.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Impiana S, Manager at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear bridgiebaby,

It certainly seems that you fell in love with our resort; the lovely location with a clean sandy beach, happy hours at Beach bar, an excellent breakfast buffet at Sabai Restaurant and our friendly and helpful staffs.

It is an honor that you chose our resort for your stay during your recent visit. I see that you captured one photo of our rooms and we really appreciated for showing it to everyone.

Thank you for noticing the English lessons we have for our staffs. We do indeed have an English teacher working with our service oriented staffs and an on-the-spot English training – job related, conducting by Managers as we constantly stress how important it is to be able to communicate effectively.

Thanks again for sharing your picture and thoughts and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Until then, thank you again and warmest wishes,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel was nice, with a good breakfast buffet. The staffs were helpful, and understood English without much effort. The beach in front of the hotel was really nice. The breakfast area was also very good with a nice range of food to choose from. It’s a very good family hotel. However, the size of the room was very small and the bathroom was almost a joke! Even with the shower curtain on, the whole bathroom floor would get splashed. The shower drain gets flooded whenever the shower is on for 1 minute!! We actually had to wait in the shower for the water to go down! There was NO Wi-Fi signal in our rooms. We complained every day during our stay and they replied every day that they are fixing and we’ll get the connection by the afternoon. I think they were never fixing it, it’s just what they say when guests complain about internet. Overall, I think I won’t’ mind going back to this hotel, given that I have good Wi-Fi signals in my room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Impiana S, Manager at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear ainee_risha,

I am happy to hear that you found so many positives about our resort. Starting with the various healthy choices of breakfast buffet, to our beachside location, to our service oriented and pleasant staffs.

I do have to admit that we have been experiencing some issues for 3 days during your stay with our complimentary wifi system. After the repair, wireless high speed internet gets back to normal. Regarding the room size, Impiana Samui have different room categories to choose from; ranging from 23 sqm – 40 sqm depending on the room you booked. Sizes and room information are clearly stated in internet and in all our confirmation letters. We are also surprised to hear about the shower drain in your room, if you had mentioned this to one of our Managers on duty,
we could have checked and given you the service needed. We regret the room fell short of your expectations.

I am delighted to hear that you have plans going back to our hotel and rest assured we would LOVE to welcome you back again in the future!

All the best and warm wishes,

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and could of easily stayed for longer. The hotel only has a small pool but who cares about the pool when the beach is stunning and only a 20 second walk away. Rooms are pretty nice, staff are really friendly especially down by the beach bar which has two happy hours per day. Both for two hours. The beach is really clean and inviting. We ate at the beach restaurant one evening which is very romantic. A band playing nice quiet music there in the evenings Is a Nice touch. Hire scooters down the road (5 min walk) for half the price of the hotel. We had part of our honeymoon here and it did not disappoint. breakfast is really nice also. About 5 min ride Into Chawang which isn't too bad. Away from busy nightlife but close enough to get involved.

• Stayed: February 2013
Impiana S, Manager at Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear ausrussian,

I am glad to read that you were impressed by the physical layout of the Resort; the stunning beach, excellent breakfast, the best happy hour deals down by the beach bar and the friendly service staff.

I will be sure to share your kind comments with all the staff, who will be delighted and motivated that they made your honeymoon at our Resort so special.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We would love to see you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night in February and upon arrival was told our room wasn't ready (this was after 6pm). We were thus given a complimentary dinner for the two of us, although we were not allowed to select what we wanted to eat, and it was all primarily seafood which my girlfriend and I are not big fans of. After almost two hours of waiting we were allowed to access our room. The room was ok, although there were some problems with bugs and the general feel of the room was a little rundown and old (we had a pool view room). The bathroom was most notably not in the greatest condition and I believe our check-in was delayed because of some problems in there although they would not tell us.

Overall, staff seemed to be very friendly and the free shuttle in to town was nice. Also, beautiful beach location, a lot better than staying right on Lamai or one of the other busy beaches on the island. A little bit quieter. Drinks were expensive at the bar, although there are many other options not too far away for the thirsty travellers!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear IHeartRonSwanson,

Thank you for your contribution! We are happy that you chose to stay with us even for a night. We appreciate your kind words about our friendly staffs and your recommendation for free shuttle service to town which we offer (4) four times daily.

Please allow us to take a minute of your time to clarify and respond to your queries.

I do have to admit that the hotel was fully booked the whole month of February. Informing us of your arrival time beforehand, helps us to allocate guest rooms upon arrival more efficiently. We had to let you wait for the room upon arrival and we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The issue that you had regarding the complimentary dinner was not acted upon, we were unaware at your food preference at the time.

With regards to the drink prices at the bar, our prices are competitive and in line with comparable hotels and resorts in Koh Samui. Please note that we do have our happy hours, three times daily which has received numerous compliments as majority of our guest are more than happy enjoying our happy hours. You are of course entitled to your opinion and we respect that.

Needless to say, thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Sincerely and with warm wishes

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel/resort has the potential to be amazing with its nice grounds and location on the beach etc..
We paid for an upgrade on arrival (which seemed to be a pain rather than a gain o the girl on the desk) and when we got to the beach side cottage it had a sewage smell, ROCK hard bed (even after getting topper put on) and room very small and awkward. I was really upset as I had booked this with the idea it was be great for my bf and I.
I politely complained the next morning and the nice manager moved us to the other side of the resort to a bigger room- really appreciated her help. It made the rest of the stay a lot more comfortable.
She was probably the only curtious and welcoming staff member- the majority of the staff were constantly walking around looking like they were hating life never greeting or smiling at us, we would walk in to lobby and staff would be on their I phones and wouldn't greet, then staff blowing their noses at breakfast- which takes me to not even being offered tea or coffee at breaky.. Just such little things that can make a whole world of difference.
Chewang Noi obviously is quite remote and on a lovely stretch or beach, don't stay here if you want to be in amongst all the action, we stayed 3 nights in central chewang (around kc, buri rasa, banana- best bit of beach around these hotels) but at Impiana there's a really cute little resturant next door which is also a bar and has massages etc- all you need and very cheap. The free shuttle was good that the hotel offered, drinks were ok from hotel bar but the main bartender at night was horrible- very loud and rude.
I appreciate the new room we were given, however this hotel needs new staff with a better attitude, really work on the small things like saying hello, as well as new beds, better showers as the baths/showers were atrocious, room upgrade in general to be larger and a fresher selection at breakfast. Probably wouldn't stay again, sorry!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Stephy190690,

Greetings from sunny Koh Samui!
Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our resort.
I had written to you personally over the issues that you had faced and haven’t been able to get a reply back. I hope to hear from you.

Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the staff service that you received. We have taken note and shared with our food & beverage, front office teams and training department for corrective actions and further trainings will certainly be adopted accordingly.

I still hope that you will consider giving us an opportunity to better serve you in the future
and this will not deter you from returning to Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, Koh Samui.

In the meantime, please accept warm wishes from us all.