I was very impressed with the staff here throughout our stay from check-in to check-out. My son got a little Impiana teddy on arrival which he clung to for the rest of our stay, for example...
..... but the room was grotty, I had a small view of the sea but over the huge roof tops, so it wasn't very picturesque on the small balcony and the room was also tiny, as was the bathroom - you can hardly move about without bashing into something (and I am only 5'4" and 8 stone). In fact I managed to smash my foot on the bottom of the bed as I got up one morning (sober!) because there just wasn't the room to move about as expected. I was also constantly worried about the bathroom water seeping out in to the room and causing me or my son to go head over heels.
Likewise the pool area was tremdously slippy, and my son managed to slip over in the same spot without running, just walking normally, five times! There were only 4 sunbeds around the pool, something I noticed other travellers have complained about. When I asked them to move one of the sunbeds up from the lower sunning area, they did, but they said it was not the usual practise and they prevented anyone else from doing this - probably because the deck area around the pool is small, but this is really the only place to catch the sun, so 4 sun beds is completely useless! I saw this cause a lot of aggro to a lot of disgruntled guests!
The general feel of the hotel is faded and old and sprawling - nothing intimate as not small enough and not luxurious enough for the 'resort' tag - and certainly not luxurious enough for the price.... Room service was average (there was always a faint smell of old things, not quite sure what) and slow - sometimes our room was not ready to return to until about 5pm which is rubbish.
The pool area is pretty and the beach restaurant and cafe is lovely - I really enjoyed the food there and yet the bar staff are completely up their own ****s on the beach there, which was a shame as I would have liked to have hung out there a bit while my son played on the beach, but i didn't feel very welcome.
There are good cheap massages to be had on the beach to the left outside the hotel - don't bother with the spa I'd say...
It was also incredibly expensive - for food, I didn't mind as it was good, but for the hotel rooms and facilities? It wasn't worth it.
One BIG thing to mention, is that we stayed over new year's eve 2012. On the actual night of NY, it completely chucked it down (with rain) and the diligence and hard work of the staff to keep their NY buffet from being washed away was just incredible. The restaurant had been done out like a wedding/big banquet. The food choices were amazing and varied and very high quality - there was a spit roast, about 4 other meat choices, chinese, thai and japanese food, english and loads of other delicious foods, vegetarian, puddings, cheeses.... you could help yourself all night, and same for the wine, both of which was paid for in advance on a ticket bought at the same time I bought the room online. That part was definitely worth it and I cannot recommend and praise the staff enough for perservering in the storm that would throw water sideways into the restaurant, soaking all the guests and the table decorations. The bands played on, the fireworks still ignited and we still all had a great time.
There is a shuttle bus to the town, that you have to book in advance, but the town is rubbish and boring and full of things like McDonalds and cynical money grabbing locals, bored with the tourists (which I don't blame them for!).
I would like to recommend the Italian restaurant over the road which was pretty, quiet and with good food and great service.
Overall, I was only really impressed by the staff's attitude on NY eve and coping with the rain, and the food was good, not top class, just really good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi is on a secluded, white sand beachfront with sunrise views. Set among lush tropical gardens, the 96 contemporary Thai inspired rooms are a great base to explore the island’s beauty or laze by the pool or beach to fully recharge. Enjoy friendly service and tantalizing cuisine at Sabai beachfront restaurant, chill at the beachfront bar or treat yourself to a pampering treatment at Swasana Spa. For something really special, indulge in a private dining experience on the beach with your loved one. Located only 5 min from Chaweng by shuttle bus, you’re very close to the shopping, restaurants and nightlife Samui has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Impiana Samui Resort And Spa
- Impiana Samui Hotel Bophut
- Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi Ko Samui, Thailand