“pleasant stay”

Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort & Villas
Ranked #37 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Lovely boutique hotel with convenient location at Chaweng beach. You can walk to the town either by the beach front or past the shops. Otherwise, the hotel provides a free shuttle to town several times a day.
There were a few nice touches, like a complementary massage, fruit platter and towels folded into the shape of an elephant. The staff were also very accommodating, with one of them waiting up for us till 11 pm to help sort out our bills.
The food there is ok and drinks reasonably priced.
There are many other hotels, restaurants and bars just a few minutes walk down the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I tried to book a Pool Villa at this hotel (I stayed there on my first trip to Samui maybe 10 to 12 years ago, and loved the place). The web site said there was a promotional price of 6,350 baht a night, stay 4 nights and pay for 3. However, the booking system wanted to charge 25,400 baht instead of 19,050 so I rang the hotel and was told this was the price for 1 person even though the web site said it was for 2. They said they would email me, and I asked them to hold the room for me until we resolved the pricing issue.

The next day I had not received an email so I called again, I confirmed my email address again and then an email did arrive. I cut and pasted the offer from the web site and sent it back, and received a reply that this was the average pice for 4 nights, which is not what the web site said. I finally relented and agreed to pay the increased price as I thought it was still good value. But was then told that they had taken a booking over night and were now full on the dates I requested. They suggested that I change my holiday plans to a date when they were not full, which is clearly not a viable option.

I am very disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian P
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a lovely fairly small hotel with the personal touch. Staying in a superior room, with a large bed/sitting room, separate shower and toilet rooms, with a whirlpool bath. Tea/coffee making facilities and free wifi !! two disappointments were it has quite a tiny pool with not much space around it making all the sun beds virtually on top of each other., And you dont really have any private space outside your door. From the pool area there is a few steps down onto charweng beach where the crystal clear waters invite you in. This is ideal for families as the sea is no more than 18inches for at least 300 yds. Breakfast has a good variety of items, and the italian restaurant belonging to the hotel is good. ( just a short walk out onto the main road is about 5 - 6 small restaurants, a small shop and a ATM machine)

Room Tip: If possible and within your budget go for the villas.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Baan Haad Ngam is not a 5 star resort but it was 100% perfect for my wife and I (mid 30's from the US). It is located on the end of Chaweng beach and is nice and quiet but walkable or a cheap taxi ride into town.

The rooms are very big and the staff was always helpful with any questions we had.

I highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

First time we have ever booked a flight and accommodation package so we were a little worried about what we might end up with without seeing the place!
There was no need to worry as its exactly how it looks in the pictures. We have been here for 5 nights now, the staff are friendly and are having a joke with us every time we see them either in Thai or well spoken English. The room (pool villa) is everything it looks like in the pictures, has a westen toilet (although you can't flush the paper), comfy and clean. There is a sliding door out to the deck area that has a small gap to let the odd mosquito in but the staff turn down the bed and light a citronella lamp every night. Olivio the restaurant overlooks the beach with the hotels large pool beside it (the ones in the rooms are around 2x4m and over a metre deep), it specializes in Italian cuisine but also have a Thai menu. We had one Thai meal and although you don't get the spices and smells of the dirty little place in the back alley that we come to love in Asia it was westernized but good.
The hotel itself is a little north of Chaweng about 5 mins via taxi or bike so it's a less party orientated but close enough to be around 150 to 200 baht by taxi and the hotel runs 5 free busses a day into Chaweng. The local bars are a lot cheaper than town although still up there compared to less touristy area's of Thailand.
Can highly recommend the place before I jump back into the pool to cool off. Loving it!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We spent a week at Baan Haad Ngam in a pool villa and LOVED it! Yes, the pool villa is a bit of a splurge, but it was definitely worth it! The room was large, comfortable with a good size pool as well as a spa. The only complaint we had was that there are villas on three levels - the ground floor one that we were originally put in felt like we were in a box, with absolutely no views other than a brown fence! The second floor was much nicer, with partial sea views - however the whole outdoor area is undercover which meant that the pool didn't get dirty, but you also don't get any sun... These are (very!) minor complaints, but even so, I would request a top level villa next time.

The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly (even those whose English wasn't great). They were very accomodating, moving us to another villa and giving us a complimentary bottle of wine and a fruit basket. The rooms are all set around lovely gardens and whilst there are a lot of mosquitos, they have citronella burning everywhere which helps.

The buffet breakfast was a bit hit and miss - some mornings the options were great, others weren't so good. The restaurant is pretty overpriced, as are the pool side drinks (80B for a coke + tax and sc!!) And there aren't very many options for room service, but there are plenty of better options within a 10-15min walk.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place, especially if you're after peace and quiet and don't mind either renting a scooter or walking 20min + into chaweng.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Claireaus25
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked one night at the hotel as we had an early flight from Samui the next morning and the hotel is a stones throw away from the airport.
We asked for airport transfer and kids beds>
When we arrived greeted very nicely and timely check in.
The room was set up beyond our expectations, very very nice with two kids beds set up and fresh fruits and very clean.
The restaurant Is fresh simple Italian cuisine mastered by a talented chef K. Ubon Pleephoon.
Fresh ravioli and pizza and a beer overlooking the beach watching the sunset> good life!

Airport transfer spot on and they even helped with the bags.
Highly recommended.