Amari Koh Samui
$115
  • Beachfront
$401
Agoda.com
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$67
  • Pool
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$196
$153
  • Pool
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$176
$113
Agoda.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$105
$95
Hotels.com
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$102
$85
Priceline
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$122
Priceline
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$299
$69
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$144
$132
2,719 results
All reviewspregobeach sidethai villagegarden wingbreeze spakoh samuicrossing guardsdeluxe roomchaweng beachthe main hotelbusy roadmain poolthe main roadpool viewbreakfast was amazingour honeymoonhappy hour
Reviewed June 22, 2006

We stayed in a delux room which was nicely furnished and of a good size

The hotel grounds and pools were of the highest standard and very clean and there often seemed to be more staff than guests

The food in the hotel was ok and but over priced and we were both a little disappointed with Pregos with small portions and large prices
We both found Koh Samui not to our liking and much prefer Phuket but each to there own

• Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank Baggies_traveller
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Ive been meaning to write this for soooo long!!

Myself and my husband stayed at this hotel for a week as part of our honeymoon last year and i have to say it was amazing, everyone was so friendly and helpful + beds at the bar were cool and real romantic. There was also a great variety for breakfas, we stayed in a junior suite and it was spotless and the maids left us fruit and cakes each day!!! What more can i say pure bliss!!!

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank twinkletoes078
Reviewed June 6, 2006

We just came back from a short but lovely stay at Amari. After reading all the reviews on the net, we decided to stay at Amari and I can only confirm all the good things said about this hotel.

The hotel front-desk staff are really a cut above many others because they really do try to go the extra mile. We had 3 lovely quiet garden-view rooms (with balcony) for our group of 11which were really of at least a 4-star standard. The beds were extra large, larger than king-size and with rather firm mattresses.

Food-wise, the buffet breakfast at the hotel was really outstanding with an excellent spread of both Western and Asian dishes. Prego, an Italian restaurant, was also exceptional. If you prefer something local, I would recommend a restaurant called Baan Thai which is about a 10 minute stroll from the Amari. There is also a 7-Eleven about 50m from the hotel which is great for beer and other stuff you may need during your stay. The best part is that you pay local prices for your drinks. US$0.25 for a Coke and about US$0.60 for a beer! Cheap!

If you like a Thai massage, there are a few good clean outlets very near the hotel. I would recommend that you try "East Meets West" (I think that's what it's called) that provides a good 1 hour Thai massage for only 250 baht (about US$6). A 90 minute massage at the hotel would cost you about 3.5 times that amount (which we also tried).

The hotel is actually split into two parts with a busy street separating it. There are swimming pools in each "part" of the hotel. The rooms that are nearer the beach are currently under renovation but the restaurant and swimming pool are open for use.

I would strongly recommend Amari to anyone who wish to stay along Chaweng beach. A 4-5 star hotel at a 3-star price. I would definitely stay at Amari again should we decide to come to Ko Samui again for holiday.

• Stayed: June 2006
11  Thank ProfEW
Reviewed June 6, 2006

We are just back from 12 wonderful days in the Amari Palm Reef and I would, without a doubt, recommend it to anyone, both couples and families alike. From the moment you check into this hotel, you cannot but relax, the staff treat you exceptionally well and nothing is too much trouble. The grounds are kept in pristine condition and on the way to your room there are lovely touches all around the hotels grounds, such as rose petals arranged beautifully in barrells, not to mention the delightful aroma of incense and oils they seem to have burning in the open air 24/7..

The setting is idyllic and perfect for a romantic holiday!
We booked a Superior room and were delighted with our choice. The room was airy, clean and the bed was huge. The bathroom can not be faulted either - it was a very good size with a walk-in power shower, and all finishings were in black marble which I found very tasteful. The room had a DVD player (great for checking out all the cheap DVD & CD buys from Chaweng!) We also had a balcony which I believe all rooms have but do ask for a room on the top floor, if you can, as the view of the beautiful gardens and the mountains is not to be missed. Each day when our room was cleaned the staff left lovey button hole orchids on the pillows which was a lovely touch..Personally I think little touches like this contribute to making a place special and it is something you just do not get in hotels in Europe..

Breakfast in this hotel is delicious! You are completely spoiled for choice, there really is everything on offer you could want for breakfast and more..we frequently had seconds and thirds in one sitting as did many others! The breakfast room itself is upstairs overlooking the beach and presents another breath-taking view to enjoy over your coffee..The hotel is unique in that it is divided between 2 parts, across the road from one another. This did not present any issues for us, there are security guards on duty 24 hours a day to stop traffic while you cross the road and again, like all the staff, they are very friendly and helpful. Both pool areas are very clean and comfortable - the staff frequently provide you with chilled towels which are greatly appreciated by all the keen sun bathers!

The Savara spa is not to be missed. While the massages may not be as inexpensive as those on the beach, I believe you pay for what you get. Spending the extra few Bhat here is well worth it and you will not be sorry. I can safely say I will never have such a thoroughly relaxing expereience in any spa in Dublin (but not for want of searching and spending a fortune in doing so!) As a couple, we had a massage in the same room where the ambience was calm, tranquil, perfect - there is the sound of water lightly trickling from a fountain nearby and as the spa is open-air, you can hear the birds singing and the scent of the oils all contributes to a very relaxed state.. Having had a bout of heat stroke at the time, I could not have imagined I would have enjoyed the massage so much but it was exceptional. You walk out feeling like absolutely nothing could bother you it's that relaxing! (fell in and out of sleep on both occasions) I also had a manicure here and it was perfect and actually not very expensive at all. I think they add more attention to detail on all of their treatments than you would expereince in many other places.

There is plenty to do at night time in the area. The food in the Hotel's Italian restaurant, Prego, is very good, but if like us you prefer Thai food, then there are plenty of superb places to choose from. We tended to explore in the evenings, opting for dining out and trying different places as opposed to eating in the hotel. I would recommend doing this as you can get some great food at reasonable prices, espeically on the beach. There is a great Brazilian Restaurant called Zico's where they pretty much bring you all kinds of BBQ food presented on fantastic swords until you put out a red card asking them to stop! Another excellent Thai place to eat is at the beach right next door to the Amari and here you sit in traditional Thai style in huts which are elevated from the beach on legs, as such, and the food (and cocktails) are great! Well worth a visit.. As I said we tended to eat out in the evenings for variety, but we did stop by Bar C in the Hotel most evenings for a night cap and it is a great bar! Extremely well decorated, it's modern and cool without being over-the-top..It's truly relaxing and so beautiful at night as the pool and its surrondings are completely lit up in white fairy lights - very picture-esque. Not at all surprised that 3 weddings took place during our 12 night stay here as it is the most romantic of places I have ever visited.

The pictures in the brochure of white deserted beaches are extremely accurate as it was not high season when we visited so the hotel and surronding areas were not all that packed with tourists.

The high point for us was probably the staff as they really were fantastic to us. Even at 12.30 one sunday night when looking for an adaptor to charge the digital camera, this was no problem and an adaptor was brought to our room within 3 minutes of asking for it!

To summarize this was an exceptionally good hotel, the nicest place I have ever stayed in and I would be very lucky to return here someday..I belive that you could pay all the money you want in many places in Europe and still not experience the same enjoyment - or the high level of service - as you would in the Amari Palm Reef. Go and see for yourself and have a great time!

24  Thank Beaver65
Reviewed June 5, 2006

This hotel gets all the basics right and has some extra features which make it one of the best hotels on the island.

Designed beautifully, the grounds and rooms are superb and imbue the visitor with a sense of peace and relaxation. The staff are very efficient while remaining unobtrusively friendly and courteous. The location is excellent - near enough to Chaweng but far away enough so that a peaceful stay is assured. The pools and pool areas are well designed and maintained, if a little cramped for power swimmers. The food is varied and consistently excellent - breakfast is a treat and the occasional beach barbeques make dining at the hotel at least once worthwhile (despite some rather ropey tourist entertainent). Bar@C is more expensive than most places (especially the lively sunlight bar down the beach (mostly backpackers drink there)) but is well worth it for the service, music and,of course, the high standard of cocktail.

I don't really know much about spas but the Sivara spa was heavenly - we went for the 90 minute massages.

I could go on (beautiful scenic beach, water activities, etc.) but you should get the picture by now. I have no hesitation recommending this hotel, especially for couples.

• Stayed: April 2006