Amari Koh Samui
$115
  • Beachfront
$397
LuxuryCollection
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$128
Agoda.com
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$66
  • Pool
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$197
$154
  • Pool
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$176
$111
Agoda.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$137
OZOHotels.com
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$102
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$300
$70
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$142
2,717 results
All reviewspregobeach sidethai villagegarden wingbreeze spakoh samuicrossing guardsdeluxe roomchaweng beachthe main hotelbusy roadmain poolthe main roadpool viewbreakfast was amazingour honeymoonhappy hour
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed at Amari Palm Reef resort in April 2014. The main purpose for our stay was getting married at the resort which we had pre organized roughly a year prior. It was a very daunting experience planning a wedding overseas in a destination we had never been before, however I couldn't of ask for more from this resort they offer amazing wedding package that you can customize to your individual needs. We had 30 of our closest family and friends attend the wedding which also stayed at the Amari so the pressure was on to select a resort that accommodated all ages and was in an appropriate location which the Amari delivered. From the day we arrived a bottle of champagne was in our room chilled and ready to start off our wedding experience. The wedding day was above and beyond our expectations there wasn't a detail overlooked everything was perfect. We had the ceremony set up on the lawn area overlooking the beach and the evening meal in the Merante restaurant. The food in the restaurant was exceptional as it was during our whole stay. Every staff member was friendly and always there to help. The pool areas were clean and the rooms were lovely. I'd like to give a special thanks to Preecha Muedmon & Khanoengnit Sangngern for their hard work and attention to detail in making our wedding day & honeymoon a very memorable experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Hello Jade L,

Thank you for such an amazing review...thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

As you know, we really endeavour to connect with all our guests and it's a true reward when we manage to forge such relationships.

I am delighted to read your special day went smoothly, over and above your expectations and every details was perfect.I am particularly thankful for highlighting Preecha and Khanoengnit . It doesnt surprise me that they made such an impression they are key members of the team ensuring that we constantly aim to impress at every opportunity.

Jade I sincerely thank you for all your comments and do hope that this will not be the last time we have the chance to welcome you back. Rest assured we are here, ready and waiting!

Warmest wished to you both,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

we recently stayed 2 nights in a junior suite at the Amari Koh Samui. I do not understand all the negative comments here. The hotel is very niice, staff is exceptionally friendly, food in the hotel including breakfast is very well. We have stayed in many 4-5 stars hotels around the world and the Amari deserves its 4 stars. I can understand however that if you spend 2 weeks with a family there, the room and in particular the cupboards are very small. and the bathroom is extremely small. On the other hands, the pools and the setting is very nice. One negative, which is beyond the control of the hotel - the beach is very small and the water is not clear. Therefore, I would recommend anyone who wants to stay time on the beach, to take a taxi and go to north chaweng.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear yvan_d,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us.

Overall I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time.

I am also thrilled to read and it's great to see you found so many great areas to enjoy while here, including our breakfast. Particular thankful for highlighting the team hospitality and friendliness, its an area we are continue to improve and strive.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future....and hopefully for a longer stay next time. Once again thank you for your comments

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel is ideally situated adjacent to the beach and just a short walk to main shopping area and restaurants. The rooms are large and have a pleasant decor with very spacious and functional bathroom.
We found the level of service to be exceptional. Staff members make you feel very welcome and nothing is too much trouble creating an atmosphere of calm and happiness.
Food and beverages are reasonably priced and the two restaurants offer good range of food. The Thai beach buffet is a must!
We loved our stay and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Rooms can be a bit far away from lobby area so request closer room if mobility a problem.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Anne00_12,

First of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us and pleased to see you will have not hesitation in recommending the resort.

As always, I am delighted to hear when our service makes such a positive impression.

I am thrilled to read you connected with the resort, enjoying everything from our location to the rooms and onto the quality and variety of our cuisine.

I do thank you for your comments however and I do hope that next time we welcome you back we can push to exceed your expectations and rate even higher next time!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Just home from a small peice of paradise, white sandy beaches and fabulous views.
we had a room on the opposite side of the road to the hotel. the room was spacious with excellent facilities, big bed which was very comfortable and sheets changed daily and excellent air conditioning.
food at the hotel was slightly more expensive than out and about but cheap compared to home. it was fair to say the food is superb, we had a thai buffet on the beach which i would definitely recommend probably the best this food we had.
a short 5 min walk into the main town, all very same same, bars some good restaurants and typical market type traders selling copied designer clothes and accessories. the only hassle was local tailors who really push to get you in the shop. if you need a new suit then probably a good deal, but not for us.
we visited with another couple who were renewing their wedding vows after 25 years of marriage.
the Amari did an amazing job of beach gazebo and fab food even laid on hairdresser and flowers. they had a very personal ceremony with just the 4 of us, a very romantic meal on the beach, can't say enough how great it was. recommend contacting the hotel to arrange and not the travel companies....
i also recommend trying the beach food sellers, very cheap and gorgeous, they cook small chicken kebabs and sweetcorn in front of you and definitely try som Tum papaya salad.
My personal gripes, pool is too warm in the afternoon well most of the time really there is no relief form the heat but we did go in height of hot season.. and the beach hotel bar charges a service charge and tax even if you go and get it yourself..
i would definitely recommend this hotel for couples and families alike, facilities are good with free WiFi available everywhere, even in most of the bars and restaurants.
staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: we had a room across the road form the hotel, quiet and well equipped. rooms the same side are quite a premium but really i couldn't see the need..
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geoff C
Shane L, Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Geoff C,

First of all, a huge thank you for sharing such a thorough review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see you would definitely recommend the property.

I am happy to hear that you found so many positives about the resort, ranging from our spacious rooms with excellent facilities to our superb food and our Thai buffet on the beach.

I am particular thankful for highlighting the romantic beach dinner with gazebo and flowers, its an area we believe the property does excels.

Yes you are correct the hotel food and beverage outlets do charge a tax and service charge to the bill, and this is a common practice in hotels in Thailand.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and as said, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Spent a week here and have no complaints, in fact it was really good! The staff were excellent and really helpful and friendly.

Our room was on the far side of the road and was fine. The pool on that side of the road is a bit quieter and there are always security to help you cross the road.
The only negative I would have is the towels are a bit washed out. Shouldn't be hard for a hotel to keep the towels fresh and new.

The location of the hotel is great, a short walk into Chaweng but far away to be out of the real busy area. The beach is part of a lagoon so I'm guessing due to the lack of flow of water mud and sediment builds up leaving it slightly murky but I had no problem with it.

Both pools were good and clean and I commend this hotel for removing towels from unattended sunbeds. If your not using a lounger you shouldn't be allowed reserve it for hours.
Service was available at the pools.

As some people mentioned here the rooms may be getting a little tired but I'll stress that this is not to a level that would hinder your enjoyment of the hotel. Really good daily cleaning service which always seemed to be done quick and efficiently.

Breakfast gets a good write up here but to be honest quality its just a typical buffet breakfast. What I was impressed with was the selection.

For those interested the gym is small but has clean/newish equipment with cold towels! Equipment: dumbbells up to 12kg, Multi weights machine, 2 treadmills and 2 steppers.

Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 1stClassIRL

Hello 1stclassIRL,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent experience at Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui. I am delighted to see that we made such an incredible impression.

I am thrilled to read you enjoyed everything from our location ( I may be bias however I believe our location is the best in Koh Samui close enough to the restaurants/bar scene and far enough to enjoy peace and quiet), to the pool and onto our daily cleaning service.

In the regards to the issue you highlighted, in May we are introducing fresh new beach towels for our guests.

Thank you again for such a positive review and of course I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.