We last stayed at the Amari Palm Reef about 10 years ago and not much has changed. That can be good or bad, depending on your point of view!
The location is good at the quieter end of Chaweng Beach but still within an easy walk to shops and restaurants.
The hotel is split across two sides of a busy road but it worked well for us. We stayed in a deluxe room in the garden wing on the non-beach side which was a much quieter area than the beach side of the property.
Rooms haven't changed in 10 years and although now showing signs of tiredness they're very clean. Marble bathrooms are looking faded and worn and new fittings seem well overdue. But again, they're very clean.
The pool area in the garden wing is much quieter and more suited to adults only or families with toddlers. Food and beverage service in this area can be slow depending on how busy the area is.
Food at Amari is very good. Buffet breakfast provides plenty of choice and is of good quality. Breakfast is served in an upstairs dining area so climbing stairs may prove difficult for some parents with young children or older guests.
We also ate in the area around the main pool and at Prego and both were of reasonable quality and cost.
We stayed at Amari for 6 nights in a deluxe room and our deal also included breakfast each day and return airport transfers which cost us 44000 baht. We booked directly through their website to get this deal.
We really couldn't believe that things were exactly the same as 10 years ago. I know there are much newer properties available in Koh Samui but overall, whether you're a couple or a family, you'll get a well located, clean and comfortable, good value for money stay at the Amari Palm Reef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amari Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Amari Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand