We chose Amari because of it's location: walking distance to Chaweng and the nightlife. The hotel is perfectly located. We had a room on the "other side" of the road. So it was quieter and that suited us perfectly well. We enjoyed our stay here as it's a beachside resort and it's a good one. Not really a romantic hideaway but that's what these resorts are about: fun in the sun.
The breakfast buffet was ok, a bit busy at times. So was the pool. Lot's of noise from guests shouting and playing. The pool on the other side of the road is more quiet and nicer if you want to relax.
We had lunch at Bar@c twice which was really good. Good variety and quality. Good prices too. Went to Prego one night and although it's the much talked about Italian on Samui, we were not completely convinced. Good, but nothing special.
The staff was - hey, this is Thailand - all smiles, helpful and friendly. If you want to be close to Chaweng this is a perfect hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amari Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Amari Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand