We recently stayed at the Amari Palm Reef with three young children; a 5yo, 4yo & 2yo and had a fabulous time there.
The Garden Wing rooms had plenty of space, very well kept and cleaned daily which was very important to us when travelling with the little ones.
You'd be spoiled for choices at the breakfast buffet; cereals, breads, fruits & juices. Lunch was equally good; quite a wide range of sandwiches and local dishes. The best part was the 3 hour happy hour which offers 1 for 1 drinks - the Lychee Mojito was a ripper!
The location was superb; at the quiet end of Chaweng but plenty of restaurants on the beach to choose from which I think is a must do when you are in Samui. In less than 5 minutes walk to the left of the reception, you can find a convenience store if in need to replenish some snacks/milk for kids, there's a laundry just in case you haven't packed enough and have a good foot massage for 200 Baht for an hour - bargain!
Despite the lack of a Kid's Club, our little ones were busy enough enjoying the huge pool on the beach side and playing on the sand. Besides, I had packed some activity books to keep them occupied just in case. We spent most of our days lounging under the huge tree on the beach which provided us a great relief from the sun. Even my youngest one had his daily nap there (for at least 2 hours!) - which was fantastic!! The beach is very safe and calm for our little ones.
In summary, we had the best time at the Amari; the staff were very polite, always a warm smile on their faces and very accommodating to our needs. Thanks to the team & Luz for your hospitality and making sure that we were comfortable.
And thanks to the GM, Martin Kunzmann for the cake & card for our son's second birthday. It was quite a treat for them especially for our little girls!
We definitely look forward to coming back soon as it was a great beach getaway with the kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amari Hotels, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Amari Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand