“Fantastic Family Getaway”
Review of Amari Koh Samui

Amari Koh Samui
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We recently stayed at the Amari Palm Reef with three young children; a 5yo, 4yo & 2yo and had a fabulous time there.

The Garden Wing rooms had plenty of space, very well kept and cleaned daily which was very important to us when travelling with the little ones.

You'd be spoiled for choices at the breakfast buffet; cereals, breads, fruits & juices. Lunch was equally good; quite a wide range of sandwiches and local dishes. The best part was the 3 hour happy hour which offers 1 for 1 drinks - the Lychee Mojito was a ripper!

The location was superb; at the quiet end of Chaweng but plenty of restaurants on the beach to choose from which I think is a must do when you are in Samui. In less than 5 minutes walk to the left of the reception, you can find a convenience store if in need to replenish some snacks/milk for kids, there's a laundry just in case you haven't packed enough and have a good foot massage for 200 Baht for an hour - bargain!

Despite the lack of a Kid's Club, our little ones were busy enough enjoying the huge pool on the beach side and playing on the sand. Besides, I had packed some activity books to keep them occupied just in case. We spent most of our days lounging under the huge tree on the beach which provided us a great relief from the sun. Even my youngest one had his daily nap there (for at least 2 hours!) - which was fantastic!! The beach is very safe and calm for our little ones.

In summary, we had the best time at the Amari; the staff were very polite, always a warm smile on their faces and very accommodating to our needs. Thanks to the team & Luz for your hospitality and making sure that we were comfortable.

And thanks to the GM, Martin Kunzmann for the cake & card for our son's second birthday. It was quite a treat for them especially for our little girls!

We definitely look forward to coming back soon as it was a great beach getaway with the kids!

Room Tip: The Deluxe Garden Wing rooms on the ground floor were good especially with little ones.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
PalmReefAmari, General Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Junaita,

Thank you very much indeed for your great review following your recent stay with us. It's really nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us, being family friendly is something we are proud of!

I have passed on your comments to Luz and the team, who will be happy to hear them. The bar team will also be pleased their Lychee Mojitos were a hit with you :)

It was nice to meet you and your husband briefly, and we do hope to see you back here again soon.

With my best wishes,

Martin Kunzmann

Write a ReviewReviews (2,573)

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had my wedding here and could not recommend it highly enough. The staff were amazing and so accommodating. It was a very cheap wedding compared to Australian standards and I feel like I got a bargain of a lifetime.
The beds were so comfortable, the rooms well presented with heaps of room, the staff friendly, the food fabulous and it was not over priced.
My wedding day was amazing and even though it poured rain 3 hours before the wedding, the staff were still able to setup in time for a beach wedding. Every extra touch made this place the most amazing stay and wedding.
I got everything I wanted and more.

Room Tip: The rooms on the beach side of the hotel were the best, although there was nothing wrong with the ot...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
PalmReefAmari, General Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Oribear,

Thanks a lot for writing a review and posting the photos, very much appreciated and so happy we were able to exceed your expectations.

Your blue wedding was certainly unique and we loved setting it up, it looked great!

Best wishes from Samui and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again on day soon,

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying in this hotel and the second time i was upgraded on arrival. Rooms immaculate and staff cannot do enough which is typical of Thailand. Took my 4 yr old son with me who thoroughly enjoyed all the sights on offer. The breakfast is still amazing. Been all over the world and I would still rate this as best. One of our party took very unwell spending 6 weeks in hospital in thailand and the hotel couldnt do enough making space for the party in a full hotel Would recommend this hotel to anyone and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Niclolly

Dear Niclolly,

I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your return stay with us, and the kind comments about our team are much appreciated. The Chef in particular is chuffed that you rate the breakfast so highly.

Many thanks again and hope to welcome you back for a third stay!

Tropical greetings from Samui,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I got married at the Amari Palm Reef on April 7 2013, and it honestly exceeded our expectations ten fold! We were already impressed with Amari's friendly and professional service before we arrived, but our stay there was just perfect. We were greeted by name on check-in and congratulated on our upcoming wedding, I was feeling very ill at the time and complimentary peppermint tea was sent to my room by Kanda, which was very sweet. Our room was beautiful, constantly spotless, the bed/pillows were the most comfortable I've ever slept on, and I could have stayed under the shower in the bathroom for a week!
Breakfast was the best I've had in any hotel, and I must admit that I ate about four plates every morning because the selection was so huge and varied that I had to try everything! Pastries, sushi, cheeses, Thai food, smoothies, eggs made to order, bacon, pancakes, juices and fruit, I had them all!
I did not get a chance to use the Gym or Breeze Spa but some of our guests did and gave similarly glowing reviews. We did however make good use of Bar@C, where we were given quick and personal service, cold towels and amazing cocktails by Ar Non and his team. We often met other guests who stay at the Amari every time they come to Samui, as it's quite simply the best service, location and price.
Our wedding day went without a hitch, including a complimentary room upgrade for the remainder of our stay to a rose-petal strewn honeymoon suite, and again, the food was incredible and the staff were so efficient and friendly. It was the best day of my life, thanks in no small part to Juliane, Kanda, Ar Non and ALL the staff at the Amari!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear V & K,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Myself and the team are really very happy that we helped make your special day and time here with your family and friends unforgettable! I have passed your compliments on, in particular to Juliane, Arnon and Kanda, who are all very pleased to hear it!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our little island paradise one day soon :)

With warmest regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed for three nights here, and dont regret our decision. The hotel is just perfect, walking from the busy Chaweng area and has good nice rooms.
We reached the hotel at 10 am, but were told to wait for 4 hours to check inn ,it was a pain, we had already covered a 12 hour journey and were very sleepy but all thanks to the hotel, we were sitting beside the pool, waiting fro our room. We had a small baby with us, still they showed no helpfulness and we were siting there, waiting for our rooms to get ready.
Breakfast good. Rooms were good. Bathrooms were too small.
We thought we were booked in a Superior Room, but were given a simple Garden View Room.
The place was amazing, the hotel was good. We had Barbeque Dinner on the beach, which was amazing.
Loved the stay. A must visit.

1  Thank Indian T

Dear Indian T,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad to see that overall you had enjoyed your experience, and do apologise for the wait upon arrival. We were running a very high occupancy during the time of your visit and needed to wait for the room to be vacated before preparing it for you to check in to.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you and your family back to stay with us sometime soon,

With best wishes,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Superb! Fantastic! I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Not only are the rooms and setting lovely, but most importantly the staff were amazing. Nothing was too difficult for them.
My daughter travelled from Australia to have her wedding at this hotel, and it was perfect. I am so appreciative of the efforts made to make her wedding perfect. My daughter wanted a blue and white theme so the orchids were dyed blue, the curtaining around service area was especially bought, rooms were changed, alternative set up just in case it rained and even a baby elephant for photos. Wow!!! I was impressed. Even if not for a wedding, it is a fantastic place to stay and I recommend it without reservartion. Food prices were good, beds so comfortable, pool lovely, books to read, lovely breakfast. I cant praise the Amari highly enough

Room Tip: The rooms close to the beach were preferable for me but I checked out the ones on the other side and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ray G
PalmReefAmari, General Manager at Amari Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Ray,

Many thanks for your excellent review. I'm really happy to hear that our team did such a good job in making sure your daughter's special day was unforgettable! The blue was a bit tricky, but as you can see anything is possible :)

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

All the best,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We wanted a quieter hotel and yet within walking distance to Chaweng town centre. Amari fits our expectation perfectly. Amari is located about 5 mins walk from Chaweng Town, where there are lots of retail shops/stores and restaurants.

We booked a superior room which across the road and the security personals make sure it is safe before guiding us across. The room was clean, spacious for a couple and comfortable. However the aircon is a bit noisy, but after all the walking and shopping, we felt asleep like babies.

Free Wifi (slow at times). Breakfast was very good; spoiled for choice (Asian, fruits, cold cuts, pastries, hot food, cheese, eggs station and etc.). Dinner at Meranté was good, live music was provided and there was a 1 for 1 drinks offer.

Friendly and helpful staff everywhere and the gardeners did a great job to upkeep the beautiful compound. No issue with the insects or mosquitoes.

Overall, we had a great stay and would recommend Amari to all. :) 

Room Tip: Rooms across the road and away from the main building are quieter.

Dear Tan23,

Just wanted to say thanks for the very nice review you posted recently, along with the photos. I'm so happy to hear that our hotel matched your expectations so well, and that it was a holiday much enjoyed.

If your travels bring you back to Koh Samui, we hope to see you then!

Best regards,