This is our 2nd stay here, previously we were here in 2006. We travelled as a family of 5 and stayed in a family duplex overlooking the back pool. All duplexes are above double rooms and most are based around the back pool. We stayed in room 3207, but 3205 through to 3212 all have pool views so request these if possible. Our children are aged 8, 4, and 1. The 1 year old was provided with a travel cot and 8 and 4 year olds single beds upstairs. The hotel make you sign a disclaimer about the room safely due to the stair rails upstairs, but we had no issues at all. I know some uk travel agents will only allow 2 children aged between 5 and 12 in these rooms, but contact me if you want to know how to get around this.
Everyone on here has already told you enough about the hotel. It's not quite 5 star but it has an amazing vibe, especially around the beach and at night. It's unbeatable really.
Food wise, go to the beach look right and you can get soft drinks for 20BHT and beer for 50BHT. Sweet corn is 50BHT, satay chicken sticks 20BHT and an amazing papaya salad is 50BHT.
T-shirts in the stalls around chaweng should not be more than 200BHT
You must go to Bophut Fishermans market on a Friday night. Great atmosphere and 300BHT each way in a taxi.
We did the cooking class at the hotel which was good value, and the first massage place you come to on the right along the beach is amazing and start at 200BHT
Wifi all around the hotel is free, towels and baby linen also provided. Staff are all wonderful, not seen anyone grumpy, everyone here is so lovely. They LOVE children.
We went 27th October to 11th November which was cheap flights with Etihad as its supposed to be rainy/low season here. It rained twice during our stay both time during the night, I'd certainly come at this time of year again as the hotel has less than 50% occupancy.
In summary this is a great great place to relax and for young children.
If you have any questions, please ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amari Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Amari Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand